Blank-133x176

Brandon Sanderson

The Aether of Night

4.15 of 5 stars 4.15  ·  rating details  ·  47 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Published by unpublished

To ask other readers questions about The Aether of Night, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Aether of Night

Colin
I enjoyed the book, but not enough to give it four stars and I am trying to figure out why as I type this review. I think the main reason would be the lack of really interesting characters. The characters were enjoyable overall and I liked all of them, but they were kind of...expected? Compared to my favorite characters by Sanderson (Ais, Hrathen) there were none that really stood out.

I think most of the reason I only gave it 3 is because I've read so many of Sanderson's works that a large amoun...more
James
Brad
[First note: this book has not been published, and is only available from the author himself. If you go to his website and email him requesting this and White Sand (another unpublished work), he will likely send them to you. What a guy!]

Probably like 3.7-3.8 stars. Certainly not Sanderson's best work, but who would expect that from an early, unpublished, unpolished story? Lots of spelling and grammar issues that would easily be solved once it goes through revision and editing. That being said, I...more
Keith Pishnery
Aside from the Liar of Partinel fragment, this is the most promising of Brandon's unpublished works in rotation. I liked the portrayal of a real and overwhelming threat. Unfortunately it seems to be low on the priority list for the author.
Daniel
I really liked this book. A lot. Clearly as an unpublished book it has a lot of typos and some pacing issues and some things to be fixed, but it was seriously so good. I really hope Sanderson comes back to this and gets it published some day.
David
Great Book - Was obviously written before some of the cannon principles of the Cosmere were decided - It will be interesting to see if Brandon reworks this magic system into the cosmere under different shards or not.
Kristin Brenemen
It was interesting seeing this original point for the Cosmere, versus where the Cosmere has gone. There's definitely some core principles laying clear and naked in this book, and many character prototypes.
Austin Poulsen
This book was awesome!
sisusaurus
sisusaurus marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2014
Christina Browne
Christina Browne marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2014
Umair
Umair marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Gunner McGrath
Gunner McGrath marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2014
Albin Stenström
Albin Stenström marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2014
Kim Idar Giske
Kim Idar Giske marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2014
Camille
Camille marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2014
Michael
Michael marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2014
Dawn
Dawn marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2014
JO
JO marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2014
Peter Johnstone
Peter Johnstone marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2014
Amie Gallette
Amie Gallette marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2014
Jared
Jared marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2014
Jonathan Lee
Jonathan Lee marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2014
Addie
Addie marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014
Romison
Romison marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Zen
Zen marked it as to-read
John Patron
John Patron marked it as to-read
Zac
Zac marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
The newest Cosmere story, “Sixth of the Dusk,” is available now in Shadows Beneath: The Writing Excuses Anthology .

Brandon Sanderson was born in 1975 in Lincoln, Nebraska. As a child Brandon enjoyed reading, but he lost interest in the types of titles often suggested to him, and by junior high he never cracked a book if he could help it. This changed when an eighth grade teacher gave him Dragonsb...more
More about Brandon Sanderson...
Mistborn: The Final Empire (Mistborn, #1) The Way of Kings (The Stormlight Archive, #1) The Well of Ascension (Mistborn, #2) The Hero of Ages (Mistborn, #3) Elantris (Elantris, #1)