Start by marking “How to Shop for a Husband: A Consumer Guide to Getting a Great Buy on a Guy” as Want to Read:
How to Shop for a Husband: A Consumer Guide to Getting a Great Buy on a Guy

How to Shop for a Husband: A Consumer Guide to Getting a Great Buy on a Guy

3.19  ·  Rating Details  ·  27 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
Janice Lieberman brings her vast shopping expertise as well as her personal knowledge of the dating marketplace together to tell you how to shop for the most important "purchase" of your life—your spouse. How to Shop for a Husband uses smart shopping principles to formulate rules that will help women select a spouse and "close the deal." This savvy shopper's guide provides ...more
Published May 12th 2009 by St. Martin's Press (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about How to Shop for a Husband, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How to Shop for a Husband

Mary
Feb 21, 2010 Mary rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: love-and-dating
I had a difficult time thinking I could bond with this book. For one thing, there was no wait time on the holds list at the library for it (and let me tell you how long some of those hold/wait lists can be!) so I wondered if its lack of popularity among the masses was a sign. But I'm on a mission to read as many (free) books as possible through my library about dating, love, and everything in between, and I'm glad I did not pass this one up! I'll admit too, that I had doubts about a "shopping ex ...more
Dina Guardado
Aug 12, 2015 Dina Guardado rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Single ladies
This book has great info about finding a husband.
I also really like the cover illustration.
Heather
Nov 22, 2009 Heather rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Okay, I'm admitting it to all of goodreads-- I read a self-help book, this one in particular, and I loved it. Lieberman approaches dating from a modern angle, and one that I could relate to and understand-- the shopping angle. Yes, like many self-help books out there, much of what Lieberman says is common sense, but let's face it: sometimes we need to read it to believe it. I enjoyed her voice and her honesty, and recommend this to single girls, and even those coupled, everywhere.
Carla
Jul 03, 2009 Carla rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My dad recommended this one because he read about it in his Rutger's alumni magazine. It was quite practical and sensible and I enjoyed the light and humorous style. I am especially happy about the checklist it includes, which I need to xerox and keep with me as I date.
John Marr
One you get past the labored shopping metaphors, a not-bad exemplar of its type with much good commonsense advice to the brain dead (who apparently are the target audience for this type of book).
Stacy
Feb 01, 2011 Stacy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011
In an effort to BE OPEN TO ALL POSSIBILITIES, I picked up this book at the library. Fast and easy read, some info is common sense and some was helpful.
Ally
May 30, 2009 Ally rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit
this is kind of stupid.
i didn't buy it.
my mum did as a hint!!!!
well i will find my man when i am good and ready.
and i dont need this book to do it.
Zoe123
Feb 25, 2010 Zoe123 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute. Compares husband searching to shopping for consumer goods. Some good info.
Michelle
I am only reading this book because I have to for work!!!
Lin
Lin added it
May 21, 2016
Linda
Linda rated it liked it
Feb 22, 2016
Jay
Jay marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2015
Veronica
Veronica marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2015
John
John rated it really liked it
Jan 08, 2015
Aimee
Aimee marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2014
Teresa
Teresa rated it liked it
Jul 16, 2014
Laurie
Laurie marked it as to-read
May 25, 2014
Emily
Emily rated it liked it
Mar 01, 2014
Gretty
Gretty rated it liked it
Sep 13, 2013
Lilla
Lilla rated it it was ok
Jun 28, 2013
Sonia
Sonia marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2013
Stutee
Stutee marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2013
Anny
Anny marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2013
Katie Imholte
Katie Imholte rated it it was amazing
Feb 10, 2013
Sara
Sara rated it it was ok
Sep 07, 2012
Kristina
Kristina rated it really liked it
Aug 21, 2012
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it liked it
Jul 31, 2012
Melissa
Melissa is currently reading it
Sep 28, 2011