Start by marking “Hard Evidence (I-Team #2)” as Want to Read:
Hard Evidence (I-Team #2)

Hard Evidence (I-Team #2)

4.19  ·  Rating Details ·  8,442 Ratings  ·  584 Reviews
After the murder of a teenage girl, a mysterious man in a black leather jacket was seen lurking near the crime scene. Investigative reporter Tessa Novak has him in her sights as the culprit...

That man was Julian Darcangelo, an undercover FBI agent working with the Denver police. He's closing in on the trail of a human trafficker and killer. Tessa's accusations could blow h
Published October 3rd 2006 by Berkley Sensation (first published June 1st 2006)

Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~*
Feb 22, 2011 Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Any Romance Lover, Especially of Great and HOT Romantic Suspense
Recommended to Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* by: Dhestiny and Zosia

There has been a recent spate of 5-Star reviews of Pamela Clare’s I-Team series at Goodreads. As a result, an investigation was launched into the allegations of how amazing this series is.

My initial investigation into the engrossing and thought-provoking Extreme Exposure has made this investigator think that there is indeed some validity to these claims. In an attempt to obtain corroborative evidence and ensure a more thorough analysis, I jump
Lady Vigilante (Feifei)
4 stars!

Continuing on with my re-read of this series! :D I adored the first book which I thought was pretty suspenseful, but I keep forgetting that with each new book in the series, the author takes the suspense up a notch so plot-wise this was even better than Extreme Exposure! And then there’s the fact that the author has created this irresistible, protective hero Julian that I couldn’t help but swoon over...

"I’m half Italian."
"Which half?" the words were out before Tessa could stop them. Was
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

Hard Evidence is book 2 in the suspense filled I-Team series. This story focuses on one of the most horrific crimes imaginable – the buying and selling of human beings. It is something that I find so abhorrent, and how anyone can look into the face of an innocent child and think that it’s ok to force them into a life of prostitution or worse... is beyond my ability to comprehend. It takes a truly evil person to be capable of such atrocities, and I’ve no doubt that there’s a special place in hell
5 stars – Romantic Suspense

This is a very intelligent, well-crafted, intense, smokin’ hot, edge-of-your seat romantic suspense thriller!

Tessa Novak is an investigative reporter who embarks on a crusade of justice after personally witnessing a brutal drive-by shooting of a teenage girl at a convenient store. It’s not long before her investigation and naïve journalistic ideals put her in danger, from both the mafia crime syndicate behind the murder and the attraction she feels for sexy, cynical, h
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja)
Hard Evidence was an excellent book. It quenched my thirst for good romantic suspense, that's not just about a hot hero and a cute, likable heroine scratching an itch while dodging bullets, and ultimately falling in love. No, there's nothing wrong with that. But it's great to read something that goes deeper and touches on issues that are real and meaningful in the world today while I get my high octane romance fix.

Julian is a man who has spent most of his life in the dark. He started out with a
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
May 23, 2011 Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Romantic Suspense fans
Recommended to Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) by: Rhonda

View my review at Under the Covers

There's this love/hate relationship with me and Ms. Clare’s heroines. Sometimes, I'm green with envy because they have to deal with the most amazing guys. Sometimes, I'm mad because they can be soooo persistent and driven in their work that they forget that their safety is in danger. There are times when they cause more trouble than solve problems. But at the same time, I admire their courage and strength. Whatever the case may be, the reason wh
Apr 10, 2008 Auntee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Romantic Suspense fans
Opening Line: “Coffee was Tessa Novak’s heroin.”

Oh this was just so good, and once again I have to thank everyone who kept recommending this series to me, I’m just sorry now I waited so long to start it. And Pamela Clare thanks for writing yet another amazing book, it seems that you can do no wrong, as this was a superbly written, exciting, intelligent, intriguing, suspenseful and oh so sexy story. And holy hell with the heroes; these men of yours just keep getting yummier.

Hard evidence was unpu
Ever read a book and felt like you just wanted to turn around and start it all over again?!! This is definitely one of those books: I didn't JUST want to read the "good passages" again ... I wanted the whole darn experience of discovering Julian and Tessa's love affair all over again. Unfortunately, that's never possible, but maybe if I can tuck it away for a good long time and resist picking it up, it will definitely be one that I'll savor yet again!

It's always hard for me to write my 5+++ sta
Mar 28, 2011 Kathleen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What an amazing, awesome, fantastic, phenomenal book. I absolutely loved it!

I have been wanting to read a Pamela Clare suspense book for some time and I'm glad I finally took the plunge.

The story was extremely good and kept me interested from page one. The ending was so heart wrenching in a happy way that I had tears of joy.

I loved both Julian and Tessa, they were both great characters. The sexual tension in the first half of the book is very high and when they finally hit the sheets SSSSSSSSSSS
Is it my imagination or do the heroes in Pamela Clare’s novels just get hotter and hotter with each subsequent book? If so, I can’t wait to get to Unlawful Contact.

