Game, Set, Match (Love Match, #1)
read excerpt

Game, Set, Match (Love Match #1)

3.54 of 5 stars 3.54  ·  rating details  ·  1,643 ratings  ·  169 reviews
Off the court, tennis star Jason Cartwright's playboy image is taking a public beating. On the court, he's down forty-love. A knee injury is shutting down his game, and the paparazzi are splashing his love life on every magazine. A comeback is in order, but the makeover he needs to save his faltering career is in the hands of the woman he loved and left fifteen years ago....more
Paperback, 1st edition, 354 pages
Published September 10th 2010 by Wild Rose Press (first published August 12th 2010)

Game, Set, Match by Nana MaloneKiss of Ice by Lavender ParkerSexy in Stilettos by Nana MaloneTi Amo by Sienna MynxThe Grunt by Latrivia S. Nelson
New Interracial BW/WM Romance
1st out of 169 books — 61 voters
Beast by Pepper PaceThe Grunt by Latrivia S. NelsonLove Script by Tiffany AshleyHer Russian Billionaire by Theodora TaylorDmitry's Closet by Latrivia S. Nelson
Best Interracial Reads
40th out of 375 books — 261 voters

More lists with this book...

Delaine
NICE.
I've been wanting a romance novel with an interracial couple, and this was just perfect. Don't ask me why I've been searching for one... well, go ahead. It' the simple fact that I like white men, while I myself am mocha ;P. I guess I feel that if I can read a novel with a couple such as this and it turns out to be completely awesome, then there's hope for me yet!
Wonderful job, Nana.
A.J. Harmon
I wanted to love this book. I was so excited to read about romance and tennis, but I felt the writing was just crude for the sake of being crude. After the male masturbation page it just continued downhill. I want to feel happy after reading a romance novel, not like I need to take a shower.
Savannah- Quad Motherin' Book Readin' Diva
Ever read a book where you aren't all that sure you even WANT the heroine to have a happily ever after? Well, this is one of those for me.

Izzy has a lot of truly admirable qualities. She's also got a lot of truly annoying ones that would have me cursing her out if I was in her inner circle. I think the author was trying to convey some realities in terms of racism in current society, but honestly I think some of it came off as the lead being oversensitive and making snap judgements about the hero...more
Morgan Sanchez
I really enjoyed how this book was very different from most of the others out right now. Of course it had the things that make every book a good read... Sex, love, and drama, but I loved the fact that Nana Malone touched on the subject of interracial relationships and how some people are still so judge mental and ignorant about others. There were some parts of the story that were very predictable, but overall the book was well written and so funny. I loved how strong and independent Izzy was and...more
Syl
The sex scenes pretty much ruined this book for me. Considering how much I liked the characters and the story, it would have been a much stronger novel without the constant & overbearing sexual overtones. Luckily, not reading the stupid sex scenes doesn't affect the plot.
Suzanne
Ugh. Wanted it to be great, neat plot idea and characters but you can see everything coming five chapters ahead and really this does not need to be 50 shades of tennis...
LynnMarie
Lena’s Review

Izzy Connors is a woman no one forgets, not even if they’re drunk. This is something that tennis star Jason Cartwright knows for a fact. He’s dated many women since he became a star but none have compared like Izzy. He knows what he did years ago was a stupid move to just leave her. Now he has a chance to get his woman back but there is a problem. Paparrazi are everywhere and won’t leave him alone to court her. He doesn’t know what happened to Izzy but the photographer is nothing l...more
DK
A more accurate rating for how I felt about this book would be 2.5. In keeping with the rules of mathematics, I rounded up.

I started out liking it but quickly became distracted and irritated by the contrived/forged prose, the repetitive phrases, and the grammar deficiencies, which weren't dire and centered mainly on when to hyphenate words and use commas. There were a few instances when she seemed to lose track of what her characters were doing, i.e, sitting and/or standing. There was way more t...more
Rosie Read
Fully getting into Wimbledon fever, even reading tennis themed books! Unfortunately though I don't think Game, Set, Match was for me.

Something which isn't explored in the synopsis of the novel is Izzy's custody and adoption battle over her son Nick, who is actually the biological son of her friend, Sabrina. This side plot to the main romance comes across as the main plot of the novel and I can't understand why it is so blatantly left out of the synopsis.

