Start by marking “How to Crash a Killer Bash (Party Planning, #2)” as Want to Read:
How to Crash a Killer Bash (Party Planning, #2)

How to Crash a Killer Bash (Party Planning #2)

3.72 of 5 stars 3.72  ·  rating details  ·  192 ratings  ·  22 reviews
Presley Parker is hosting a Murder Mystery party thrown by a notorious yet benevolent curator, Mary lee Miller. But when the role play becomes terrifyingly real, and Mary Lee is found dead, Presley kicks her sleuthing into high gear-only to find that someone wants the life of the party dead too...
Published August 1st 2010 by New American Library (first published June 10th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about How to Crash a Killer Bash, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How to Crash a Killer Bash

Mark Baker
Thanks to Penny, I got an ARC of this book. Presley Parker is hosting a murder mystery to raise money for San Francisco's de Young museum when the play's victim dies in real life. The final quarter seemed a little bumpy with Presley being over shocked by things I thought were obvious. The climax still surprised me and kept me turning the pages.

Read my full review at Carstairs Considers.
Gaby
Posted at: http://oh-my-books.blogspot.com/2010/...

How to Crash a Killer Bash is the sequel to How to Host a Killer Party. The protagonist, Presley, is still organizing parties, and this time, she's hosting a Murder Mystery party. Everything is going great, until Mary Lee Miller, the hostess, is found dead, and Delicia, Presley's best friend, is a suspect.

Of course she knows she didn't do it....but who? Nobody seems to like Mary Lee Miller at all...

Presley is still the same funny girl. What I mo
Marlyn
The sequel to How to Host a Killer Party has party event planner Presley Parker hosting another fundraising bash. This one is benefit for San Francisco's DeYoung Museum, and will be a murder mystery event in the museum. The hostess us philanthropist Mary Lee Miller, who has decided to play the role of the victim herself.

But on the night of the party, when the victim is found, Mary Lee is discovered to actually be dead.

There is no shortage of suspects for the crime, as Ms. Miller was arrogant, de
P. Kirby
An interesting study in how some peoples' "interesting, fun" character can be someone else's "annoying twit."

Presley Parker is a party planner...excuse me, "event planner." Her latest gig is a fund raiser for San Francisco's de Young art museum. The event is a murder mystery party. Presley, her best friend Delicia, museum bigwig Mary Lee Miller, Mary Lee's son Jason, along with several others, play the part of sleuths in a game where party guests are recruited to help solve a made-up murder myst
Sarah Sammis
Presley Parker is back in How to Crash a Killer Bash by Penny Warner. She's hosting another huge shindig in San Francisco, this time a fundraiser at the de Young Museum. When the curator and host, Mary Lee Miller is found murdered with museum property in the middle of the pary, Penny's best friend is fingered for the crime. Can she figure out who did it before she becomes another victim?

As with the first book in the series, How to Host a Killer Party, San Francisco is as much a character as Pres
Myhotstylist
This has to be one of the best cozy mystery series available on the market today. Presley is such a fun quirky character that cant seem to keep her nose out of trouble.

In this second installment, Presley throws a murder mystery party at the de Young Museum. Things turn to crap when her best friend is arrested for the muder of the guest of honor. presley decides to snoop to uncover the truth and get her friend out of jail.

Even though it was predicatable (I guessed the killer very early on) I sti
Vickie
A fun wee series that I look forward to reading more of. It takes place in San Francisco, a city I want to visit someday.
I know murder is bad, but when the truly odious Mary Lee Miller gets whacked, I didn't feel too badly. I felt bad when party planner Presley Parker's friend Delicia gets accused of the murder. I like Delicia and there were plenty of other suspects. Presley sets out to figure it out as well as keeping her busy business running.
A lot of fun and I look forward to reading the re
Jeannie and Louis Rigod
This murder mystery fundraiser was held at the De Young Museum in San Francisco, but, alas, there was a glitch, a murder occurred. Off goes our event planner/sleuth and her cohorts when one of their own is arrested (falsely.)

I once again enjoyed the characters in this book. I was very happy to see, Presley's mother become more involved.

