Start by marking “It's No Secret: Revealing Divine Truths Every Woman Should Know” as Want to Read:
It's No Secret: Revealing Divine Truths Every Woman Should Know

It's No Secret: Revealing Divine Truths Every Woman Should Know

Are you tired of life as usual? Ready to trade your issues and hang-ups for a life of greater intimacy and fulfillment? Then it's time you do some digging for biblical "bling" with Rachel Olsen, and discover the secrets to life in God's kingdom. Rachel's writing is lighthearted, but she's serious about helping you uncover biblical secrets that will make your life shine. Th ...more
Kindle Edition
Published (first published September 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about It's No Secret, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about It's No Secret

Iris
Apr 14, 2012 Iris rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this devotional! It was short, so I finished in about a week and a half. I will be reading this again! I loved how this devotional has a Bible study for each day. I was able to relate with so many of the experiences Rachel Olsen shares with us. This devotional was inspiring, encouraging and helps to grow your spiritual maturity. It is a great devotional for any stage of Christian, and even for the non-Christian. It is definitely a devotional I will be recommending to my friends.
Sunflower
Coffee.

Chocolate.

Your closest friends.

This is a great bible study to work alone, but if you are looking for that next bible study for your ladies group, this is it.

What I like about this is that it addresses everyday topics that as women and as followers of Christ, we continually encounter such as issues of competition, true versus false humilty, gossip, just finding times, among the many topics that are touched and are daily struggles for a Sister of Christ.

Chapters are brief, with study questi
Aug 31, 2010 Laura rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Title: IT’S NO SECRET
Author: Rachel Olsen
Publisher: David C. Cook
September 2010
ISBN: 978-1-4347-6537-6
Genre: Nonfiction/Christian living/women’s issues

Are you tired of life as usual?

Rachel Olsen likes bling. She likes it even better when it looks like the real thing, but it’s a counterfeit. And the bigger, the glitterier, the better. Now Ms. Olsen wants to introduce us to biblical bling—and help us get past feeling exhausted or bored with our religion, and help us to find fulfillment and greater
Julia Reffner
Sep 23, 2010 Julia Reffner rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
Rating 3.5

I have read books by Lysa TerKeurst and subscribed to the Proverbs 31 devotional, so when this book by a P31 speaker came up for FIRST I signed up. I also had the opportunity to hear Rachel speak in my hometown just last weekend.

I enjoyed this book, it was a fun read. That being said, I didn’t find the secrets shared to be profound. However, I definitely did find areas the Lord showed me for further application. My favorite sections were on humility and sacrifice. And I believe perfec
Heather
Aug 12, 2012 Heather rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. It was written in a light-hearted manner and in a way I could relate to. I could really relate to many of the topics that were discussed - rest, leaning on friends, forgiveness, focus on what is important - she provided topics that all women face, provided scripture to get you into your bible and grow within yourself. At the end of each chapter the author provides a bible study with questions relating to the chapter. In most chapters I really liked this, pushed me to ...more
Theresa
Sep 24, 2010 Theresa rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Theresa by: FIRST
I really enjoyed Rachel Olsen's writing style. It's engaging and makes you feel like she's having a personal conversation with you. A nice "girl talk" type of conversation. This book is very readable and easy to understand.

Doctrinally, though, I had problems. The doctrine I was taught was different than the way it is taught here. For example, Ms. Olsen states WE are the Bride of Christ. I was taught that the Bride in Revelation is the city and that Israel is the Bride. That's quite a difference.
Wyndy
Sep 28, 2010 Wyndy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rachel Olsen has written an encouraging book about developing a deeper relationship with God. Adding real bling to a woman's Christian walk by digging deeper to overcome boredom and inertia with the current acceptable type of walk. This is written in a lighthearted chatty girlfriend style but contains amazing depth in the 13 lessons or secrets. Each lesson is followed by a bible study that reinforces the secret and makes the reader really think.

