Start by marking “Hvordan sage en dame i to?” as Want to Read:
Hvordan sage en dame i to?

Hvordan sage en dame i to?

3.33  ·  Rating Details  ·  218 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
Want to know how to . . .

. . . start a riot?
. . . make moonshine?
. . . beat a lie detector test?

True, if everyone know how to do such things, the world may not be a better place. But for you, this is just the sort of Forbidden Knowledge that can transform your life. Who couldn't use a little more danger in their life? A little more edge? A little more fun? With Forbid

Hardcover, 1. opplag 2008, 255 pages
Published 2008 by Publicom forlag AS (first published September 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Hvordan sage en dame i to?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hvordan sage en dame i to?

Scott
Nov 11, 2009 Scott rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hm. What I learned from this book?
1) How to tell if your neighbor is a zombie (and what to do about it).
2) How to read entrails to predict the future.
3) How to hotwire a car.
4) How to walk on hot coals
75) How to write a cheeziass book. JK - many of these articles are fairly amusing takes on things. Unfortunately short in the detail department on some items, such as "How to Make an Atomic Bomb." So, one will just have to experiment, one guesses.

Still have 25 things left to learn at the time
Dec 28, 2008 Jennifer rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2008
Thanks to this book I know now how to stage a coup, make moonshine and cheat a parking meter. Sweet!
Mitch
Jul 15, 2012 Mitch rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: humor
Of course, you don't really evaluate a book like this. You just read it for enjoyment.

Ever have a hankering to kill your computer, cheat a parking meter or place a gypsy curse? That's my point exactly: you won't want to do all of these but you'll surely have wished you knew how to do some of them at one point or another.

This book adds some genuine funny to its descriptions of how to do all of these and 98 more. It doesn't really recommend you do them exactly- it's tongue in cheek. (It'll probabl
Jen
Jan 27, 2011 Jen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Who needs medical school? I now know how to perform open heart surgery. I think the first 2 or 3 times I may want the book beside me just to calm my nerves and to make sure I don't miss a step. But by the time I do it for the 4th time, I'll be golden.
Brian Sammons
Nowhere near as good as the title would lead you to believe, with some of the knowledge not really being all that forbidden, let alone practical. Still, it's a mostly fun and enjoyable read.
Kellie Eizensmits
was kind of funny...pretty far fetched, but i guess that was part of the humor...
Grace
Feb 11, 2011 Grace rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: for-fun, humour
This is an interesting little book that sits well on the shelf next to The Zombie Survival Guide: Complete Protection From the Living Dead. There are 101 tidbits of useful and useless knowledge written in a semi-sarcastic and only vaguely detailed manner.

My favourite were #18 - saw a woman in half (magic trick), #26 - create crop circles, #29 - pull a practical joke in the toilet, and #70 - streak a sporting event.

This book would probably make a fun gift for a person that enjoys bits of random
Monie
Oct 02, 2008 Monie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
In this book you will find 101 things NOT everyone should know how to do including my favorites:

How to. . .
…hack an elevator
…complain and get results
…start an urban legend

Who couldn't use a little more danger in their life? A little more edge? A little more fun? With Forbidden Knowledge, you will get it all.

This was a fun one-day read. Most of the information is just for entertainment but I did get a kick out of trying to convince my co-workers to let me perform open-heart surgery on them. The
Esma Tezgi
Çok basitti, başlarken böyle bir şey beklememiştim, bir kaç güzel bilgi dışında geri kalanı sayfa israfı.
Miles Eaton
Jan 08, 2010 Miles Eaton rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
very good read. loved most-all the things that it talks about. i could only find 2-3 things that werent exactly correct (i.e.- it was talking about if you put sugar in a persons gas tank that it will clog the fuel filter and starve the engine of air....no it will accept more air but little-no fuel, causing the engine to run lean vs. rich if it had less air and same amount of fuel). besides small things like that i was very much so entertained and almost cut out some of the art in the book but i ...more
Patrick
Jun 12, 2014 Patrick rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
A douchey disappointment.
Iskreads
Most people live a rather simple life, which means that the cops aren't chasing you for your illegal stash of drugs,
or loan sharks knocking on your door. with this book, you live your life dangerously and to the maximum, you wanna know
how to kill zombies?, well then flip to the first page. wanna know how to make an atomic bomb?, flip to the 12th page.
this book will make you like living dangerously.

