Start by marking “Persiguiendo un diamante / Chasing Harry Winston (Spanish Edition)” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Persiguiendo un diaman...
Lauren Weisberger

Persiguiendo un diamante / Chasing Harry Winston (Spanish Edition)

3.29 of 5 stars 3.29  ·  rating details  ·  56,491 ratings  ·  2,423 reviews
Per Leigh Eisner, newyorchese trentenne dalla vita apparentemente perfetta, il lunedì è sacro. Editor in carriera in una casa editrice, fidanzata a un uomo che tutti le invidiano, vive in un appartamentino a Manhattan davanti all'Empire State Building e adora dedicare la prima sera della settimana al totale relax. Nessuno oserebbe mai disturbarla, né Russell, il fidanzato, ...more
Published September 30th 2010 by Planeta Mexico (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Persiguiendo un diamante / Chasing Harry Winston, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Persiguiendo un diamante / Chasing Harry Winston

Sarah Null
Jun 25, 2008 Sarah Null rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Idiots
Shelves: craptastic
So far this book is like a martini topped with mini marshmallows.

Update: I'm past the halfway point and the book is now a martini topped with marshmallows poured over a steaming pile of dog excrement.

Update the second: I retract my earlier statement, as it is demeaning to the martini. Martinis are fabulous and should never be associated with dreck like this. It is, however, like marshmallow-dotted dog poopie, as it is cloyingly sweet, fluffy, and a real stinkeroo.

Update the third: WARNING. I a
I absolutely LOVED "The Devil Wears Prada" and "Everyone Worth Knowing." I live in NYC and love reading about places I've been to, or places I've heard of. I understand what it's like to work in NYC. I could not wait for this book to come out, and even splurged and bought it before it was out in paperback. I am on page 115 and I'm completely regretting it. The most annoying parts are the following:

-Otis, Emmy's ex-boyfriend's African Grey parrot or bird that he left behind. I cringe every time I
Absoulutely one of the worst books I've ever read. I am completely done reading the vapid crap that this woman purports to "write". She's a no talent-hack, who I'm convinced just knew the right people and got a contract for telling-all about Anna Wintour. When people bought that admittedly interesting, albeit horribly written book, it perpetuated a book deal and now she won't stop writing. And she should. She's HORRIBLE.
Jen Covey
I'm not sure why I am still reading this dreck. I didn't purchase it on my kindle because it had such horrible reviews, but when I saw it at the library I thought I would give it a chance. I think I am just avoiding housework but the pile of laundry is starting to look more appealing.
I'd never read anything by Laura Weisberger before. I'd seen the movie "The Devil Wears Prada", and to be honest, that was pretty rubbish storyline-wise, but I thought hey, I'll give her a chance. So I saw this book, thought it might be a laugh. Gave it a go.

One of the first things I noticed was that every time I picked it up, I wanted to put it back down again about a minute later. It was that unreadable, clearly. But I did get through it. Although I really wish I hadn't wasted my money on it.

Leigh, THE BOOK EDITOR, got engaged and went to visit her mom. Her mom says "I can't believe I had to wait TWELVE DAYS to see this sparkler." Then, two pages later, an incident that happened the day of the engagement is referenced as "it had been TEN DAYS since." About 200 pages later Leigh's name is spelled LEAH. This is the kind of crap that makes me want to burn books and then back over their ashes with my car. Or just complain incessantly to anyone that will listen.

Anywho, over the top chara
May 27, 2008 Liisa rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Girlfriends
By page nine, I had already laughed out loud and at page 38, I already LOVED "Chasing Harry Winston" by Lauren Weisberger.

It's the story of three best friends: Emmy, Adriana and Leigh and a year in which they plan to change their lives. Set in New York, focussing on dating and sex, you can't help but compare it to "Sex and the City" but it isn't a carbon copy nor are the similarities a bad thing.

I found "Chasing Harry Winston" highly entertaining and incredibly easy to read. The characters are a
Jordana Horn Gordon
Like eating a whole sleeve of not particularly great cookies and then feeling like, "Why did I do that??"
Ivonne Marie
I love this book. Totally girlie and predictable, but fantastic!!!! I really enjoyed the way the author presented three female personalities whom I could either relate to, or identify them among my female friends. All three girls are fantastic and easy to love.

Great writing too. I couldn't put it down. Not in the suspense thriller kind of way, but in the I really want to know what's going to happen with the characters and what turns are their lives taking.
Cute. Not realistic and sometimes frustratingly so.
I mean isn't kind of ridiculous for a writer to write with three characters that are three different versions of most girls perfection? All went to Cornell one is a publishing titan in training, one travels the world searching for great recipes and gets paid for it, and one is a gorgeous Brazilian heiress.

