Start by marking “The Greatest Secret in the World the Greatest Secret in the World” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
The Greatest Secret in...

Og Mandino

The Greatest Secret in the World the Greatest Secret in the World

4.32 of 5 stars 4.32  ·  rating details  ·  1,678 ratings  ·  36 reviews
What is 'the greatest secret in the world'? You won't discover it, although it's spelled out for you, unless you give yourself completely to this book and let its message change your life...for the better.
Published July 22nd 2009 by Bantam (first published March 15th 1981)

Be the first to ask a question about The Greatest Secret in the World the Greatest Secret in the World

Adrienne S.
If you want to change your life this book will do it. I use the ideas from this book everytime I get stuck in my thinking. A super amazing book.
Loren
It was said by Norman Vincent Peale that by changing your thoughts, you change your world.

Og Mandino runs with this concept by presenting the reader with ten "scrolls;" messages of affirmation that are to be repeated each morning and night. The reader spends the first week reading scroll #1 morning and night, the second week reading scroll #2, and so on.

The book did have a transformative effect for me. I believe that what we take in to our minds has a direct impact on our attitudes, and therefo
James Artre
The Greatest Secret in the World brought me to tears by the time I finished reading it years ago, and still does.

I couldn't believe what the secret was, although I knew it all along...

Get it. Read it. Believe it!

~ James Artre
Saulaz Arias-Mendoza
The power of the mind
Thomas
Apr 19, 2008 Thomas rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Thomas by: Gloria Callejas
Shelves: relationships
Many of us desire to be better people. Actually becoming better is the ultimate challenge. Og Mandino's book gives the reader a very practical guide to acquiring and practicing virtue. It works as follows: one reads a short meditation three times each day and keeps a daily journal of how he or she practiced each virtue. It really doesn't take more than twenty minutes a day, and it definitely works. However, even than small commitment of time can sometimes seem like too much, and it forces us to ...more
Lauren RM
I borrowed the book from my cousin, and I'm in the middle of the scrolls.

The book is exactly what it promises. There are scrolls which are basically daily meditations that you repeat three times a day for a month each, designed to teach you a characteristic that helps make you successful. Each chapter has a small introduction and explanation for the scroll and a success recorder.

It's a handy tool if you're willing to put in the time, kind of condescending at times, and definitely marketed to C
Kathy
This was a good support read to what I read daily. It is a workbook and is intended to be used daily.
Arash Narchi
The scrolls are amazing. Read them in the morning for many summers, great way to start your day.
Adeel Khan
Very Nice book. Must read for all if you are salesman or not.
Don Gubler
Read the Greatest Salesman and skip the sequel.
Janelle
Jul 11, 2008 Janelle rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who want a routine for success and self-improvement
This is part 2 of Og Mandino's "greatest" trilogy. This is something of a workbook format - each chapter sets up and reveals one of the principles found on the 10 scrolls.

If you were looking to get right to work and skip the novel part you could skip right to this book since all of the scrolls are reprinted.

I liked the quotes in the workbook, but since I checked this from the library I am not using it daily as it was meant to be.

If you're serious about incorporating the scrolls into your life
Nasbly Kalinina
Ideas más relevantes:

"Hoy empiezo una nueva vida de triunfos, progreso, amor, felicidad y estabilidad"

"Me formaré buenos hábitos, y seré el esclavo de esos hábitos"

"Persistiré hasta alcanzar el éxito"

"Viviré este día como si fuera el último de mi existencia"
Cherice
I enjoy Mandino's writing. It's my goal to read all of his books. His words inspire me and I especially enjoy the Christian perspectives. I wish I could have heard this man speak in person. He has had some miraculous experiences in his life.
Marita
This one is a workbook for following the 10 Scrolls form the Grates Salesman in the World. Since I had no intentions on doing the exercises this one was not for me. The short stories and quotes were nice.
Laura Jean
This book had a very profound impact on me when I read it, must be 15 years ago now. It helped me to value myself.

A very quick read. I highly recommend it to everyone.
Bo
I love his books I've read them all. They are all inspiring and full of life and passion. I would highly recommend anyone of Og's books.
Randy
Read the Indonesian version that was published by Gramedia Pustaka Utama.
Yaw
A book definitely worth reading at least once in a person's life time.
Melinda
May 22, 2008 Melinda rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Melinda by: Dave Blanchard
This will create miracles in your life, when followed as outlined...GUARANTEED.
Dean
Superb!!! I just love ALL his books! Highly recommend!
Cor
Another Excellent read ...Don't miss this!
Honoree
Another great book for sales folks!
Malou
lessons from friends in high places
Mutturaj
Must read for everyone.
Stephanie
I love all of his books
Paula
This is the real secret!
Bryan
Still needed more Og.
Ann
I love all books by Mandino.
Pau
hmm its interesting
  • Tough Times Never Last, But Tough People Do!
  • Developing the Leaders Around You
  • Master-Key to Riches
  • Win: The Key Principles to Take Your Business from Ordinary to Extraordinary
  • Bringing Out the Best in People: How to Enjoy Helping Others Excel
  • You Can If You Think You Can
  • The Go-Getter (a Story That Tells You How to Be One)
  • For Better or for Best: A Valuable Guide to Knowing, Understanding, and Loving Your Husband
  • The Tongue - A Creative Force
  • An Enemy Called Average
  • Four Pillars of a Man's Heart: Bringing Strength into Balance
  • Living Loving and Learning
19753
Augustine "Og" Mandino II (December 12, 1923 – September 3, 1996) was an American author. He wrote the bestselling book The Greatest Salesman in the World. His books have sold over 50 million copies and have been translated into over twenty-five different languages. He was the president of Success Unlimited magazine until 1976 and is an inductee of the National Speakers Association's Hall Of Fame. ...more
More about Og Mandino...
The Greatest Salesman In The World The Choice The Greatest Salesman in the World II The Greatest Miracle in the World The Twelfth Angel