Start by marking “The Strangers Outside” as Want to Read:

The Strangers Outside

Two sisters, Jennifer and Louise, return to their remote holiday cabin after a day at the seaside. But little do they know they're being surrounded. Shortly after their arrival, the girls will come face to face with THE STRANGERS OUTSIDE. When the assailants make their intentions known, things take a shockingly terrible turn and an intense battle for survival will begin.
Published September 6th 2010

To ask other readers questions about The Strangers Outside, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Strangers Outside

Susan
Jun 06, 2012 Susan rated it it was amazing
Shelves: finished
The Strangers Outside is a short story, but pack with eerie and creepy action. I really would love to see this in a full length novel but then I would have to read this early during the day and/or with all the lights on. So, if you love a good scare, this is a book for you. Pay attention to the moral of the story, it will start you thinking.....
L.A.
Sep 30, 2010 L.A. rated it really liked it
Article first published as The Strangers Outside by Vanessa Morgan on Blogcritics.

On a beautiful, idyllic day by the Belgian seaside, Jennifer and Louise enjoy their unfettered time together. It is a wonderful weekend, and they are staying at the remote cabin where they used to stay with their parents for years. Wrapping up their conversation prior to making their way to the cabin for the evening, Louise ponders where they will be and what they will be doing a year from now.

Jennifer, never very
ѦѺ™
Dec 03, 2010 ѦѺ™ rated it really liked it
after spending a day at the Belgian seaside, Louise and her younger sister Jennifer head for their remote holiday cottage to spend the summer together. as soon as they arrive, they each encounter their worst nightmares.
the characters' personalities are clearly defined. the differences between the siblings either mask or highlight their similarities and mutual dependency. the strangers' identities and their origins are shrouded in mystery. even the motive for their actions leave much room for the
Donna
Oct 27, 2010 Donna rated it it was ok
Shelves: horror, self-pub
First and foremost, this is a self-published book. The only reason I decided to give it a chance is because the premise sounded halfway decent and it's super short. Twenty-four pages. Yeah, I can sacrifice for that. I've read longer in my writing classes so why not? But don't expect this to be a trend. This was a special exception to my rule.

While it wasn't horrible, it wasn't all that great either. The writing is, for the most part, awkward, the pacing is erratic, the characters aren't very lik
Vicki (The Wolf's Den)
For a horror story, I was surprisingly not put on edge. Okay, so I did jump at a noise behind me while reading it, but I call that being because it was late at night.

We begin with introducing Jennifer and Louise traveling to their 'remote cabin' for a relaxing holiday. The entire first scene is there for the sole purpose of setting up their characteristics. We are told Louise is the elder idealistic of the two, who worries her younger sister won't let herself find happiness. Jennifer is the mope
Misty Baker
Jan 05, 2012 Misty Baker rated it liked it
It has taken me a while to jump on the “short story” band wagon, but at last I have arrived… but probably not for the reasons you would expect. I am still not thrilled about a story being cut down just when I think it is gaining momentum, and I am a huge fan of character development in stories… which, lets face it… is not going to happen in 25 pages. But one thing is clear, (and this is why I’m now a fan) in just a few short pages you can tell whether or not you are going to enjoy an author.

Abou
Nora
Jan 14, 2011 Nora rated it really liked it
By Vanessa Morgan

Jennifer and Louise take a break at their holiday cabin. Being sisters, each one had a different perspective and outlook on themselves as well as life. Louise had confidence in herself as well as her sister, and Jennifer felt she'd never get a boyfriend because she felt she was ugly. Maybe this is the reason why Jennifer went to a physic and Louise didn't. Maybe Jennifer felt she needed to know what the future held for her.( I am coming to my own conclusions
Nov 18, 2010 Jennifer rated it it was ok
The Strangers Outside is a freaky story about two sisters that go on vacation in a remote area. They quickly realize that someone is watching them from the shadows. As the strange shadow people near the cabin, the girls find there is nowhere to run and nowhere to hide.

I found the characters to be a little boring and not very realistic. If your brother or sister was attacked and murdered in front of you, what would you do? This situation presented itself and I was shocked at the lack of emotion d
Martha Cheves
May 19, 2011 Martha Cheves rated it it was amazing

The Strangers Outside – Review by Martha A. Cheves, Author of Stir, Laugh, Repeat

‘After walking quickly along a winding sidewalk toward the outermost building on the left of the complex, the sisters arrived at their holiday cottage. Louise already had her key in hand and quickly unlocked the door, gesturing for Jennifer to go inside first. Before closing the front door behind her, Louise cast another look at the strangers standing outside on the far side of the parking lot. They stood in the sam
Rhiannon Ryder
Oct 31, 2010 Rhiannon Ryder rated it liked it
The Strangers Outside, a short kindle thriller was kindly emailed to me recently by the author Vanessa Morgan. It starts out with two sisters on vacation during off season, on the border of a small town in a fairly isolated cabin. So already you know these girls are in for it, I mean bad choice for a vacation location when you live in a horror story.

