Start by marking “The Great Plan of Happiness [With Poster]” as Want to Read:
The Great Plan of Happiness [With Poster]

The Great Plan of Happiness [With Poster]

Author of the popular Who's Your Hero? series, David Bowman once again brings us his delightful drawings in his new book, The Great Plan of Happiness. Children of all ages will enjoy the full-color, fun illustrations as they learn about the importance of the plan of salvation. Parents will love how simply it explains to children where they came from, why they're here on ...more
Published September 8th 2010 by CFI

To ask other readers questions about The Great Plan of Happiness [With Poster], please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Great Plan of Happiness [With Poster]

Kendra
Oct 08, 2010 Kendra rated it it was amazing
I received this book from a Goodreads giveaway, and I loved it! My 8-year-old daughter actually grabbed it first and began looking at it right away. She pointed out the two main characters in the pre-mortal life FHE group and said, "Look, mom, it's you and dad!" The illustrations are wonderful and very detailed. My favorites are the picture of the boy with the CTR shirt, the baptism "sploosh" and the couple's dating and growing old pages. (My 6-year-old loved all the babies!)

I think the message
Michelle
We received this book as a gift. I generally do not care for books that turn the scriptues, etc. into cartoons (tasteful drawings, pictures, etc., I'm fine with), hence the low rating. I find this style, so common in LDS children's literature today, irreverent and I think there are more appropriate ways to engage children's interests while teaching gospel principles.

To the author's credit, however, it was very well written. It explained the Plan of Salvation respectfully and clearly in a way tha
Dale Offret
Nov 30, 2010 Dale Offret rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Dale by: Erin
I love this book. My children immediately identified with the level of the book. It better explained complex religious concepts that I had problems simplifying for my children. It also came with a fold out wall poster that has the whole Great Plan of Happiness on the wall. Great for Family Home Evening. I shared this with a co-worker. I still have yet to find his opinion.
Heidi
Sep 13, 2010 Heidi rated it it was amazing
My 8 year old son LOVES all of the Who's Your Hero books by this author and I just saw this (I'm assumming new) one. They aren't cheap paperback books, but they are well worth the money for the lessons they teach. This is actually a hardback book and it is beautifully written. My kids love the illustrations in these books too!
Mánon
Sep 08, 2011 Mánon rated it it was amazing
This is an excellent book for kids. Great pictures and simple but indepth details of where we came from, why we're here, and what happens after we die. Love it! And my little Scooter loves it too!
Samantha
Feb 28, 2011 Samantha rated it it was amazing
It taught me and my little brother a lot. We learned about the great plan of happiness and how we can return to Heavenly Father. We did have spirits and then we went into a tiny baby body.
Kaylene
Kaylene rated it really liked it
Jan 14, 2014
Cedar Fort
Cedar Fort rated it it was amazing
Sep 09, 2010
Colette
Colette rated it it was amazing
Jul 21, 2015
Jenny Galbraith
Jenny Galbraith rated it it was amazing
Sep 04, 2013
David Bowman
Oct 15, 2012 David Bowman rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Amy
Amy rated it it was amazing
Dec 23, 2015
Lauae
Lauae rated it it was amazing
Jan 03, 2016
Angie Erickson
Angie Erickson rated it it was amazing
Sep 16, 2010
Cherylann
Cherylann rated it it was amazing
Mar 18, 2011
Trulie
Trulie rated it it was amazing
May 27, 2014
Melonie Packer
Melonie Packer rated it it was amazing
Mar 11, 2014
Kim
Kim rated it it was amazing
Jun 01, 2016
mitzi
mitzi rated it it was amazing
Aug 23, 2011
Kelly Marcu
Kelly Marcu rated it it was amazing
Apr 14, 2014
Leta-Kaye
Leta-Kaye rated it it was amazing
Jun 18, 2015
Amy
Amy rated it it was amazing
Mar 11, 2013
Stephani
Dec 19, 2010 Stephani rated it it was amazing
We really enjoyed this book! Great for my children (ages 7 & 9).
Jared
Jared rated it really liked it
Dec 01, 2013
Megan
Megan rated it it was amazing
Feb 22, 2013
Antoinette
Antoinette rated it really liked it
Apr 15, 2013
Sheridan
Sheridan rated it it was amazing
Mar 11, 2013
Christina
Christina rated it it was amazing
Aug 26, 2011
Sarah rated it it was amazing
Sep 24, 2012
Becky
Becky rated it it was amazing
Feb 21, 2011

As a Christian and as a patriot, David Bowman glorifies his Savior and his nation through his fine art, his
books, and his motivational speaking.

His "Expressions of Christ" series is unlike any other Fine art depictions of Jesus available. His intimate,
up-close portrayals show Jesus in a variety of "real emotional expressions". Whether it is a tender,
compassionate embrace (Security) or playful laug
More about David Bowman...