Start by marking “Margaret & H. A. Rey's Curious George At The Aquarium” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Margaret & H. A. Rey's...

Margret Rey

Margaret & H. A. Rey's Curious George At The Aquarium (Curious George New Adventures)

3.95  ·  Rating Details ·  1,886 Ratings  ·  68 Reviews
When George and the man in the yellow hat visit the aquarium, George's curiosity gets the better of him and he accidentally joins some of the exhibits.
24 pages
Published (first published October 29th 1984)

Be the first to ask a question about Margaret & H. A. Rey's Curious George At The Aquarium

Brian McLachlan
May 06, 2016 Brian McLachlan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Spoliers ahead:

In past books, Curious George lived in the zoo, and wanted to escape his prison place pretty fast. But here George is pretty cool with animals, even intelligent whales, being incarcerated. That's a good lesson: it is really hard to empathize with others. Once you've overcome your obstacles, it's easy to ignore other people's struggle with the same problem. Especially when they don't look like you. These are marine animals, not even land animals. How's George supposed to relate?

At
Adrienne
Feb 27, 2014 Adrienne rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
George is up to his usual antics, with his curiosity getting the best of him. Luckily, after he causes problems at the aquarium, he manages to save the day.

I like George and he's funny. The pictures are great. My only qualm here is that everything works out okay because of George...but if he hadn't let the penguins out in the first place, then perhaps the baby penguin wouldn't have ended up in a dilemma. George always gets away with what he does because he subsequently does something good...but
Kimberly
Another one read with Brielle and Zach. Zach (2) loves the part with the penguins! Brielle (4) likes to act out George's silly monkey poses.
Laura Verret
When the man with the yellow hat offers to take George to the aquarium, George is ecstatic! He enjoys seeing all of the fishes and watching the seal show; but the real show starts when George tries to feed a fish to the seals himself!

I bought Goes to the Aquarium on the same day as Curious George Flies a Kite. Unfortunately, Goes to the Aquarium is an adaptation of the film series and doesn’t have the tone or illustration style of the original stories. There was nothing wrong with the story, it
Dominique Woodbridge
Curious George is a classic children's pictures book. My mom loved it as a kid, I lvdd it as a kid, and I read curious George books to children I know and they love it. George is a curious money who is always getting in peoples business. He makes huge messes sometimes, but people still love him. Kids find these books extremely entertaining. I would read these books to preschool kids through first grade.
Rosa Cline
Aug 07, 2014 Rosa Cline rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids
You can hardly ever go wrong with everyone's loveable monkey! In this adventure he goes to the aquarium and makes friends with seals. He couldn't understand no many people where there to watch them. In his curiosity he ends up being a 'ball' for the seals bringing more people in to see the seals. Everyone loves him (and the seals) in the end.

Curious George books are simple life lessons (usually) for young children. If ever you don't know what book to pick up to read to your child you can't go w
Brandon Kuether
As much as I love this book for personal enjoyment, I do not like the message that it is sending. In the book, it glorifies risky behavior and acts as though everything works out in the end. The book is fun to read, but can easily be misinterpreted.
Rebecca Waack
This book is about George taking a trip the the Aquarium and how he gets to see all the animals. He climbs into the Penguin exhibit, and puts on a show. When the staff opens the door to get George out, all the penguins escape instead.
Chris
Aug 18, 2016 Chris rated it liked it
Don't confuse this book with Curious George Goes to the Aquarium (1984).

This is a published for Kohl's Cares for Kids.

In this book, George accidentally allows the penguins to escape and then he saves a baby penguin.
Alexis Garay
Feb 19, 2016 Alexis Garay rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Buena historia y no muy larga

Entretenida historia para niños pequeños.
No es larga lo cual está bien para antes de dormir.
Recomendable
Ideal que sea bilingüe
Leslie Fisher
This was not my favorite Curious George Books. I feel like it started rather abruptly, and a different way than the other books. I was reading a copy from the library, so I was actually curious if it was missing pages (that's how oddly it read). However, it looks like all the pages are intact, so I guess the writing style is just different on this one. Other than that, it was like the typical Curious George book where George does something he isn't supposed to, but then does something which has ...more
The Brothers
Per normal, the adaptations from the cartoon just aren't as good as the original stories.

Illustrations are screen captures.
Jada Riutta
Curious George Goes to The Aquarium, is about the monkey going to the aquarium with the man in the yellow suit, they watch a show where the seal jumps in the air to catch a fish, so Curious George goes in the back and finds a tank of fish and also a net and he decided he was going to feed the seal but gets caught and runs guess what happens next?
This book reminds me of knowing you are doing something wrong but you are just coping what you saw others doing so you really aren't doing anything wro
Corby Lancaster
Genre- Picture book

Reading Level- K-2

Topic and Themes- Curious George visits an aquarium and gets into mischief. Mischievous events.

Curricula- Read Aloud, guided reading

Social- Curious George gets into mischief

Literary Element- Curious George explores different exhibits at the aquarium. He saves a baby penguin.

Text and Pictures- Text and pictures go together to tell the story.

Summary- "Curious George at the Aquarium" is a story that shows Curious George exploring different exhibits at the aquari
Aurora
Curious George books are some of my least favorites to read but the kids enjoy them.
Lyndsey
Jun 08, 2012 Lyndsey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: j-o-approved
My three year old loves this book. When she was younger, she enjoyed the pictures and we made-up the story. Now she knows it word for word.

