Start by marking “Women's Intuition” as Want to Read:
Women's Intuition

Women's Intuition

3.82  ·  Rating Details  ·  196 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
Lark Summerville’s life has few surprises–and that’s just how she likes it. All she wants is to live out her angst-riddled life in her blue-collar Baltimore neighborhood, punctuated by weekly trips to her local parish, where Lark is organist, and telephone conversations with desperate souls who dial her hotline at 1-777-IPRAY4U.

Then one night, Lark’s home is destroyed by
Published June 9th 2010 by WaterBrook (first published October 15th 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Women's Intuition, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Women's Intuition

Kathleen
In general I'm not a fan of Christian literature, but I thought she did an interesting job of having the women's prayer give insight into their thoughts. The only reason this book rates three stars for me though is that the constant balance of how much women in a family share and interact with each other is a huge factor in my own life. I'm never quite sure if I am being too involved or not involved enough with my mother and my daughters. I know I withhold information from my mother that she wou ...more
LeAnne
Apr 11, 2016 LeAnne rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: maryland
Pretty dark. Told by three generations of a family, Leslie, Lark and Flannery, and their housekeeper. Short, first-person chapters, but the characters are not nearly as strong as Kingsolver's Poisonwood Bible. The housekeeper had a blond braid, but she sounded pretty classic black to me. The ending is more hopeful, but I didn't see much motivation for the hope except Jesus.
Valerie
I liked it, it was not her best work (in my humble opinion) but it was still good. I liked the characters, but just feel that something was missing. Probably the fact that I have read books by this author that were incredible. So probably comparing. Embrace Me Tiger Lillie The Sky Beneath My Feet you should really check out if you like this author.
Dawn Stanton
Jun 28, 2014 Dawn Stanton rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
a story that started with the best of intentions - 4 women learning to forgive, heal, and love God - but was written so ridiculously I couldn't take it seriously.
Shay Freeman
Jan 16, 2016 Shay Freeman rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library
You don't really have a choice, not if you live what you believe and all, that sort of takes some of the pressure off

BEST QUOTE IN BOOK!!!!
Carolyn Tye
May 30, 2016 Carolyn Tye rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Betony
Mar 31, 2011 Betony rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I thought I would really like this book but unfortunately I just couldn't get through it. I found the characters interesting in some ways. However, the way each character would monologue in their particular chapter got really odd for me. Obviously when a chapter is told from a character's perspective in the 1st person, it will be in her words and contain her thoughts. But I felt like I was reading someone's stream of consciousness and that I wanted to snap my fingers in front of Flannery's face ...more
Kelly
Mar 20, 2010 Kelly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: general-fiction

A book about relationships. One relationship is between an elderly mother and her daughhter who have secrets they have kept from each other and how disaster in the daughters life leads to the two living together and learning to see each other for who they really are. There is a back story about lies and the fact that time may pass without the lie being discovered, however lies always come back to make you deal with them. It's a touching story with characters that are realistic and well developed
Shari
May 31, 2014 Shari rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoy Lisa Samson's writing
Pam
Feb 11, 2016 Pam rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lark has lied about her husband dying; when her house burns to the ground, she moves in with her mom, maid and daughter...change happens. Truth comes out.
Shea Kennedy
Although the plot was a tried and true (and a little trite)examination of mother daughter relationships, there were till a few little details that made this book an enjoyable little read. Not life changing, but sweet, it does make you smile at times and can be quite quoatable at others. Worth the read. Leslie, Lark, Flannery and Prisma are all unique and this is the main basis for the book.
Kani
Jun 01, 2008 Kani rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
interesting foray into what might be called christian women's literature. in this book you can pray and love jesus and it's what all the best characters do too. the questions are some all of us face and the characters were sympathetic if a bit two-dimensional. i liked the narrative; taking turns between each major woman character giving a sense of their own voice, thoughts, reactions etc.
Taija
Jul 25, 2010 Taija rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: novels
Every chapter is told from a different female character's perspective: 3 generations of women plus the family's best friend/housekeeper. Interesting to see how each of them knows the others better than the others think. I love the characterization of Prisma and her relationship with Jesus.
Jen Doak
Aug 12, 2012 Jen Doak rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Jen by: Linda Doak
I didn't think I'd like this book but my mom in law sent it so kinda felt i needed to for some reason. It is a shame i lost it by borrowing it out but I wont forget how this book was very down to earth for me.
Marliss
Aug 12, 2012 Marliss rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this character-driven literary fiction book. I found switching to first person for each character in their chapter a little off-putting at first, but I got used to it.
Paula Gilarde
No idea why I picked out this book - I can't remember who recommended it. It's a nice easy read, with religious bent.
Valerie Teeling
Jul 31, 2011 Valerie Teeling rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
uniquely written from the point of view of the women! Lisa Samson's writing is always a wonderful read!
Jan Ackerson
Mar 31, 2008 Jan Ackerson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm sounding like a broken record here, but great characters, and lots of heart.
Lisa
Aug 09, 2011 Lisa rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
just could not get ito this book. keep trying but just not that good
Debbie
Really liked it, great story about mother daughter relationships
Elaine
Jul 23, 2009 Elaine marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Thyrza
Thyrza marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2016
Rita
Rita rated it really liked it
Aug 06, 2016
Katie
Katie rated it it was amazing
Aug 03, 2016
Elysa Mac
Elysa Mac rated it it was amazing
Jul 21, 2016
gail
gail marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2016
  • RV There Yet?: A Women of Faith Fiction Novel
  • Presumed Guilty
  • The Baby Chronicles
  • A Time to Mend
  • Dangerous Depths (The Aloha Reef Series #3)
  • Fury: 1825-1826 (The Great Awakenings #4)
  • Dark Water (Fog Point, #1)
  • A Fine Line (Baxter Series, #5)
  • Nothing But the Right Thing (Spirit and Soul #2)
  • Orchid House
  • Kaleidoscope Eyes (Family Honor #2)
  • Bundle of Joy
  • The Pioneers (American Family Portrait #5)
The Christy-award winning author of nineteen books including the Women of Faith Novel of the Year Quaker Summer, Lisa Samson has been hailed by Publishers Weekly as "a talented novelist who isn't afraid to take risks." She lives in Kentucky with her husband and three kids.
More about Lisa Samson...