Dimitri E
Ninja Pigeon

Most of these "obscure facts" I already knew. Not sure if that is simply because of my own inner geek, or exceptional exposure, but none of it was anywhere close to "build your own atomic bomb" stuff. At best it was "how to upset your neighbors by building your own eyesore in your backyard."
If that's your thing, this is worth it. If not, you're better off researching instructables or Wikipedia.
James
Funny, if a bit padded-feeling - and I can attest from my own experience that some of the details are wrong, which is just as well. This is in the same vein as the "Worst Case Scenario" books, taking a pseudo-matter-of-fact tone in talking about situations that are mostly impossible, ridiculous, or highly unlikely. Not one that will go down as a classic, but good for killing some time.
faeriemyst
Not as interesting or promising as it sounds, yet there's still some good information to be found even if there isn't enough detail for at least half the how-to's (probably a very good idea) and there are a few minor editing errors (e.g. their instead of they're, numbered lists missing a digit).
Peapod
Nov 14, 2014 Peapod rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This wasn't as good as I thought it was going to be. It seemed to have a slight misogynist slant to it.
Miriam B. Sayer
Aug 07, 2009 Miriam B. Sayer rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: humor
A person described this book as "If you ever find yourself in a plastic bag and need to know how to get out!!!" Abby Hoffmans "Steal this Book" offers more sound (but outdated)advice, but Forbidden Knowledge is still fun to read.
Eric
Dec 18, 2007 Eric rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Trivia Buffs
Shelves: trivia-etc
This book had some fun facts in it such as how to manipulate an elevator to skip floors and how to hack into a soda machine but for the most part the how-tos and trivia are pointless and/or left to vague to be of any use.
David Withun
Jun 10, 2012 David Withun rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: science
Exactly what the title promises. Very humorous and even a little informative. A quick read.
Phil Nicolle
Some possible, some silly and some just downright deluded. Interesting though.
Brittney Achim
I learned a lot from this book actually... ;)
Christoffer Rasmussen
Jun 04, 2013 Christoffer Rasmussen rated it really liked it
Morsom bok. Masse kult innhold. :)
Mike
Oct 08, 2010 Mike rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
A bit juvenile.
Oct 21, 2008 Jennifer rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
Ha!
Lucia Banks
Lucia Banks marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2016
Nitrorockets
Nitrorockets marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2016
Samantha
Samantha marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2016
Ceren Yaşar
Ceren Yaşar rated it really liked it
Jan 25, 2016
  • Sneaky Uses for Everyday Things
  • The Experts' Guide to 100 Things Everyone Should Know How to Do
  • Book of Secrets
  • The Action Hero's Handbook
  • The Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook: Life
  • Mental Floss presents In the Beginning: From Big Hair to the Big Bang, mental_floss presents a Mouthwatering Guide to the Origins of Everything
  • The Book of Lists: Horror
  • Mental Floss Presents Be Amazing: Glow in the Dark, Control the Weather, Perform Your Own Surgery, Get Out of Jury Duty, Identify a Witch, Colonize a Nation, ... Girl, Make a Zombie, Start Your Own Religion
  • Apocalypse How: Making the End Times the Best of Times
  • Ask a Ninja Presents The Ninja Handbook: This Book Looks Forward to Killing You Soon
  • The Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook: College
  • The Villain's Guide to Better Living
  • The Boys' Book: How To Be The Best At Everything
  • When Do Fish Sleep? : An Imponderables' Book
  • How to Rule the World: A Handbook for the Aspiring Dictator
  • Book of the bizarre
  • An Underground Education: The Unauthorized and Outrageous Supplement to Everything You Thought You Knew About Art, Sex, Business, Crime, Science, Medicine, and Other Fields of Human Knowledge
  • Encyclopedia of Things That Never Were: Creatures, Places, and People
More about Michael Powell...