Start by marking “The Loudest Roar” as Want to Read:
The Loudest Roar

The Loudest Roar

3.71 of 5 stars 3.71  ·  rating details  ·  56 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Clovis is a very noisy little tiger. He knows he has the loudest roar in the whole jungle. He's good at roaring, but he's very good at hiding - and that's when the trouble begins. This is a major new picture book from Thomas Taylor, the artist who created Harry Potter, for Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone.
Unknown Binding, 32 pages
Published August 1st 2002 by Not Avail

To ask other readers questions about The Loudest Roar, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Loudest Roar

A clever little story about Clovis, a young tiger who is the loudest, ‘most roaringest tiger in the whole world’. Amidst the calm of the jungle, when the other animals are relaxing, Clovis would creep up and roar as loud as he could, frightening them all: from the parrots to the elephants.

Then one day the monkey had an idea, and through communication and collaboration with the other animals, they decide to get their own back on the tiger. They crept up on him whilst he was drinking at the water
Clovis, a small tiger with a loud roar, disturbs the peace and calm of the jungle until the day that the other animals put their heads and voices together.
Ashlyn Barker
This is a good example of a predictable text for early readers. I would say this is best for K-1st grades.
Milanie Howard
Pretty adorable pictures, and the story was pretty cute and funny, too.
Great n 3 yr old Daniel likes it too but doesn't get the moral!
read summer 2014
Andrew Shute
A clever and cheerful book. I read it as a end-of-the-day story to my Year 1 class and they loved it, all of the class got involved and I was able to get my pupils to predict what was going to happen next.
Clovis may be a small baby lion but he reckons and he has the loudest roar in the world and is more than happy to make his fellow jungle friends jump as he shows off his loud roar! But the tables are turned on him at the end.
A pleasant read to a class full of young children.

Sep 24, 2009 Angela rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: kids
Sam liked the sound effects on this one. Too bad he's not old enough to understand the moral of the story! Would be good for a toddler learning to use his/her inside voice, or learning that just because you *can* do something, that doesn't mean you should.

(This review is based on the book only, not the book & CD.)
My sons both loved this simple book about a cute, but annoying, little tiger. The five-year-old even had me read it to his Kindergarten class! It's a sweet little book, although the monkey illustrations creep me out.
A fun and simple storytime read about a little tiger with a very big roar, who thought that was reason enough to make him better than everyone. Has a cute little bit of a twist at the end.
From Ms. Kim

Cute book for emerging readers. This book could be very interactive and prove to be a good "brain break" where everyone can practice their lion sounds.
cute story about a little lion who learns his lesson not to roar and scare other animals in the jungle. or does he?
My little boys LOVE this book. They like any excuse to ROAR!
Dawn added it
Oct 20, 2015
Aiyah added it
Aug 02, 2015
Jessie marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2015
Samar Abdela
Samar Abdela marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2015
WCNS added it
Jun 16, 2015
Jim Hayes
Jim Hayes marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2015
Michelle marked it as to-read
May 30, 2015
Charlotte marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2015
Joslyn Allen
Joslyn Allen marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2015