Start by marking “Novels by George R. R. Martin: A Storm of Swords, a Game of Thrones, a Feast for Crows, a Clash of Kings, Tales of Dunk and Egg” as Want to Read:

Purchase includes a free trial membership in the publisher's book club where you can select from more than a million books without charge. Chapters: A Storm of Swords, a Game of Thrones, a Feast for Crows, a Clash of Kings, Tales of Dunk and Egg, a Dance With Dragons, Windhaven, Hunter's Run, Fevre Dream, Dying of the Light, the Armageddon Rag. Source: Wikipedia. Free upda ...more
Published May 25th 2012 by Books LLC

To ask other readers questions about Novels by George R. R. Martin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Novels by George R. R. Martin

Karen Taylor
Nov 30, 2010 Karen Taylor rated it really liked it
I picked up the first book in anticipation of the upcoming HBO series - and boy, and I glad I did! I haven't read a fantasy novel with such depth and historical sweep since The Once And Future King and the Jacqueline Carey novels. Martin has created a world that feels completely believable. His world is familiar enough to feel as if you are reading a great historical fiction of the War of the Roses. However, he adds just enough of the fantastical to make the world magical without being too out o ...more
Heather
Sep 14, 2011 Heather rated it it was ok
Hated the books but couldn't put them down. Super yucky rape scenes that I just didn't need in my mind, and the characters came and went and I wondered "what happened?". I got tired of the soap opera of nastiness, torture, and depravity - another example of the worst of humanity. Still, you hope some of the redeeming characters might win out in the end...
Robin
Jun 26, 2012 Robin rated it it was amazing
I just finished "A Feast for Crows," the fourth in George R.R. Martin's "Game of Thrones" series. Martin mixes medieval chivalry and high political intrigue with a mixture of dragons, witches and wizards plus a heaping portion of zombies and other mythical creatures to reveal human nature in all its good and evil complexity. With heroes you'll love to love and villains you'll love to hate, this is fabulous stuff. Even if your not a huge fan of the Fantasy genre, I think you'll enjoy these books. ...more
Raisa
Mar 19, 2013 Raisa added it
good set of reading. entails wit, humor and appreciation for the medieval where lords and ladies, kings and queens, knights and ladies are well described and felt. one of the best books i've read about revenge, karma, slyness and reality on life's ups and downs. a Tolkien like feel with hundreds of creative characters.A page turner. you won't even realize that you've read a thousand page book at the end of it and you'll be wanting more of the series.
Fszedlmayer
Sep 19, 2012 Fszedlmayer rated it really liked it

I have become a fan of this series. George R. R. Martin adds great description and detail into his writing. With that said, this 4th book in the series has too many characters for me to keep following. Some of the main characters in the previous books were hardly mentioned.
Still, I can't wait to start the 5th book. It is home in PA and I'm here in LA.
K. Stamolis
A Feast for Crows was my least favorite of the book so far - just so depressing but at the end, the author finally gives the reader hope that some of the darkness in this book will lift with the next book.
Lisa Fender
Jun 28, 2011 Lisa Fender rated it it was amazing
These were the best books I have ever read in my life! The actual writing is amazing and flows from page to page. The story feels more real life and not all fluffy! George R R Martin did not mess around! I think the writing is better than JR R Tolkien!!
Terrie lansford
Nov 24, 2011 Terrie lansford rated it it was amazing
Great series of books. Lots of details. Finishing book 5 of the series. Martin George Raymond Richard. Can't wait for Book 6.
John
Oct 13, 2012 John marked it as to-read
This entry is incorrect and I cannot find out how to delete it. I have read the first four books of the Game of Thrones series.
Bettina
Not read yet, on my to read list. George R. R. Martin, the author of A Game of Thrones, introduces intrigue and adventure in this "Fantasy Novel of the Year" for sci-fi fantasy fans.
Jan "don't blame me, I also voted for Hillary"
I enjoyed this book, but missed my favorite characters like Tyrion and Bran. I am looking forward to reading the next book.
MaryJo
Jul 21, 2012 MaryJo rated it it was amazing
It was ok.. It added more characters, so had more names to file away, but it let us see more into the Lanisters altho Tyrion was missing. Im just waiting for the next book on paperback! Great series!
Third Eye
Third Eye rated it it was amazing
Jan 02, 2012
Carolyn Pennington
Carolyn Pennington rated it it was amazing
Feb 11, 2012
Stephen
Stephen rated it it was amazing
Mar 20, 2013
Doom
Doom rated it really liked it
Apr 24, 2012
Richard Neil
Richard Neil rated it it was amazing
Jan 02, 2014
Mike Lambert
Mike Lambert rated it it was amazing
Feb 16, 2016
Pat
Pat rated it liked it
Jan 14, 2013
John
John rated it liked it
Jul 01, 2013
Jon Marks
Jon Marks rated it it was amazing
Mar 30, 2011
Vincent
Vincent rated it it was amazing
Mar 31, 2012
Jesse Schwab
Jesse Schwab rated it it was amazing
Jan 30, 2016
Zerocrat
Zerocrat rated it it was amazing
Dec 06, 2015
Kunal
Kunal rated it really liked it
Aug 08, 2014
Kyle
Kyle rated it really liked it
Jul 07, 2011
Jean Cush
Jean Cush rated it it was amazing
May 14, 2013
Marilyn
Marilyn rated it it was amazing
Sep 20, 2011
Dale
Dale rated it it was amazing
Jul 13, 2012
Laura Abernathy
Laura Abernathy rated it it was amazing
Dec 07, 2012
  • Articles about A Song Of Ice And Fire
  • Blind Voices
  • Thorns
  • City on Fire (Metropolitan, #2)
  • The People of the Wind
  • The Year of the Quiet Sun
  • The Computer Connection
  • Deserted Cities of the Heart
  • The Planet Buyer
  • Temporary Agency (Unquenchable Fire, #2)
  • Remake
  • The Road to Corlay (The White Bird of Kinship #1)
  • Day of the Minotaur
  • Bones of the Earth
  • Mother of Storms
  • Starplex
  • The Pirates of Ersatz
  • The Butterfly Kid
Books LLC is a reprint publisher of nonfiction and fiction which is out of copyright. Books LLC is not a licensed reseller or editor of modern, in-copyright novels.

Books LLC also publishes compilations of Wikipedia articles (e.g., Wikipedia articles about books, rather than the books themselves).
More about Books LLC...