Start by marking “A Christmas Prayer” as Want to Read:
A Christmas Prayer
Preview

A Christmas Prayer

4.35 of 5 stars 4.35  ·  rating details  ·  20 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Snuggle in this holiday season and offer up "A Christmas Prayer."

In the tradition of "A Night Night Prayer," this precious little child wanders through the house on a snowy Christmas night offering a prayer of thanks and blessing. The child finishes with thanks to God for the greatest Gift of all.

Noting all the characters in the Nativity, this lovable little nighttime pray
Board Book, 20 pages
Published October 5th 2010 by Thomas Nelson Publishers

To ask other readers questions about A Christmas Prayer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Christmas Prayer

Lynnda Ell
It's time to select Christmas books for our favorite toddlers. This year, we have a new book with text by Amy Parker, "A Christmas Prayer." She wrote a simple story about two children who make a Nativity set out of their toys. As they build it, they thank God for each one of His Christmas gifts.

Marijan Ramljak's illustrations for "A Christmas Prayer" set a mood of quiet enjoyment as the children make their own manger scene and the parents look on. The colors she used sooth the eye. The children
Mary
A board book that has wonderfully padded front and back covers that give it the appearance of a "real" book. As a lover of books - their look, feel, smell, etc.- I thought this was a fun addition to a great book.

The board pages inside are illustrated by Marijan Ramljak and are delightful. Created using soft colors the illustrations are awesome. They reminded me of the way angels are often portrayed as being soft, flowing, whimsical yet have substance. A book that a small child will love just to
Marina
I love the way Amy draws in all the important people from that Christmas day through the innocently simple 'Thank you' prayer of the little girl.
As the little child ends her prayer recognizing that Christmas is more than the toys and gifts she gets and all about the best gift of all Jesus, she leaves in the reader's mind a picture of the first Christmas scene....a beautiful reminder of the reason why we truly celebrate the season.

Marlijan Ramljak's sweet illustration of the child with her dishev
Ane Mulligan
A beautiful tribute to caregivers, A Christmas Prayer is a heart-wrenching story of love and sacrifice with an ending that will make you smile. I highly recommendation it as a Christmas gift, but don't forget a copy for yourself.
Katherine Salinas
What a lovely book to help our children focus on thanking all the people God used to bring His Son into the world!
We love having this as one of the ways to focus on Christ at Christmas.
Lynnea
A CHRISTMAS PRAYER by Amy Parker was provided to me through Thomas Nelson Publishers through the Book Sneeze program in exchange for a review. This is a great children's board book! Even though my children are older, I believe I can never have too many Christmas books or too many children's books!
This book is written in a sing-songy rhyming pattern, making it very appealing to young listeners. Each page thanks God for a different part of the Christmas story - from Gabriel who brought Mary the ne
Karie Hall
Laura Smith
Such a sweet Christmas board book, highlighting the major elements of the nativity. Adorable pictures and perfect, sweet simple words speak directly to the child in all of us.
Anna Motteler
I loved this book. It'll be a great childrens read!
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2014
Breanne Brake
Breanne Brake marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2014
Laura Reese
Laura Reese marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2014
Janet
Janet added it
Aug 09, 2014
Tyra
Tyra marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2014
Mariah
Mariah marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2014
Susan
Susan added it
Jan 21, 2014
Rebecca Neary
Rebecca Neary marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2013
Joy
Joy marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2013
Kathryn
Kathryn marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2013
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2012
Amy Parker has written more than twenty books for children, teens, and adults, including the best-selling A Night Night Prayer , Thank You, God, for Mommy, and Thank You, God, for Daddy. She has also collaborated with authors ranging from New York Times bestsellers to her very own son. Most importantly, she is a wife to Daniel and a mom to their amazing sons, Michael and Ethan.
More about Amy Parker...
Thank You, God, for Mommy Thank You, God, for Daddy A Night Night Prayer Night Night Blessings A Pumpkin Prayer