Start by marking “How to Crash a Killer Bash (Party Planning, #2)” as Want to Read:
How to Crash a Killer Bash (Party Planning, #2)

How to Crash a Killer Bash (Party Planning #2)

3.76  ·  Rating Details  ·  246 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
Presley Parker is hosting a Murder Mystery party thrown by a notorious yet benevolent curator, Mary lee Miller. But when the role play becomes terrifyingly real, and Mary Lee is found dead, Presley kicks her sleuthing into high gear-only to find that someone wants the life of the party dead too...
Published August 1st 2010 by New American Library (first published June 10th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about How to Crash a Killer Bash, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How to Crash a Killer Bash

Diane Rapport
Presley Parker, party planner, is at it again. She's planned a murder mystery party at the deYoung Museum in San Francisco, hosted by socialite/fundraiser Mary Lee Miller. Predictably, things go wrong and Mary Lee ends up dead - murdered with a fake prop. Presley's friend and assistant Delicia is arrested for the crime. Presley knows her friend is innocent, so she goes into sleuth mode to see her exonerated.

I found this book to be ok, but not much more. The author's descriptions of San Francisc
Mark Baker
Mar 20, 2014 Mark Baker rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, 2010
Thanks to Penny, I got an ARC of this book. Presley Parker is hosting a murder mystery to raise money for San Francisco's de Young museum when the play's victim dies in real life. The final quarter seemed a little bumpy with Presley being over shocked by things I thought were obvious. The climax still surprised me and kept me turning the pages.

Read my full review at Carstairs Considers.
Gaby
Oct 29, 2010 Gaby rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Posted at: http://oh-my-books.blogspot.com/2010/...

How to Crash a Killer Bash is the sequel to How to Host a Killer Party. The protagonist, Presley, is still organizing parties, and this time, she's hosting a Murder Mystery party. Everything is going great, until Mary Lee Miller, the hostess, is found dead, and Delicia, Presley's best friend, is a suspect.

Of course she knows she didn't do it....but who? Nobody seems to like Mary Lee Miller at all...

Presley is still the same funny girl. What I mo
Marlyn
Jun 24, 2010 Marlyn rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, arc
The sequel to How to Host a Killer Party has party event planner Presley Parker hosting another fundraising bash. This one is benefit for San Francisco's DeYoung Museum, and will be a murder mystery event in the museum. The hostess us philanthropist Mary Lee Miller, who has decided to play the role of the victim herself.

But on the night of the party, when the victim is found, Mary Lee is discovered to actually be dead.

There is no shortage of suspects for the crime, as Ms. Miller was arrogant, de
P. Kirby
Jan 05, 2012 P. Kirby rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
An interesting study in how some peoples' "interesting, fun" character can be someone else's "annoying twit."

Presley Parker is a party planner...excuse me, "event planner." Her latest gig is a fund raiser for San Francisco's de Young art museum. The event is a murder mystery party. Presley, her best friend Delicia, museum bigwig Mary Lee Miller, Mary Lee's son Jason, along with several others, play the part of sleuths in a game where party guests are recruited to help solve a made-up murder myst
Sarah Sammis
May 06, 2011 Sarah Sammis rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pc, read-in-2010
Presley Parker is back in How to Crash a Killer Bash by Penny Warner. She's hosting another huge shindig in San Francisco, this time a fundraiser at the de Young Museum. When the curator and host, Mary Lee Miller is found murdered with museum property in the middle of the pary, Penny's best friend is fingered for the crime. Can she figure out who did it before she becomes another victim?

As with the first book in the series, How to Host a Killer Party, San Francisco is as much a character as Pres
Misty
Nov 22, 2015 Misty rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
loved this I stayed up late just to finish it (I will be so sleepy later but I will not regret it!) I cannot wait to get the other book. Presley is once again knee deep in another confounding mystery!

When the guest of honor at her mystery party ends up bloody on the floor her best friend is framed for the crime. Pres is sure her friend is innocent and is determined to prove it...even if it kills her.

Detective Melvin makes another appearance here and he is still as annoying as ever pestering Pres
Myhotstylist
Jan 21, 2011 Myhotstylist rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This has to be one of the best cozy mystery series available on the market today. Presley is such a fun quirky character that cant seem to keep her nose out of trouble.

In this second installment, Presley throws a murder mystery party at the de Young Museum. Things turn to crap when her best friend is arrested for the muder of the guest of honor. presley decides to snoop to uncover the truth and get her friend out of jail.

Even though it was predicatable (I guessed the killer very early on) I sti
Vickie
Aug 12, 2012 Vickie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fun wee series that I look forward to reading more of. It takes place in San Francisco, a city I want to visit someday.
I know murder is bad, but when the truly odious Mary Lee Miller gets whacked, I didn't feel too badly. I felt bad when party planner Presley Parker's friend Delicia gets accused of the murder. I like Delicia and there were plenty of other suspects. Presley sets out to figure it out as well as keeping her busy business running.
A lot of fun and I look forward to reading the re
Jeannie and Louis Rigod
Feb 01, 2011 Jeannie and Louis Rigod rated it really liked it
This murder mystery fundraiser was held at the De Young Museum in San Francisco, but, alas, there was a glitch, a murder occurred. Off goes our event planner/sleuth and her cohorts when one of their own is arrested (falsely.)