We have 3 CG books, and this one is my favorite. This one seems to make a little more sense (as much as books like this can) and stays on topic. My daughter and I have fun with the part where George gets pinched by the crab and we love to shout "penguins, penguins everywhere!" There are a couple parts that the English teacher in me itches to reword, but my d
Shelby Moser
Dec 15, 2013 Shelby Moser rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: eng-261
Curious George goes to the aquarium and while there manages to let the penguins escape and cause chaos, but when George saves the baby penguin he is made a hero.
I think that this is a cute book, and it begins to teach children that consequences are not black and white. Yes, Curious George got himself into trouble, but he was not doing it to be bad. Normally children would think that he would be in more trouble, but they also understand at this level that consequences are not black and white. Th
Emily Farmer
Dec 03, 2012 Emily Farmer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: kindergarten - 2nd grade
Shelves: fantasy
Once again George goes on an adventure...and gets offered a job once again...in this book George goes to the aquarium where he watches the seals get fed. After the show he decided he wanted to feed the seals all by himself, but when the guards see and chase him he ends up in the seal tank. It was during a show! He became the star of the show when all the seals were flipping him in the air. Once again George had a great day! This is a cute book for beginning readers becasue of the bold print and ...more
Samantha
Nov 21, 2011 Samantha rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who loves a certain mischievous monkey
Penguins! Curious George! Aquariums!

This is the perfect combination! Since a young girl, my mother has read me Curious George. My sister is an absolute penguin lover (they are so cute, its hard NOT to like them). Aquariums and zoos have always been some of my favorite places to visit.

This book excited me from the moment I picked it up. Every time I pay a visit to Curious George, I know we're bound to be mischievous and end up it just a little bit of trouble. =)
Maura
I don't think I like Curious George. Granted, he's a monkey, but he gets away with everything. He constantly misbehaves because of his curiosity and it's supposed to be funny. Then the man in the yellow hat laughs it off and all is forgiven. I don't have kids or anything, but I'd think it might give them the idea that they can do that stuff too and not get in trouble.

Still - it is a classic. But also kind of boring. Take it or leave it.
Paul
Aug 15, 2016 Paul rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens-books
Synopsis: Finding Curiosities in an Aquarium. Rating: Minor Monkey Mayhem. :)
Patty
Sep 08, 2013 Patty rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-picture
Liesl
I've noticed a pattern with these newer Curious George books: George goes to a new place where he does several bad things culminating in something really awful. Then he (sometimes inadvertently) does something good and helpful that somehow negates everything bad that he did beforehand. Not sure how I feel about the lack of actual consequences for his actions.
JanBreesmom
Dec 14, 2011 JanBreesmom rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens, fiction
Curious George Goes to the Aquarium by Margaret Rey is another in the classic children's series of Curious George books.

Curious George is a very curious little money who lives with a man in a yellow hat. Children can relate to George's curiosity and his fantastic adventures are intriguing to them.

I recommend them for all children ten years old and under.

Samantha
Apr 16, 2012 Samantha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love the aquarium, and I love Curious George at the Aquarium! This is a great book that explores many different areas of an aquarium like the whales, the deep water creatures, the shallow tanks and of course, the penguins. George sneaks in to the penguin exhibit and ends of saving a penguin chick that falls in the water unseen.
Savannah
Jan 14, 2014 Savannah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
Love how this book focuses on the aquarium. My son, D and I have been there but when was 2 so he probably doesn't remember but I love discussing topics with him and it was fun talking about sea life. I like to see what good George does in every story, in this one he saves a baby penguin from falling into the water.
I used this book in my classroom along with the short movie by the same name. I asked my students these questions: What do you think the word impatient means? What did George do that he shouldn't have? What did George do that was good? This book reminds me of things that my students do - good and bad all day long!
Kristy Schwertfeger
This was a classic Curious George book, where George goes to the aquarium and gets into trouble. But always by the end of the story he helps out somebody. In this book he saves a baby penguin. This book would be good to use when studying ocean life because it talks about all the animals in the aquarium.
DuPar
Dec 27, 2013 DuPar rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The Curious George books based on the tv series don't have quite the same Carmen as the originals. In this book, he goes to the aquarium, sees the seals eating fish from the keepers and you can guess what comes next.
Kristy
Eh. Still searching for the George that I loved as a kid...and haven't found him yet. Shrug. Most of these stories just seem pointless to me. Let's go to the aquarium, reek havok among the penquins, save one, and become the star of the show. Mhmmmm. Whatever you say, George.
  • Curious George Goes Fishing
  • Ella the Elegant Elephant
  • The Foolish Tortoise
  • Mouse's First Spring
  • Biscuit Storybook Collection
  • Stop, Train, Stop! a Thomas the Tank Engine Story (Thomas & Friends)
  • Franklin Fibs
  • Clifford To The Rescue
  • Ten Tiny Tickles
  • Rooster's Off to See the World
Margret Elizabeth Rey (May 16, 1906 – December 21, 1996), born Margarete Elisabeth Waldstein, was (with her husband H. A. Rey), the co-author and illustrator of children's books, best known for their Curious George

Although she was born in Germany, she fled to Brazil early in her life to escape Nazism. While there, she met her future husband Hans (who was a salesman and also from Germany). They mar
More about Margret Rey...

Curious George New Adventures (1 - 10 of 47 books)
  • Curious George Visits the Zoo