Start by marking “The Photoshop Cs2 Book for Digital Photographers” as Want to Read:
The Photoshop Cs2 Book for Digital Photographers

The Photoshop Cs2 Book for Digital Photographers

4.17 of 5 stars 4.17  ·  rating details  ·  186 ratings  ·  20 reviews
Scott Kelby, the best-selling Photoshop author in the world today, once again takes this book to a whole new level as he uncovers the latest, most important and most exciting new Adobe Photoshop CS2 techniques for digital photographers. This major update to this award-winning, record-breaking book does something for digital photographers that's never been done before--it c ...more
Published April 18th 2005 by Peachpit Press (first published January 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about The Photoshop Cs2 Book for Digital Photographers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Photoshop Cs2 Book for Digital Photographers

I'm looking for a book to walk me through setting up a clean digital workflow. This guy knows his stuff, but is in serious need of an editor--the book would be half the length if you removed all the self-amused geekery. If I wanted that kind of guide, I'd troll the message boards of photoshop websites...
Must Have "How To" Book for Photoshop CS2: If you want a "how to" book for Photoshop and not want to get into a technical discussion about the nuances of different slider settings, Buy this book.
Say you want to know how to reduce digital noise from high ISO. 3 steps and you are there.
Wonderful book. Must buy.
This book will not teach you how to shoot. So no discussion on framing, F-Stops, Apperture Priority.
This book will teach you how to post process in PS-CS2.
Stephen Kennedy
Good book on using the basics of Adobe Photoshop CS2. The author explains what some of the more popular tools in Photoshop and then walks you through an example of how to accomplish the effect.

The book is filled with Kelby's sense of humour which will have you groaning more than a few times, but the content is very good.

Some tips are not applicable to the new version of CS3, but some are.

Although I'm reading the CS2 book and using it for CS4 it is VERY helpful! There is so much to learn with photoshop and this really hits on some useful stuff! I checked it out from the libaray and didn't even finish it before it was due back. This is probably one of the only books I've checked out more than once!
Scott Kelby does a great job making a distance between beginners and professional approach to image manipulation. He explains all the things you need to now when doing certain manipulation in Photoshop. Also a dose of healthy humor make this book stand out.
it's cool can learn about photography from basic,,it give base knowledge about level.curve and trick to make photo better else,,,and in last chapter,you'll find trick to create border for photo...
Dec 12, 2007 Janene rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: amature photographer/photoshoppers
My go-to book for photoshop questions. As always, I love to hear Kelby's voice and personality shine through his writing. Even if it is just a basic tutorial, he always adds some spice to it!
OMG! So helpful! If you've even got a mild interest in digital photography (a digital camera, and photoshop) this is the book to get started with. Very easy to follow.
David Ho
A must have for those new to Photoshop. This is specially written for Digital Photographers how has limited knowledge on Photoshop for post processing work.
A great "how to" book that can make any amateur look like a professional. After years of photo retouching, I still refer to this book for tips and techniques.
Scott is a great author and his explanations on how to do things is a great way to start learning photoshop.
Very "user friendly". Great instructions and easy to follow his steps. Wonderful addition to the Photoshop Programs.
Aug 14, 2007 Puja rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: own
Good, useful. But I think I wish I got the Martin Evening version.

Nutmaster Saleewan
ผมอานแบบแปลไทยรูสึกแตกตางจากหนังสือไทยมากๆเลย ดีมากครับ
Aug 16, 2007 Joeri rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: digital photographers and other nerds
Shelves: photography
practical guide for common problems in the digital photo era.
Scott Kelby is one of my favorites
I love Scott Kelby - he rocks!
nice to learn, good !
i taught 'photoshop for photographers' from this book - kelby has a dorky sense of humor but admire both his ability to be deceptively simple - there's a lot of meat in this book - and i really liked working with his photos. he's a really good photographer, again, making something simple into something pretty great!
MP added it
Nov 13, 2015
My Library
My Library marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2015
Hugh Lawton
Hugh Lawton marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2015
KFT-pd20 is currently reading it
Aug 21, 2015
Jacqueline marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2015
  • Adobe Photoshop Restoration & Retouching (Voices That Matter)
  • Adobe Photoshop Cs3 for Photographers: A Professional Image Editor's Guide to the Creative Use of Photoshop for the Macintosh and PC
  • The Hot Shoe Diaries: Big Light from Small Flashes (Voices That Matter)
  • Adobe Photoshop CS3 Classroom in a Book
  • Mastering Digital SLR Photography
  • Speedliter's Handbook: Learning to Craft Light with Canon Speedlites
  • The Print (Ansel Adams Photography, #3)
  • Professional Software Development: Shorter Schedules, Higher Quality Products, More Successful Projects, Enhanced Careers
  • The Photographer's Eye: Composition and Design for Better Digital Photos
  • Beyond Portraiture: Creative People Photography
  • Linkers and Loaders
  • The Adobe Photoshop Layers Book
  • Artificial Intelligence: Structures and Strategies for Complex Problem Solving
  • Code Craft: The Practice of Writing Excellent Code
  • Excel 2007 VBA Programming for Dummies
  • Code Reading: Open Source Perspective v. 1 (Effective Software Development)
  • Learning UML 2.0
  • How to Photograph Absolutely Everything: Successful Pictures from Your Digital Camera
Scott Kelby is an American author and publisher of periodicals dealing in Macintosh and Personal Computer software, specifically for design professionals, photographers, and artists.

Kelby is editor and publisher of Photoshop User and Layers magazines, president and co-founder of the National Association of Photoshop Professionals (NAPP) and is president of Kelby Media Group, an Oldsmar, Florida-ba
More about Scott Kelby...