I once again enjoyed the characters in this book. I was very happy to see, Presley's mother become more involved.

The brief glances at the history of the city continues and really adds a level to the book's enjoyment.

I am anxiously awaiting publication of the next in the ser
Caroline
May 30, 2010 Caroline rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
Okay this was cheating - the book's not officially out yet but Penny Warner kindly gave me an ARC. This was a wonderful book! She always has interesting characters and always includes something informative about a disability or charity cause. Very entertaining. I love Penny's writing.
Shannon
Feb 26, 2011 Shannon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoy the way the author, Penny Warner, uses the Bay Area as her setting for the Party Planner mystery series. The characters are believable and likeable. This book is a fun read.
Myrna
Sep 12, 2012 Myrna rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A cute little quick read. I liked it as it takes place in San Francisco and the places mentioned are all familiar.
Must say the end and the killer was not the one I thought it would be.
Melodie
Sep 16, 2010 Melodie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2010
Decent read, but I think I liked the first one better. Presley is likeable and mystery party at the museum was a great idea. Didn't figure out "whodunit" too quickly either!
Shoshana
Sep 27, 2010 Shoshana rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I was kind of disappointed by this book, which was too bad because I enjoyed the author's debut novel. I think my main issue was I figured out who the killer was way too soon.
Debbie
Oct 07, 2014 Debbie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
presley parker is a great sleuth! I love these books and have read every one of them! it's a great mystery with a little bit of fun and laughter thrown in !! :)
Jenn
Dec 17, 2011 Jenn rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It is a nice easy read. Sometimes I get really frustrated with Presley since she always will do the stupid thing. The mystery is light and easy. Nice and fluffy.
Brigitta
I loved Presley!!! Her sense of humor was great!! She was a strong and determined character who never gave up. Wonderful!!!
Sabra
Feb 04, 2011 Sabra rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this book except the protagonist calls this cute guy for help with everything. Shouldn't he be working or something?
TJ
Jul 17, 2011 TJ rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
For a complete review check out, AffairedeCoeur.com, August 2010 edition!
Karen
Apr 10, 2011 Karen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
More trouble for the party planner in San Francisco.
Regan
Jul 09, 2011 Regan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
fun read -- the de young is a favorite haunt
Jamie
Nov 17, 2012 Jamie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A predictable but fun, quick read.
Karen Desmond
Nov 02, 2011 Karen Desmond rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Celeste Dortman
Celeste Dortman marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2016
Greta
Greta rated it really liked it
Aug 12, 2016
Kelly-Marie
Kelly-Marie marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2016
Elizabeth D.
Elizabeth D. rated it really liked it
Aug 01, 2016
Onyx
Onyx marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2016
Gabriele
Gabriele marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2016
  • Scoop to Kill (A Mystery a La Mode, #2)
  • Drip Dead (A Georgiana Neverall Mystery #3)
  • Deadly Daggers (A Renaissance Faire Mystery, #3)
  • French Polished Murder (A Daring Finds Mystery, #2)
  • Tressed to Kill (Southern Beauty Shop, #1)
  • Last Writes (Forensic Handwriting Mystery, #4)
  • Driven to Ink (Tattoo Shop Mystery, #3)
  • Stay Tuned for Murder (Talk Radio Mystery #3)
  • A Stitch in Crime (Crochet Mystery, #4)
  • Dirty Rotten Tendrils (A Flower Shop Mystery, #10)
  • Begging for Trouble (Dog Walker Mysteries, #4)
  • Dial H for Hitchcock (A Cece Caruso Mystery, #5)
  • The Diva Paints the Town (A Domestic Diva Mystery, #3)
  • Never Say Sty (Kendra Ballantyne, Pet-Sitter Mystery #7)
  • The Flaming Luau of Death (Madeline Bean, #7)
  • Eggsecutive Orders (A White House Chef Mystery, #3)
  • Formula for Murder (A Maternal Instincts Mystery, #3)
  • Death on a Platter (Josie Marcus, Mystery Shopper, #7)
Penny Warner is an award-winning author of over sixty books, including DEAD BODY LANGUAGE mystery series (Macavity winner), HOW TO HOST A KILLER PARTY series, and the upcoming Food Festival series. Her middle-grade mystery, THE CODE BUSTERS CLUB, won the Agatha Award for Best Children's Mystery.

More about Penny Warner...

Party Planning (5 books)
  • How to Host a Killer Party (Party Planning, #1)
  • How to Survive a Killer Séance (Party Planning, #3)
  • How to Party with a Killer Vampire (Party Planning, #4)
  • How to Dine on Killer Wine (Party Planning, #5)