Start by marking “The Fugitive from Corinth (The Roman Mysteries, #10)” as Want to Read:
The Fugitive from Corinth (The Roman Mysteries, #10)

The Fugitive from Corinth (The Roman Mysteries #10)

When Flavia's tutor, Aristo, escapes after committing a violent crime, she and her friends Jonathan, Nubia and Lupus track him across Greece. Why did Aristo do it? And where is he going? As she did with Ancient Rome, Caroline Lawrence brings Greece to life with vivid detail and great excitement.
Published October 3rd 2006 by Roaring Brook Press (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about The Fugitive from Corinth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Fugitive from Corinth

Matilda Rose
Aug 05, 2015 Matilda Rose rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: William + Lavinia
It seems Captain Geminus has almost been murdered by a close client, his daughter's tutor Aristo. Flavia is determined to solve the mystery, but it is her friends that really do, since she is emotionally involved. African Nubia believes Aristo did not commit the crime, but fiery Flavia counters her with the fact that Nubia is in love with him. Jewish Jonathan thinks Flavia should give Nubia a chance to say her reason, but Flavia does not listen. She's so sad because she knows how much pain he's ...more
sabisteb
Mar 10, 2011 sabisteb rated it it was amazing
Falvia, ihr Vater und ihre Freunde machen Pause in einem Gasthaus als Aristo zu ihnen stößt. Er hat Urlaub bei seinen Eltern gemacht und bittet nurn Falvias Vater seinen Vertrag als Flavias Lehrer aufzulösen. Die beiden wollen das privat besprechen aber in der Nacht hört man plötzlich einen Schrei: Falvias Vater wurde niedergestochen und Aristo flüchtet.
Zunächst will Flavia sich nicht an die Lösung dieses Rätsels machen, da sie sich um ihren Vater kümmern will, aber schon bald stellt sich heraus
Leah
Jul 15, 2013 Leah rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: Older Children/Teens into Mysteries
Recommended to Leah by: The front cover attracted me
Shelves: childrens
The series started to dwindle at this point, and this book was no better. In fact it was my least favourite of the set.

The two decent parts to this book, winning the two stars, were actually within the storyline. The action surrounding Flavia's father being stabbed brought pace to the novel, and finally meeting Lupus's mother was worthwhile too.

