3.0 of 5 stars 3.00  ·  rating details  ·  17 ratings  ·  5 reviews
They dominated college football and stood strong for their faith. Now, as they storm the NFL, learn all about "the three quarterbacks" Bradford, McCoy, and Tebow.
Published September 1st 2010 by Barbour Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Playing with Purpose, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Playing with Purpose

Matt Sanders
Overall, "Playing with Purpose" is a great book. The author, Mike Yorkey, makes the book very real, and seems to bring the reader inside the lives of these popular athletes. I would definitely recommend this book to Chistian athletes. In addition to the sports in these young mens' lives, it also shows how involved they are in Christian organizations. It shows how each of these athletes have a personal relationship with Christ. It really helped motivate me in my own relationship with Christ.
Thi...more
Carissa
Great book I enjoTitle: Playing with Purpose
Author: Mike Yorkey
Series: no
Chapters: five with some extras
Pages: 292
Genre: Non fiction
Rating: 5 stars. Great Book

I didn’t think that I would like the book, because it was about football. I don’t really like football all that much. The book was about three of 2010’s NFL draft picks. What set’s these three quarterback’s apart from the rest is their faith, their belief in Jesus Christ and God. The book focuses on Sam Bradford, Colt McCoy, and Tim Te...more
Megan Richardson
I really wanted to like this book. I love football, and I liked the idea about reading about up and coming football stars who had strong beliefs, but I couldn't do it. I stopped reading about 25 pages in because I couldn't stand the writing any more. It reads like it was written by a high-school doing a report on these 3 guys - and it wouldn't have gotten a good grade.
Tristan Boomer
I think the concept for this book was really good but I don't think it was written well. It jumped around a lot and didn't seem to stay on topic too well. I also think it spent way too long on some topics and not enough on others. I would rte this book 3/5 overall because of the solid idea but poor writing.
Nicole
I like the premise of the book: 3 guys who kept with their faith throughout high school, college, and the NFL. However, it sounds like it was written by a 7th grader. It doesn't sound professional at all. I read it solely for the story behind the athletes.
Paul Damkot
Paul Damkot marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2014
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2014
Tim Brick
Tim Brick marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2013
Jason
Jason marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2013
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2013
Debbie
Debbie added it
Sep 28, 2012
Craig Montgomery
Craig Montgomery is currently reading it
Sep 11, 2012
Joe Caplinger
Joe Caplinger marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2012
Haylea
Haylea marked it as to-read
May 21, 2012
Matt Laduke
Matt Laduke marked it as to-read
Feb 29, 2012
Playing with Purpose 1 1 Nov 20, 2013 08:45AM
Playing with Purpose: Inside the Lives and Faith of the NFL's Top New Quarterbacks -- Sam Bradford, Colt McCoy, and Tim Tebow Linspired Playing With Purpose: Tim Tebow Playing with Purpose: Baseball: Inside the Lives and Faith of Major League Stars Playing with Purpose: Basketball: Inside the Lives and Faith of Top NBA Stars