It's a fun silly read but at points I was just angry at the fact that a writer would so casually write about three perfect girls with problem
I'm not sure why this book has been getting such terrible reviews, because I didn't really see much wrong with it at all. No, it wasn't Everyone Worth Knowing - which, coincidentally, is a fabulous book and especially great for summer - but I don't think it necessarily deserved the bad rap it got.

Sure, the characters can, at times, be so frustratingly typical and absurdly blind to their own mistakes that you find yourself wanting to yell out loud, perhaps in an effort to channel them and someh
Jun 19, 2008 stephanie rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: someone with absolutely nothing else to read.
Shelves: 2008, chicklit
it was okay.

i don't know if it's necessarily weisberger's fault - it's that after The Devil Wears Prada, i expected so much from her. and she hasn't delivered that blend of sarcasm, satire and naivety that made me like the first book so much.

this is the story of three girls who make a decision to basically change their lives in one year - the chronic commitment-phobe will be engaged, the serial monogamist will go on a "fuck tour", and the one in the perfect relationship will do . . . somethin
Adriana, Emmy and Leigh are best friends living in Manhattan, New York.

Adriana - The Brazilian goddess, the ultimate slut socialite who will sleep with just about anything male.

Emmy - The flat-chested serial monogamist who had been dumped by her five-year boyfriend for a virgin cheerleader (like I would believe that for a minute!).

Leigh - The obsessive and compulsive one with lots of issues despite having perfect everything i.e boyfriend, job, place... or so her friends thought.

One day, the two
Bad, very bad, awfully bad.
There's just nothing to redeem this book. It's one of the very very few books I feel should be all burnt, to avoid anyone else the displeasure to read something this bad. Even years after, I still remember the horror I felt all through this.
I'm not a huge fan of chick lit, but some of it can be enjoyable, relaxing and fun. It is none of the three.
The three, supposedly heroine, girls are tarts and there is no nicer way to describe them; none has anything that might be l
Lauren Fidler
oh, lauren weisberger. why must you write such ugly people. not physically ugly, naturally. since all three of these BFF 4 evas are gorgeous in their own ways. there's leigh, who we start off with, who is like a totally neurotic version of andy from the devil wears prada. and emmy who reminds me of bess from nancy drew, even though she's supposed to be flat chested and skinny. and adriana the brazilian goddess who puts both the other girls to shame.

i don't know. the premise here is a bit iffy. l
It was one of those books I wanted to throw with great force (thanks Dorothy Parker) but still had to finish just so I could see how bad it could get.

The unforgettably bad bits:

1. Yes, I too was constantly checking the cover to see if I was mistaken in thinking those were rings coz nothing in the narrative justified that design. Except the art department wanted it to connect with 'The Devil Wears Prada', correctly guessing that was the only reason people would buy this book, and they also wante
All the "nice guys" got to me! That nearly every man (even one night stands?) seemed to be overly considerate and romantic and unbeliveable in the least kinda wanted to make me gag a little. I suppose that is the kind of men to expect in chick lit, though?

Altogether it was a very easy and quick read. Not the best or worst. A mostly predictable plotline, and characters that are one-dimensional take away from the enjoyment. Having said that, it was a fun story about fabulous neurotic characters (
Love Fool
I love books that show the friendships of ladies. Maybe because I can picture my friends and myself as the ladies. I found this book to be funny and an easy read. I recommend this book over Lauren Weisberger's other books. Honestly, until I read this book I had a hard time understanding why people loved Lauren Weisberger's books.
Mar 15, 2015 Kareena rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: athena
Shelves: march
This book was not as good as I expected it to be. Its about three friends Emmy,Leigh and Adriana. They all have great lives but feel like one aspect is missing. one night they make a pact to start over and change their lives. In the end they stay friend even when they didn't support each others decisions. I picked up this book because I love the previous book the author wrote. I didn't really want or feel the need to finish this book but I did anyway. I would recommend this book to Athena based ...more
Ganhei este livro num concurso da Editorial Presença e, tendo em conta o título, não esperava nada daquilo que o livro me ofereceu.

Leigh tem a vida perfeita! Um rapaz famoso e perfeito e qualquer rapariga sonha ter, um emprego de sucesso como editora, e toda a gente acha que ela é feliz, mas as aparências enganam. Ela sente que falta algo... Se calhar, a sua relação não é assim tão perfeita, não tanto quando ela gostaria que fosse. Mas houve um pedido de casamento que ela não recusou, e agora co
Oct 15, 2008 Kristan rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: NO ONE
OMG! This book was terrible; boring, shallow, bereft of heart, or story for that matter. Lauren Weisberger wrote one of the greatest chic lit stories of all time; The Devil Wears Prada, then begins her downhill slope with Everyone Worth Knowing to end up and the very bottom of the mountain with this piece of trash. I'm going to rename Lauren Weisberger, Picabo Street, for her ability to maneuver the Downhill, only with not as much grace - and certainly No gold medal waiting to be awarded.