Hard Evidence was a fun book to read. Interesting choice of words since the subject matter was anything but fun. Hard Evidence is the story of an investigative reporter and the world of human trafficking. Tessa Novak is a tenacious reporter, often following leads that lead her into harm’s way. She witnesses a murder and sees a dark st
Beanbag Love
This started out okay, but by the third or fourth chapter it was clear the heroine was TSTL and every reason I hate journalists as main protagonists. She got in the way of everything, refusing to listen and jeopardizing all the people the investigation was hoping to save in the end. And somehow her mantra of 'I'm a journalist, I have a responsibility to tell the truth! I'm trying to save people by outing your entire investigation on the front page!" is not only accepted, but admired by character ...more
Julie (jjmachshev)
Jan 14, 2009 Julie (jjmachshev) rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2009-reads
Well. Yet another author for my 'must buy' list thanks to all my buds on Pamela Clare blew me away with this tightly plotted romantic suspense novel that will get your pulse rate moving in more ways than one.

Investigative reporter Tessa has always fought for the underdog. And when she sees a young teen blown away literally before her eyes, she decides to do what she does best...investigate. Before long she's hip deep in danger and lust with undercover agent Julian. But when Julian
Second read 5/28/12

Tessa worked my last nerve a bit this time through. I mean how many time did Julian have to tell her that Alexi was a sadistic SOB that took pleasure in the torturing of girls???? I mean come on WAKE UP cupcake!

But push all that aside and this is an amazing story written by a truly gifted story teller!

First Read 2/19/10-2/22/10

Pamela Clare has managed to out do herself with the second book in the I-Team series!

I can certainly see where everyone gets their love for Julian. I
5++ Stars - It has been awhile since I read this book, but loving the talent of its author and following her recent updates, I wanted to add my thoughts.

Another great story by Pamela Clare with the perfect balance of romance and suspense. I would give this a 10 if the ratings went that high! This book captured me, held me and wouldn't let go until the last page was read. And yes, I know I'm being redundant when I say that Pamela Clare has an amazing talent that when added to her intelligence, he
Aug 23, 2016 Jonetta rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tessa Novak is an I-Team reporter with Denver Independence covering the cop desk. On her way home from work, she stops at a convenience store and becomes a witness to a murder of a young girl, moments after she pleaded for help. Tessa is determined to use her position to help find and expose the girls killer, even if it runs afoul of police efforts. Julian Decarangelo is an undercover federal agent who has been working the territory that involved the murdered young girl.

It doesn't take long for
4.5 Stars

So this is my second novel by Pamela clare. And so far Im so thrilled that i had finally got down to this series.

You must wonder why i gave this book a 4.5 star? Well,I got into the story so much that i felt sort of personal with the heroine here.

To point out the good and the bad of the story (IMO) i will say what worked for me and not.

- For starters, let me just say that Pamela`s writing is in one word incredible. She morphs from creative,to lush, to gut wrenching all at the same ti
♥  Sam ♥ ~S2~Im made of awesomness
Aug 28, 2011 ♥ Sam ♥ ~S2~Im made of awesomness rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to ♥ Sam ♥ ~S2~Im made of awesomness by: Elena R a.k.a Lunies R and Rhonda

HARD EVIDENCE – the second in the I-Team series. What can I say * pauses to wipe drool from chin* - where was I? Oh, that’s right I was going to start describing how hot this book was. I couldn’t put this sucker down! I was pulled into the whirlpool that is I-Team.

So, Tessa Novak is a cop reporter for the I-Team which in lamens terms is the Denver Independent newspaper. Tessa ends up being at the wrong place at the wrong time and becomes eye witness to a murder of a young girl. While being quest
Jul 24, 2016 Kathrynn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Romantic Suspense Fans
Recommended to Kathrynn by: Auntee
Re-Read August 25, 2013:

This book is still one of my favorites. I loved reading about Tessa and Julian (Dark Angel). Julian was fast loosing his soul to the darkness of his work. Years of blending in with the horrific would of sex trafficking, his horrible childhood that ultimately led him to his career...darkness.

Tessa was his light. How she got thru his defenses. Her gentleness and strength helped guide him back to the light.

Still my favorite couple! Nicely written. I love how Pamela weaves a
Relentless, successful reporter covering the Denver police beat.

Wide-eyed, oblivious, self-absorbed innocent.

That could work if the two fall in love through the excitement of a fast-paced, action-packed plot.

But actually, both descriptions are of the same character, Tessa, an investigative reporter without a clue about vice in her city, despite supposedly being an experienced reporter assigned to the police beat. After witnessing a drive by, she stubbornly tries to find out who is responsible,
Taryn at My Secret Romance

I am just loving these books! Definitely makes my top 5 favorite series!

These stories are a perfect combination of suspense and romance. We all know how I love my romance books, but this is done just right. Not too much, not too little. Great storyline too with the human trafficking. I just wish all the kids in the world could be saved from that. It's a sad but true reality.

