Start by marking “The Abigail Affair” as Want to Read:
The Abigail Affair

The Abigail Affair

3.08 of 5 stars 3.08  ·  rating details  ·  123 ratings  ·  23 reviews

The fast-paced, zany thriller from British author Timothy Frost that's sold over 30,000 Kindle copies worldwide.

Toby Robinson, twenty-two and broke, lands a job as deckhand on a Russian billionaire's yacht. On his first night aboard he is framed for the murder of a guest. And that's just the start of his problems. His attractive crewmate Julia seems to be the only one on h

Published (first published September 5th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Abigail Affair, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Abigail Affair

Simon Royle
4 1/2 Stars

I bought the Abigail Affair on the recommendation of a friend. She knows I'm a yachtsman and Tim Frost's book is set on the water. I'm happy to say that it was a good recommendation - a really fun read.

Plot - No spoilers from me. The plot hung together well and unfolded in a realistic fashion. Every time our hero looked like he was going to get out of trouble he managed with clumsy aplomb to dump himself right back into it. The best bit of this was you knew he was going to dump hims
Carla
If you enjoy well-paced adventures, tales of amateur sleuths making good and have a soft spot for British characters and humor, then `The Abigail Affair' by British author, Timothy Frost, is sure to appeal.

`The Abigail Affair', Frost's second novel since ditching a successful career as an advertising copywriter, has a lot going for it.

Its plot has been well structured, with an exciting prologue and an adventure-genre suitable ending. Frost uses appropriate descriptive detail and tension-creating
James Cridland
I'm afraid, I found this almost laughable.

It might be really cheap; but that is probably one of its only saving graces. This reads as if it aimed at 12 year olds. Toby is an immature idiot, the plot is both unbelievable and dreadful - one particular part making me laugh out loud. Given the total swearing in this book is limited to 'bleeding' and one or two s-words, I suspect it is a kid's book: yet the plot descends imto over-complex narcotics and business stuff in the middle which has no place
Vicki Tyley
Twenty-two-year-old Toby Robinson joins a Russian yacht as crew, clueless to what he's signed up for. Ruthless Russians, subterfuge and dead bodies abound.

The Abigail Affair is an action-packed and enthralling contemporary nautical thriller. There's no fluff or flat spots and the story is always moving. What stood out most about this book, though, was Toby's voice and larrikin sense of humour - distinctive yet not contrived.

Highly recommended.
C.L.R. Dougherty
Well done. Given that I've published the first book in my Caribbean-based thriller series, I was fascinated to find someone else working along similar lines. The writing and editing were top notch, and the story was great.
Lene
I really enjoyed this book..

Poor Toby gets himself into all sorts of trouble in his new job on a luxury yacht, and I had to keep on reading to see how he would get himself out of this one.
Anne
Getting towards the end of the challenge but struggling because I can't both write and read so I looked for some simple things and found this. It's probably the second or third sea story I've read and I must say I don't see the fascination but it was an all right story.

Told in third person restricted which kept it tight but occasionally made Toby seem like a complete moron, and all the other characters very superficial. There was also occasional head hopping, a massive 'as you know Bob' style in
Mary
Fast paced thriller. Like author's style and look forward to reading more by him.
Nev Thomas
Good thriller
Valerie
Fun summer read!
The Bookworms' Lair
I downloaded this about a week ago as it was listed as free on Amazon ( it's now 1.25) so it was a bit of a bargain really and the synopsis and positive reviews really drew me in. Normally I quite like thrillers but this one just didn’t do it for me, it didn’t really grip me until the last chapters and even then it was more a mild curiosity rather than an I can’t put it down page turner. It’s also described as ‘zany’ and ‘humorous’ in the comments clipped from Amazon reviews so I was expecting s ...more
John Marsh
A good read. Found it a little drawn out but has a good pace. Set in the Caribbean.
Christy
The descriptors "fast-paced", "entertaining", "tongue-in-cheek", and "dose of humor" drew me to this book. Add to it the idea of evil Russians and I'm there. I was disappointed. The prologue was the best part. I really wanted to quit reading this by a quarter of the way through but I really hate to not at least give the book a fair chance. The end redeemed it in a way but there was way too much "stuff" in between that just made me want to gnash my teeth in frustration.
Jean Browne
This book was ok but nothing more. I thought the author expected readers to blindly accept all the far fetched predicaments the main character got into and then got out of it. I lost interest through in the middle because I found it too hard to accept, but I muddled through. The end actually picked up a bit, but all in all I was disappointed. I hoped for more.
Kim Bondy
Ehh...a decent read. The last 20% was the best part of the book as with many mysteries. Since it was a free download, no complaints. If I had paid for the book, I would think it worth mentioning that the middle seemed to drag a little, and it seemed pretty unlikely that the main character would change decisions as he did.
Lisa
Even though this isn't the type of book I normally read, I thoroughly enjoyed it. I had to stop and catch my breath a few times, as the action is non-stop.
Toby and I have the same kind of luck, and I can only hope that I would be as resourceful in his situation.
Jeanette
Had it not been for a friend's recommendation, i probably would never have read this book. After the first few pages, I found myself unable to put this book down, despite some parts being far fetched. Loved the character of Toby.
Dixie
Oct 27, 2012 Dixie rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2012
A little far fetched having a young, broke, inexperienced 22 year old bar tender run into adventure after adventure on the high seas!
Amanda
An OK Kindle cheapie. Not as thrilling as I would have liked, and I didn't relate the main character, but a light read for a holiday.
Jack
Thriller set in the Caribbean seas. Enjoyable plot but I couldn't really warm to the protagonist
Chrissi
This is a quick and easy read and a decent enough thriller. Some parts are a bit far-fetched!
Rae
Found it almost silly. Elaborate conversations at illogical times. Would not recommend.
Tina
A little unbelievable.
Familyreader
Familyreader marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2015
Charlie Brown
Charlie Brown marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2015
Dave Clevenger
Dave Clevenger marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2015
Olive Breece
Olive Breece marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2015
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2015
Phyllis
Phyllis marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • The Lethal Effect
  • The Prophet Motive
  • The Eve Tree: A Novel
  • No Good Deed (Mark Taylor, #1)
  • Motion To Kill (Lou Mason, Mystery #1)
  • The Fallen
  • Man of Wax (Man of Wax Trilogy, #1)
  • Wrecker
  • Mortal Sin (Jake Lassiter, #4)
  • Double Exposure
  • Twisted Justice
  • Metro Star Murders
  • Wyatt's Revenge (Matt Royal Mysteries, No. 4) (Matt Royal Mystery)
  • Amanda's Eyes (A.J. Gregson)
  • Throne
  • All the Blue-Eyed Angels (Erin Solomon Mystery, #1)
  • An American Outlaw
  • King City
Timothy Frost started writing as a student and sold many of his short stories to newspapers and magazines.

However, a career as an advertising copywriter intervened, and Tim put his creative writing career on hold for approximately twenty-five years.

But his writing bug, although dormant, never expired, and when Tim found himself freed from the shackles of the ad industry he set to work and wrote hi
More about Timothy Frost...
Final Passage The Shoot Wedding March and Other Ghost Stories Play the Piper Kidnap Me!