Ms. We
I read (and watched) "The Devil Wears Prada" several years ago and I liked it so when I came across this one, I decided to read it too.

I didn't expect this to be a literary gem by any means, and in that respect it did not disappoint. I would definitely classify this as a mindless, quick "beach" read. Around page 66 I started to feel like I was losing brain cells yet at the same time, I couldn't seem to put it down either. Part of that was because I didn't want to start a book in 2012 and have it
Reading this book is like eating potato chips. They might taste good at first, and go quickly, but ultimately they make you feel a little sick and mad at yourself for wasting your time.

If you like "chick lit" (I kinda hate that term), there are PLENTY of other superior choices out there. Go and read one of them.

Also, there were so many brand names in this book that it made me wonder if the author was being paid for product placement. I also find it amusing that she has her editor character (si
Fatima H 240521 H 240521
I read this book long time ago, Maybe two years ago. After I watched The Devil Wears Prada Film, i decide to "read" the other two parts which is Chasing Harry Winston and Everyone Worth Knowing books by Lauren Weisbeger.
This story is about three girls who are a really close and best friend to each other, every one of them having her own story in this novel. Emmy,Adriana and Leigh their life is going to change 360 degree. These changes are so amazing but the author did not deliver the idea direct
This is the first Lauren Weisberger book I've read, so I don't have the ability to compare it to The Devil Wears Prada or any of her other titles. I loved this book! It's a light and fluffy read. I liked that the characters all had such different personalities, you got to follow separate stories and become invested in each separately for different reasons.
Some parts were quite predictable, but I loved it regardless.
La fille qui rit
Prima di cominciare la vera e propria recensione, vorrei un attimo parlare della versione italiana di questo libro. Io davvero odio e soprattutto non capisco questi maledetti editor che traducono i titoli a cavolo e inseriscono elementi che non c'azzeccano proprio nulla! Da "Chasing Harry Winston" a "Un anello da Tiffany". Diciamo che il concetto è quello, ma almeno di Harry Winston se ne parla, invece di Tiffany non si ha nemmeno un accenno.

Bene, leggere questo libro non è stata una cosa sempl
Melanie Efp
Chasing Harry WinstonLauren Weisberger

Poco c'è da recensire, su questo libro.
E' esattamente quello stesso tipo di lettura che o si ama, o si trova davvero brutta.
Nel mio caso, ho trovato la trama intrecciata che ha come protagoniste tre amiche dai tempi del liceo, adesso alle prese con la fase della vita in cui ci si rende conto che l'età avanza e nulla si può fare per bloccare il tempo, Leigh, Emmy e Adriana, alquanto interessante. La caratterizzazione dei personaggi è ben resa, e come al soli
Allegra Hailey Green
Stupid, so so stupid. And boring.

I mean.... I didn't get this book because I thought it would be the next 'Great American Novel', I got it because it was on sale for 2 dollars and I thought it would be fun.

Ugh! What did I just read? I can't even explain how horrible it was so I will just stick to one point - the only halfway decent part of this novel is when one of the characters almost begins an affair while on business in England. She gets the guy's contact details, her friends joke about how
  • One Fifth Avenue
  • The Debutante Divorcee
  • Good Luck
  • Secrets of a Shoe Addict (Shoe Addict, #2)
  • Sleeping Arrangements
  • Misery Loves Cabernet (Charlize Edwards, #2)
  • The Smart One and the Pretty One
  • The Second Assistant: A Tale from the Bottom of the Hollywood Ladder
  • Girls' Night In
  • The Right Address
  • Diary of a Mad Bride
  • The Little Lady Agency and the Prince (The Little Lady Agency, #3)
Lauren Weisberger was born March 28, 1977, in Scranton, Pennsylvania, a locale recently made even more chic, if possible, by The Office. She was joined four years later by sister Dana, a.k.a. The Family Favorite, and moved to Allentown, Pennsylvania, at age eleven. At Parkland High School, Lauren participated in all sorts of projects, activities, and organizations for the sole purpose of padding h ...more
More about Lauren Weisberger...
The Devil Wears Prada (The Devil Wears Prada, #1) Everyone Worth Knowing Last Night at Chateau Marmont Revenge Wears Prada: The Devil Returns (The Devil Wears Prada, #2) The Devil Wears Prada / Everyone Worth Knowing

“He certainly seems like the perfect guy but none of that matters if he's not the perfect guy for you.” 38 likes
“Focus on yourself -- do what you want, when you want, without having to consider anyone else's agenda.” 35 likes