Julian aka Dark Angel, how appropriate. He is yummy! I really enjoyed Tessa's character. S
Lady Heather
Jul 22, 2013 Lady Heather rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Pamela Clare fans, contemporay romance, suspense-thriller
First read March 8-11, 2011

What can I say...Loved it!
Was on the edge of my seat at the end! Julian and Tessa are amazing and their amazing together(once they get through all their layers).
Can't wait to read book in the I-Team series!

Second read July 15-16, 2013

LOVED, LOVED this book the second time around!

What can I say... Julian is PERFECT!
.. and Tessa is one of my favorite female characters in the whole I-Team series (right up there with Kara).

I loved the writing, characters, and story even mo
Mar 17, 2015 Sabrina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nail-biting
Im really REALLY digging this series!! The suspense, the police-drama, the journalist perspective of things, the lust, the sex....its a pretty package rolled into one.

The more I read, the more I want to be a investigative journalist...or a senator or a police detective! Or just plain have my soul-mate be one of Pamela Clare's alpha males. DAMMIT! On to my next love-affair!
Apr 21, 2015 Whitney rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2015, contemp
I loved this book, for the most part. The only thing that rubbed me wrong was Tessa's stupid decisions regarding her safety. She's suppose to be smarter than that. Overall, it was a good book.
Another intense and gripping story in the I-Team series, though not as enjoyable as the previous one. And the guilt lays full on the shoulders of Tessa Novak, the heroine.

The previous book worked despite the fact the heroine was an investigative journalist conducting a full-scale investigation into an environmental crime, because said heroine knew her limitations, knew the danger, and acted accordingly.
Tessa, at least in the first half of the story, didn’t. And despite the intelligence she showe
This was a fabulous read. The plot is great, revolving around human trafficking (something which can't be highlighted enough in these plots, in my opinion, such it is so despicable), and the investigations of the FBI/DPD and the investigative reporting team of the local newspaper.

But, I'll be honest, it was really the hero which did it for me. Tortured by his past, driven to atone for his father's failings, and oh, yes, drop-dead gorgeous as well. What more can I say? The heroine was also great
Lynsey A
Another great read by Pamela Clare. I really like the I-team. Julian was a bit of a dark character and I liked how he was with Tessa. The scene near the end when he tells Tessa about his past was a good one.

The epilogue was entertaining and I loved the scene where all the I-team ladies were checking out Julian outside the newspaper office. That was funny. Oh and I loved Tessa reconnecting with her mom.

I don't have much to say about this one other than I really liked it. I've ordered the rest of
Buddy read with Aly

Julian *sigh*

Maru: Hallo Peeps!! We are back!! Yes Aly&Maru reviewers extraordinaire are back in your lives, reviewing Hard Evidence by Pamela Clare. Aly are you ready to roll??
Aly: Yes... What did you think of the whole idea of the plot?
Maru: I think it was really good, though sometimes it was like she want to get hurt, but hey if you had a guy like Julian watching your back...who wouldnt want to get hurt? What about you?
Aly: I kind of loved it. She really talked
Investigative Journalist, Tessa Novak stumbles upon her next byline the hard way- by witnessing the murder of a young lady right before her eyes. Now she'll stop at nothing to get to the bottom of it- even as it leads her into the seedy underbelly of the city she calls home.

When undercover FBI agent Julian Darcangelo realizes his investigation of a sex and drug trafficking underlord is about to blown by a nosy reporter he decides to take matters into his own hands and scare her off his collar. B
  • Return to Me (Last Chance Rescue, #2)
  • Whisper No Lies (Black Ops, #3)
  • Take Me Tonight (Bullet Catcher, #3)
  • A Kiss to Kill (Passion For Danger, #3)
  • Hidden Fire (Firefighters of Station Five, #3)
  • Tactical Strike (Bagram Special Ops, #2)
  • Hide from Evil (Dead Wrong, #2)
  • Ice Blue (Ice, #3)
USA Today best-selling author Pamela Clare began her writing career as a columnist and investigative reporter and eventually became the first woman editor-in-chief of two different newspapers. Along the way, she and her team won numerous state and national honors, including the First Amendment Award and the National Journalism Award for Public Service. In 2011, she was honored by the Colorado Pro ...more
More about Pamela Clare...

I-Team (8 books)
  • Extreme Exposure (I-Team, #1)
  • Unlawful Contact (I-Team, #3)
  • Naked Edge (I-Team, #4)
  • Breaking Point (I-Team, #5)
  • First Strike (I-Team, #5.9)
  • Striking Distance (I-Team, #6)
  • Seduction Game (I-Team, #7)

“I’m half Italian.”

“Which half?” the words were out before Tessa could stop them. Was she flirting with him? She never flirted with men.
His lips curved in a slow, sexy smile that made her heart trip. “From the waist down.”
“Her gaze met his, her blue eyes filled with confusion and terror – and love. If Julian hadn’t already been in love with her, that would have done it.” 41 likes