The brief glances at the history of the city continues and really adds a level to the book's enjoyment.

I am anxiously awaiting publication of the next in the ser
Caroline
May 30, 2010 Caroline rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
Okay this was cheating - the book's not officially out yet but Penny Warner kindly gave me an ARC. This was a wonderful book! She always has interesting characters and always includes something informative about a disability or charity cause. Very entertaining. I love Penny's writing.
Shannon
I really enjoy the way the author, Penny Warner, uses the Bay Area as her setting for the Party Planner mystery series. The characters are believable and likeable. This book is a fun read.
Myrna
A cute little quick read. I liked it as it takes place in San Francisco and the places mentioned are all familiar.
Must say the end and the killer was not the one I thought it would be.
Melodie
Decent read, but I think I liked the first one better. Presley is likeable and mystery party at the museum was a great idea. Didn't figure out "whodunit" too quickly either!
Shoshana
I was kind of disappointed by this book, which was too bad because I enjoyed the author's debut novel. I think my main issue was I figured out who the killer was way too soon.
Debbie
presley parker is a great sleuth! I love these books and have read every one of them! it's a great mystery with a little bit of fun and laughter thrown in !! :)
Jenn
It is a nice easy read. Sometimes I get really frustrated with Presley since she always will do the stupid thing. The mystery is light and easy. Nice and fluffy.
Brigitta {Percy Jackson Lover}
I loved Presley!!! Her sense of humor was great!! She was a strong and determined character who never gave up. Wonderful!!!
Sabra
I liked this book except the protagonist calls this cute guy for help with everything. Shouldn't he be working or something?
TJ
For a complete review check out, AffairedeCoeur.com, August 2010 edition!
Karen
More trouble for the party planner in San Francisco.
Regan
fun read -- the de young is a favorite haunt
Jamie
A predictable but fun, quick read.
Kristen Ray
Kristen Ray marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2014
Alyssa (The Shady Glade)
Alyssa (The Shady Glade) marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2014
Rachel Vorster
Rachel Vorster marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2014
Pat
Pat added it
Nov 11, 2014
Lisa Mackey
Lisa Mackey marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2014
Dorothy
Dorothy marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2014
Geoffrey Gelb
Geoffrey Gelb marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2014
  • Scoop to Kill (A Mystery a La Mode, #2)
  • Tressed to Kill
  • Death in Show (Dog Walker Mysteries, #3)
  • The Diva Paints the Town (A Domestic Diva Mystery, #3)
  • Deadly Daggers
  • Red Delicious Death (Orchard, #3)
  • Bundle of Trouble (A Maternal Instincts Mystery, #1)
  • Dirty Rotten Tendrils (A Flower Shop Mystery, #10)
  • French Polished Murder (A Daring Finds Mystery, #2)
  • Drip Dead (A Georgiana Neverall Mystery #3)
  • Dead Air (A Talk Radio Mystery #1)
  • Never Say Sty (Kendra Ballantyne, Pet-Sitter Mystery #7)
  • Death Threads (A Southern Sewing Circle, #2)
  • A Stitch in Crime (Crochet Mystery, #4)
  • Delicious and Suspicious (A Memphis BBQ Mystery #1)
  • Last Writes (Forensic Handwriting Mystery, #4)
  • A Brisket, a Casket (A Deadly Deli Mystery, #1)
  • Plaster and Poison (A Do-It-Yourself Mystery, #3)
Penny Warner is an award-winning author of over sixty books, including DEAD BODY LANGUAGE mystery series (Macavity winner), HOW TO HOST A KILLER PARTY series, and the upcoming Food Festival series. Her middle-grade mystery, THE CODE BUSTERS CLUB, won the Agatha Award for Best Children's Mystery.

More about Penny Warner...
How to Host a Killer Party (Party Planning, #1) How to Survive a Killer Séance (Party Planning, #3) How to Party with a Killer Vampire (Party Planning, #4) How to Dine on Killer Wine (Party Planning, #5) Dead Body Language (Connor Westphal, #1)