Start by marking “How to Shop for a Husband: A Consumer Guide to Getting a Great Buy on a Guy” as Want to Read:
How to Shop for a Husband: A Consumer Guide to Getting a Great Buy on a Guy

How to Shop for a Husband: A Consumer Guide to Getting a Great Buy on a Guy

3.08 of 5 stars 3.08  ·  rating details  ·  24 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Janice Lieberman brings her vast shopping expertise as well as her personal knowledge of the dating marketplace together to tell you how to shop for the most important “purchase” of your life—your spouse. How to Shop for a Husband uses smart shopping principles to formulate rules that will help women select a spouse and “close the deal.” This savvy shopper’s guide provides...more
Published May 12th 2009 by St. Martin's Press (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about How to Shop for a Husband, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How to Shop for a Husband

Mary
I had a difficult time thinking I could bond with this book. For one thing, there was no wait time on the holds list at the library for it (and let me tell you how long some of those hold/wait lists can be!) so I wondered if its lack of popularity among the masses was a sign. But I'm on a mission to read as many (free) books as possible through my library about dating, love, and everything in between, and I'm glad I did not pass this one up! I'll admit too, that I had doubts about a "shopping ex...more
Heather
Okay, I'm admitting it to all of goodreads-- I read a self-help book, this one in particular, and I loved it. Lieberman approaches dating from a modern angle, and one that I could relate to and understand-- the shopping angle. Yes, like many self-help books out there, much of what Lieberman says is common sense, but let's face it: sometimes we need to read it to believe it. I enjoyed her voice and her honesty, and recommend this to single girls, and even those coupled, everywhere.
Carla
My dad recommended this one because he read about it in his Rutger's alumni magazine. It was quite practical and sensible and I enjoyed the light and humorous style. I am especially happy about the checklist it includes, which I need to xerox and keep with me as I date.
John Marr
One you get past the labored shopping metaphors, a not-bad exemplar of its type with much good commonsense advice to the brain dead (who apparently are the target audience for this type of book).
Stacy
In an effort to BE OPEN TO ALL POSSIBILITIES, I picked up this book at the library. Fast and easy read, some info is common sense and some was helpful.
Ally
this is kind of stupid.
i didn't buy it.
my mum did as a hint!!!!
well i will find my man when i am good and ready.
and i dont need this book to do it.
Zoe123
Cute. Compares husband searching to shopping for consumer goods. Some good info.
Michelle
I am only reading this book because I have to for work!!!
Laurie
Laurie marked it as to-read
May 25, 2014
Sonia
Sonia marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2013
Stutee
Stutee marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2013
Anny
Anny marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2013
Alison the Librarian
Alison the Librarian marked it as to-read
Dec 21, 2011
Melissa
Melissa is currently reading it
Sep 28, 2011
Kara
Kara marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2010