Anybody leading out a Boy Scouts camping trip soon? Because this would make for a wicked campfire story. The creepy factor was big and once the act
Meganm922
Apr 22, 2012 Meganm922 rated it liked it
While this is a very short story and quick read, I enjoyed it a lot. It was descriptive and creepy, with scenes like, “But something was wrong. The small town was normally half-abandoned at this time of the year, but now there was no sign of life at all. Everything was still. No people, no lights, no sound. Nothing. The town had gone into complete silence and admitted only the soft sound of the sea.”

It reminded me of a typical horror movie with 2 young girls out in a remote cabin, but it was wel
iamjenai
Nov 07, 2010 iamjenai rated it liked it
The book is scary and creepy, the story will keep you guessing. I like the story and after reading this book, I have decided that I will never go to any remote place for a holiday.This book is currently turned into a movie and I want to see the movie once it comes out.

The book is good, but why 3 stars only? Well that's because this is just a short story. It might have been better if it wasn't so short.

Anyway, I know some people prefer short stories because they can't read hundred-pages of book
Rachel
Apr 10, 2012 Rachel rated it liked it
The Strangers Outside is a great quick read with just 25 pages. I think this is the shortest story I have read.
There is no dragging the story out and it gets right to the point.
I did like the story, I think this could have the potential for a brilliant full length book.

I didn’t get dragged into the book I think this is because apart from knowing the sisters names and that they were unlucky and pessimistic that was all I got from them. As not much real detail went into this story.

If you want a go
Medeia Sharif
Nov 04, 2014 Medeia Sharif rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2014
Two sisters, who bicker because one is perceived as being too bossy, are on holiday. They’re alone in a cabin and they want nothing but out. Some strange hooded figures have been following them around, and now they’re outside the cabin. Will they escape? Will the sisters agree on how to do this? This chilling short story got scarier as I reached the shocking ending.
Jennifer (Bad Bird Reads)
Do to my review policy, this book will have no rating or review. This does not mean this book was bad or good. If you want my opinion on this book, feel free to message me.
Elena Salvatore
Oct 03, 2010 Elena Salvatore rated it it was amazing
This was a really great scary story. It was very short, and very entertaining. I was in suspense the whole time I was reading it. Well written.
Rick F.
Rick F. rated it it was amazing
Oct 14, 2010
Isaac Vargas
Isaac Vargas rated it liked it
Jun 22, 2014
James Jr.
James Jr. rated it it was ok
Nov 14, 2010
Jennifer Zuna
Jennifer Zuna rated it it was amazing
Apr 17, 2012
Eva
Eva rated it really liked it
Aug 06, 2012
Vanessa Morgan
Sep 09, 2010 Vanessa Morgan rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
"Daph Nobody" Oliver Boelens
"Daph Nobody" Oliver Boelens rated it it was amazing
Apr 30, 2012
Glady S
Glady S rated it really liked it
Nov 06, 2014
Olivia
Feb 21, 2011 Olivia rated it liked it
Scary stuff!
E.J. Stevens
E.J. Stevens marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2010
Kelly/yllektra
Kelly/yllektra marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2010
Sharon
Sharon added it
Oct 11, 2010
Regina Hunter
Regina Hunter marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2010
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2010
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2010
Michelle  novelsontherun
Michelle novelsontherun marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2010
Kathy
Kathy marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2010
Ingrid Jorgensen
Ingrid Jorgensen marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2010
Kate
Kate marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2011
Rayne
Rayne marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2011
Edward Hamell
Edward Hamell marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2011
Sarah marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2011
Anj
Anj marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2011
Erica
Erica marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2011
 Bella Marie
Bella Marie marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2011
Vone Savan
Vone Savan marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2011
Guadalupe
Guadalupe marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2011
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2011
Read Phoenix
Read Phoenix marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2011
Laura marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2011
Jamaie
Jamaie marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2011
Vanessa Morgan is an author, screenwriter, and blogger. Two of her works, The Strangers Outside and A Good Man, have been turned into films. Her short film script Next to Her is currently in pre-production. When she's not working on her latest book, you can find her reading, watching horror movies, digging through flea markets, or photographing felines for her blog Traveling Cats.

"Vanessa Morgan
More about Vanessa Morgan...