While I understand that romance novels n...more
ARe Cafe
Game, Set, Match by Nana Malone is the perfect example of a plot done well. This contemporary, interracial romance features a photographer and a tennis star. It intricately weaves in and out of present and past events with subplots that connect into a cohesive and riveting story. The many layers of the plot kept the story entertaining to the very end. The characters were also complex and credible and their personalities are well thought out, which further brought them to life. I loved that despi...more
Jo
Steph McVicker
What a terrific book! The chemistry between Izzy and Jason was palpable from the moment they laid eyes on one another again, and their yummy love scenes are totally delicious! In the opposite sense, the non-chemistry between Izzy and Simon showed just how much she and Jason belonged together. Izzy's foster son Nick is a great character, dealing with the teenage angsty things like a pro. Not only does he have to defend bigots against his black mother raising a white young man, but also he must de...more
Rewa
Izzy was reliable mother to a son who wasn't hers, but in his eyes she was his mom. His biological mother was a drug addict who constantly showed up thru out the years just to bring trouble in the door and leave. Enter Jason Cartwright. Star tennis player, well known playboy but Izzy and him share more than a college past. Find out what happens in this great book by Nana Malone.
Claire
Great book, I enjoyed reading this, started off a bit slow but got into it the more I read. Love how Jason and Izzy have it out and tell each other how they feel and what theyre thinking instead of avoiding it. Great characters, especially Jessica, Izzy's assistant. I would recommend this to anyone who loves to read rom-coms :)
Shameka
This book was just ok. The characters didn't really have any depth which prevented me from being drawn into their story. Most of the plot lines were predictable and I honestly found the writing style to be a bit juvenile. It is a quick read though and fans of light contemporary romances might find this story enjoyable.
TJ
Crazy, twisted, wicked good! The typically story of young lovers torn apart and fate bringing them back together. However the added twists made the story more interesting. A different take of crossed lovers but like most relationships their main problem is communication. Great plot, great characters, and a happy ending. Yay!
A
I really enjoyed reading this book. Izzy, a photographer making a name for herself, runs into her old college love, Jason, at a photo shot. Emotions are bound to erupt again between them but add into that doubts, secrets, and pride that may threaten their already fragile relationship.
Luna Raven
Really 3 1/2 stars, despite the story getting tripped up by a few silly cliches, this a quick read and if you like it steamy, you will enjoy this one! I appreciated that as it is rare to find books that have a good coupling of BWWM, though that is changing!

The story is decent, it showcases really well how the things that get in the way of love can get overwhelming fast. The only complaint I really had was that it was a bit over the top (I know teenagers and don't know a single one who would even...more
Dayna R
I really enjoyed this story... I absolutely love Jason, and hate Simon!!! Wish there was a little more to the ending with Jason finally being known as the father and his relationship with Nick. Well written and captured my attention right away.
Kimm
This was a very good book. I usually read books on vampires and zombies. Put this book wasn't one of my usual and I enjoyed it a lot. It's funny, steamy and a lot of drama. I would give it more than 5-stars.
Jemeka Edwards
Great story! I came across this book by accident, so glad that I did! Wonderfully written and the characters are awesome! I'm looking forward to reading other works from Nana Malone. :-)
Becka
In this book:

* Single moms
* Tennis
* The cost of celebrity
* Photography
* Interestingly dyed hair
* Interracial drama
* Interesting view of the court system/foster care
Anusha
I really liked how Nate didn't want to live with Jason and he didn't just jump onto the fact that his biological father is a professional tennis player.
Shadow
Solid

As an introduction to the author, this was a good piece. Solid story, good pacing, likable characters and a happily ever after. It is a little cookie cutter as far as romance novels go these days, but still written well enough to ignore that. It is predictable. You're not going to be propelled from page to page just dying to know what happens next, but not every book can do that. It's funny enough, but you're not moving from joke to joke and I had to really think on the story to come up wit...more
Sheila Lord
I really enjoyed this book... I found it to be a happy fun read about old flames and happiness
Lindsay
This book gave me a book hangover - I loved it!
Hez
Funny. Sweet. Touching. A great read.
Melissa
I came across Game, Set, Match by Nana Malone while searching for ebooks on Amazon. I downloaded this free for Kindle for PC. Due to the fact that I had it on my old computer, it took me much longer than I had thought to complete.

Game, Set, Match follows Izzy Conner's, a professional photographer who is raising her teenage foster son Nick. Chaos ensues when two people from Izzy's past come out of the wood work. Sabrina: Nick's biological mother and addict. And Jason: Izzy's former college love...more
Misty
Secrets and lies threaten to keep old flames a part in this sexy contemporary romance by Nana Malone.

Photographer Izzy Connors and tennis star Jason Cartwright are both running from their pasts. When Izzy is hired to photograph Jason for Sports Illustrated, however, they can’t escape the mistakes of their youth or the pretend they don’t still feel something for each other. The resulting story takes the reader on a rollercoaster ride with witty dialogue, scorching love scenes and a couple of bru...more
Is the era of the sports hero dead? 3 14 Apr 22, 2013 07:04PM
  • What Stays in Vegas
  • Taming the Scotsman
  • Reconstructing Jada Channing
  • Got a Hold on You
  • To Catch a Bad Guy (Janet Maple #1)
  • Love Script
  • Accidentally Yours
  • The Owner of His Heart (50 Loving States #1)
  • Juicy
  • Roommate Wanted (Sharing Space, #1)
  • The Grunt
  • Fallen
  • The Masseuse
  • Thierry's Angel (Chevalier Men #1)
  • The Mogul’s Reluctant Bride
  • Champagne and Lemon Drops (Blueberry Springs #1)
  • A Night to Remember
  • When You Come To Me
Nana's love of all things romance and adventure started with a tattered romantic suspense she borrowed from her cousin. It was a sultry summer afternoon in Ghana, and Nana was a precocious thirteen. She's been in love with kick butt heroines ever since. With her overactive imagination, and channeling her inner Buffy, it was only a matter a time before she started creating her own characters.

Waitin...more
More about Nana Malone...
Sexy in Stilettos (In Stilettos, #1) Reluctant Protector (Protectors, #1) Sultry in Stilettos (In Stilettos, #2) Sassy in Stilettos (In Stilettos, #3) London Bound (Chase Brothers, #1)