Thank you to David C Cook Publishing house for a co
Roxanne
May 11, 2012 Roxanne rated it it was amazing
This book was enjoyable and challenging! The author reveals in each chapter truths that are applicable for women of all ages and in all stages of life. I was challenged to keep the focus of my life on the gospel of Christ and to remember daily not only His promises for me personally, but His purpose for me and every believer to reach out to others with His message. This book would make a marvelous small group study, as there are questions and additional scriptures to review. Definitely, I have i ...more
Joanna
Mar 15, 2013 Joanna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am giving this book 4 stars. I really enjoyed her fun bible study. I don't know Rachel but I felt her personality and her love for Christ while doing this study. While it was fun and cute, it also brought up many topics that I haven't really been focusing on. I am now changing things in my life. If you are looking to add more to your daily reading, I recommend this book. I look forward to reading more of Rachel Olsen's books.
Tanya
Apr 04, 2012 Tanya rated it liked it
Wonderful reading on its own but would be a terrific foundation for a women's bible study as it's chock full of scripture lookups ... insightful, meaningful words of wisdom that we all need to remember and carry around within us on this walk of life. Some parts were written almost too flippant for me but overall, an honest guide of divine truths.
Heather
Apr 13, 2011 Heather rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rachel Olsen shares "divine truths" that apply to our daily lives. It's nothing earth shattering or surprising, but I think it's definitely good to be reminded, and at times, I was really touched by her points.
Meg
Apr 16, 2012 Meg rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was a little conservative for my tastes, & I really am not a fan of The Message "translation" of the Bible, which the author cites frequently; however, I found the book comforting, in a sense, & uplifting.
Candace
Aug 08, 2012 Candace rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful book that works well as a daily or weekly devotional. I read it on my Nook but think I would prefer to have it in "paper" form so that I can highlight and write notes in it, so I'll be buying a copy and reading it again soon!
Diane U
May 02, 2012 Diane U rated it it was amazing
An interesting read that is written in a very clear and casual tone. Rachel is hysterical and is wonderful at relating things to current day!
Mandy J. Hoffman
Nov 24, 2010 Mandy J. Hoffman rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: blog-reviews
MY REVIEW:

The cover is the first thing that caught my attention with this book. The steamy hot drinks and cozy scene made me want to jump in and settle down with this book in hand! But the cover is only the start.

Rachel Olsen warmed my heart with her casual we-are-best-friends style of writing. She dug into deep Biblical truth in such a relaxed feel that it was not work to read, but relaxing and refreshing. The "secrets" she shares are just the bling I needed to add sparkle to my day and my walk
Tiffany Arnold
Tiffany Arnold rated it it was amazing
Aug 19, 2012
Stacy Yates droski
Stacy Yates droski rated it really liked it
Jan 02, 2014
Jennifer Drury
Jennifer Drury rated it liked it
Oct 13, 2016
Torie
Torie rated it it was amazing
Sep 30, 2014
Shannon
Shannon rated it really liked it
Oct 17, 2014
Tena
Tena rated it liked it
Dec 13, 2016
Melissa
Melissa rated it it was amazing
Mar 18, 2015
Jenifer Metzger
Jenifer Metzger rated it liked it
Oct 25, 2016
Taryn
Taryn rated it liked it
Jan 13, 2012
Kathryn
Kathryn rated it it was ok
Apr 03, 2012
Janet McRae
Janet McRae rated it really liked it
Jun 23, 2015
Shonda Knowlton
Shonda Knowlton rated it liked it
Aug 04, 2015
Stephanie Floyd
Stephanie Floyd rated it really liked it
Dec 29, 2014
Charlotte
Charlotte rated it really liked it
Jul 14, 2011
Karin Jones
Karin Jones rated it really liked it
May 03, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • A Cup of Comfort Women of the Bible Devotional: Daily Reflections Inspired by Scripture's Most Beloved Heroines
  • Ten Lies the Church Tells Women: How the Bible Has Been Misused to Keep Women in Spiritual Bondage
  • Opening the Door to Your God-Sized Dream: 40 Days of Encouragement for Your Heart
  • When You Can't Find God
  • I Have Loved You: Getting to Know the Father's Heart
  • Breaking Pride
  • Glorious Mess: Encountering God's Relentless Grace for Imperfect People
  • God Knows My Name: Never Forgotten, Forever Loved
  • Your Beautiful Purpose: Discovering and Enjoying What God Can Do Through You
  • Storylines: Your Map to Understanding the Bible
  • God, Me, and Sweet Iced Tea: Experiencing God in the Midst of Everyday Moments
  • Handle with Prayer: Unwrap the Source of God's Strength for Living
  • A Woman's Guide to Reading the Bible in a Year: A Life-Changing Journey Into the Heart of God
  • Holy Habits: A Woman's Guide to Intentional Living
  • Named By God: Overcoming Your Past, Transforming Your Present, Embracing Your Future
  • Sifted: God's Scandalous Response to Satan's Outrageous Demand
  • All I Need Is Jesus & a Good Pair of Jeans: The Tired Supergirl's Search for Grace
  • Let. It. Go.: How to Stop Running the Show and Start Walking in Faith
I am a life-long avid reader I've also been writing ever since I declared my major as journalism, and joined the school newspaper in undergrad.

I hold a master's degree in communication. And I teach communication, creativity and innovation courses at the University of North Carolina in Wilmington.

When I was 21, I discovered who Christ was. Shortly after, I discovered a small Christian bookstore aro
More about Rachel Olsen...

“When I stop trying to create a life for myself, I find the life God creates for me. When I cease trying to make a name for myself—competing, grasping, pushing my way to the top—His name emerges through the actions of my life.” 3 likes
“What is the most valuable thing on earth? It’s not the Hope Diamond, or the National Treasury. It’s not a Picasso collection, or the Microsoft fortune. It is the wisdom of God, seen in the pages of your Bible. You’ve had access to it all along.” 2 likes