However the whole Lupus's mother being able to give prophecies was weird. It annoyed me that all Flavia had to do was mourn and weep over her father's co
Ujwals
Dec 04, 2013 Ujwals rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Fugitive From Corinth was a good book. It had all the aspects of a good book. It had suspense, action, drama, and much more. The plot was very good, and the mystery was well planned out. I was glad I was able to solve the mystery. I liked the Greek setting and life, as a change to the usual Roman setting and lifestyle. It was sometimes hard to follow the words, but the guide at the back was helpful. Since the story takes place in ancient times, some things are very different than now. One of ...more
Diana Sandberg
May 25, 2012 Diana Sandberg rated it really liked it
This is the 10th in the series; there are, I believe 19 at this time. I’m still very much enjoying them, liking the character development and the history. These stories have together spanned only about a year, which I guess is how it would have to be; these children won’t stay children long. Flavia, about to turn 11, is eagerly anticipating womanhood at 12. The mixture of child and adult in all the children is nicely done, I think. I am quite caught up in the meta-story, wondering how these live ...more
Emma Wallace
Feb 03, 2016 Emma Wallace rated it really liked it
Shelves: middle-grade
While the extensive quest theme became a bit tired for me I loved the resolution of a couple of key threads and I particularly relished an extensive backstory to sex God Aristo!!!!! Really amused me how most of the pathos was caused by Aristo being just too goddam hot, as usual I adored Caroline Lawrence's ability to test and allow maturation to occur in her characters, especially so in this instance with Flavia and Nubia's potential for unpredictability.
Vicki Cline
Jul 06, 2012 Vicki Cline rated it really liked it
Shelves: roman-mysteries
On the way back from Rhodes, the party stops in Corinth, and in the hospitium where they are staying, thire tutor Aristo is discovered holding a knife over the badly injured body of Captain Geminius. When he runs away, the four friends track him to Delphi, and get an explanation. Quite harrowing.
Chroniclesoftania
Murder, mystery and mayhem!
The lead protagonist Flavia has to come to terms with her judgmental and short sighted nature and realise all is not as it seems initially in black and white terms and that she should be more cautious and listen to her friends. The friendships are tested but all ends well. Wonderful view into ancient Greece and the Acropolis.
Anna
Mar 07, 2014 Anna rated it it was ok
I thought that this wasn't the best book that I've read, but it wasn't rubbish. This book is also in a series of many. It's all about, how Flavia's father is almost killed, but who was it? Flavia's tutor, Aristo, his almost identical brother, or someone completely different? This book is a good books to read, because of all the drama, and all the mysterious mysteries.
Matthew Do
Nov 10, 2011 Matthew Do rated it it was amazing
It was very interesting because they needed time to search around Corinth to find Aristo who killed Pater violently. I was suppoeing this could be an another mystery because Flavia's friends wanted to know who killed Pater and what crime they could recieve.
Martha
Flavia and her friends chase her father's attempted murderer.
Brett
Mar 09, 2010 Brett rated it really liked it
Shelves: juvenile-mystery
Interesting perspective on what the ancient Romans thought of Greece, & Greeks.
Linda
Oct 02, 2010 Linda rated it liked it
This young adult series takes place in ancient Rome where a group of young people solve mysteries.
Mrs. Roy
This one was not the best for me... Poor Nubia in love with Aristo.
Thea
Aug 10, 2016 Thea rated it really liked it
This book is very good and full of adventure. Its a bit boring at the start but gets better as the story goes on.
Tchipakkan
Apr 20, 2015 Tchipakkan rated it it was amazing
Great story- read it in one sitting.
Mono33
Mono33 rated it really liked it
Oct 24, 2011
Clara
Clara rated it liked it
Nov 09, 2013
Katherine Sewell
Katherine Sewell rated it it was amazing
Jul 27, 2012
Aïsha P
Aïsha P rated it really liked it
Dec 31, 2015
Fiona
Fiona rated it really liked it
May 22, 2010
Sandra
Sandra rated it it was amazing
Mar 28, 2013
Max
Max rated it it was amazing
Apr 19, 2010
Joshua
Joshua rated it really liked it
Jun 15, 2015
Kelly
Kelly rated it really liked it
May 25, 2016
Zoe
Zoe rated it it was amazing
Jun 06, 2015
James Shrimpton
James Shrimpton rated it liked it
Mar 20, 2017
Maddy
Maddy rated it it was amazing
Feb 04, 2014
Tom O'dwyer
Tom O'dwyer rated it it was amazing
Jun 15, 2012
Dobby
Dobby rated it really liked it
Jan 06, 2016
  • Jinx (Lady Grace Mysteries, #10)
  • Firelord (The De Danann Tales, #3)
  • Pompeii: A Roman Girl's Diary, AD 78
  • Cat's Cradle (Cat Royal, #6)
  • The Great Plague: The Diary of Alice Paynton, London, 1665-1666
  • The Ruthless Romans
  • Tabitha's Travels: A Family Story For Advent (Jotham's Journey Trilogy)
Caroline Lawrence won a scholarship to Cambridge to read Classical Archaeology, then did a degree in Hebrew and Jewish studies at University College London. She now lives in London with her English husband and teaches Latin, Greek, Hebrew, Art and French to children.

Series:
* Roman Mysteries
Western Mysteries
More about Caroline Lawrence...

The Roman Mysteries (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • The Thieves of Ostia (Roman Mysteries, #1)
  • The Secrets of Vesuvius (Roman Mysteries, #2)
  • The Pirates of Pompeii (Roman Mysteries, #3)
  • The Assassins of Rome (Roman Mysteries, #4)
  • The Dolphins of Laurentum (The Roman Mysteries, #5)
  • The Twelve Tasks of Flavia Gemina (The Roman Mysteries, #6)
  • The Enemies of Jupiter (The Roman Mysteries, #7)
  • The Gladiators from Capua (The Roman Mysteries, #8)
  • The Colossus of Rhodes (Roman Mysteries, #9)
  • The Sirens of Surrentum (The Roman Mysteries, #11)