Start by marking “God Has A Wonderful Plan For Your Life” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
God Has A Wonderful Pl...

Ray Comfort

God Has A Wonderful Plan For Your Life

Why do 9 out of 10 children raised in Christian homes leave the Church? Why do many professing Christians show little or no evidence for their faith? Why do 80-90% of those making decisions for Christ fall away from the faith?For decades, the world's most popular gospel message has been drawing the lost by promising God's wonderful plan for their life. But behind the facad ...more
Paperback
Published 2000 by Living Waters

To ask other readers questions about God Has A Wonderful Plan For Your Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about God Has A Wonderful Plan For Your Life

Lacie
This book is excellent. Ray Comfort examines how we have forsaken the biblical gospel and embraced one that is man-centered and, hence, impotent - the primary purpose being our happiness, rather than God’s glory. Mr. Comfort discusses how this error is harming the church and handicapping evangelism. He stresses the need for a proper understanding of sin, the sinner’s state before God, and true, biblical repentance when sharing the gospel. Mr. Comfort nailed it exactly.

You can read it for free h
Jennifer Konie
May 11, 2013 Jennifer Konie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: any follower of Jesus
Recommended to Jennifer by: livingwaters.com
I thought I would be able to read this small book (124 pages) in a day! The content was so intense and important that it took about a week to get through! I highly recommend this book to anyone wanting to obey the command of the Great Commision! If this book doesn't stir your heart and soul into action, then you need to make sure you're still alive!!
Vikki Murray
Sep 17, 2011 Vikki Murray rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Before you read this book, set aside what you think you know about personal evangelism and judge what Ray Comfort says in this book according to the scriptures. This book is a short, but meaningful and logical reminder that God gave us everything we need in the scriptures. And Jesus modeled it all for us...if we only care to look.
Merrideth
Excellent reminder of Biblical sacrifice and personal sacrifice as a Christian. We come to the cross to acknowledge our sin and repent. We do people a disservice by pretending the Bible is all about happiness and love. Its even more important for people to know their inherent nature as to fully appreciate the sacrifice made on the cross.
Dawn
Jan 07, 2015 Dawn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
EXCELLENT read! I highly recommend every Believer read and heed this important message concisely contained and delivered in this short tome.
Leandro Guimarães Faria Corcete DUTRA
I wish I could give this one six stars. A superb indictement of false conversions caused by preaching a false gospel, lacking its foundation on the Law.
Patriot
Oct 27, 2010 Patriot rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Read it for Apologetics--it was awesome and I love Ray Comfort!
Michelle
Jan 02, 2013 Michelle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a good book. I borrowed it from my sister; she had received it as a birthday present. The book starts off with the statistics of the modern day church, how many fall away who were raised in the faith and how 80-90% of those who convert to Christianity at some point in their lives will also not stick with their decision. This book deals with the modern day way of preaching, the "wonderful life" message. In essence, this message is that, "You have a God-shaped hole in your life that you h ...more
Marguerite Harrell
Thankful that I read this book. I can see this is very important how we are to witness to others. This book is an eye opener. We all need to read this book if we do want to win the lost in a godly way without false kind of promise or false hope so that they will be one of the true convert instead of false convert thinking that they are saved.

It is a quick easy reading book to read and full of scriptures and how to witness to others by using the Law to convict them of their sins, and how they nee
Ron
Good message but an often misleading, sensational style. That modern evangelism is based on a flawed, if not outright un-Biblical model is readily apparent. (Churches I've attended have said as much for the last two decades.)

Good at documenting pop culture references (54 end notes, though some are self-references), but less thorough documenting scholarly or historic sources. (Some sounded so good that I might read more if the work had been identified.) Referred four times (on cover or in text) t
Nathan C.
Jul 10, 2012 Nathan C. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book exposes the shallowness of today's Christianity, and shows how unrealistic and contradictory it is to "catch souls" by telling them they'll lead a wonderful life if only they "accept Christ." It misrepresents the Bible, painting it as some sort of motivational success book, and it just plain doesn't work.

Ray Comfort speaks of the disillusionment of hundreds of thousands of converts to Christianity as they find that their problems DON'T disappear, they DON'T find the missing piece, and
Cary Gephart
Oct 12, 2015 Cary Gephart rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you are a pastor please read this book with an open Bible next to you at the same time. Examine the scriptures and see if what Mr. Comfort is teaching is true. For me personally I'd just like to say God bless Ray Comfort and his ministry! The principals explained, expounded and examined in this short read have enlightened me to the snares of the modern gospel message and caused me to set my feet firmly on the principle of law to the proud and grace to the humble. May I be more passionate for ...more
Jeremiah
Jan 26, 2015 Jeremiah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very similar to The way of the master book, a little shorter, watered down version but excellent.
R. L. Snowe
Dec 09, 2014 R. L. Snowe rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christian, favorite
This book was so wonderful and eye opening. I enjoyed it immensely.
Alex Tsai
Feb 04, 2015 Alex Tsai rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christian
Significance of law in sharing the gospel
Becky
Jun 13, 2016 Becky rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved reading Ray Comfort's God Has A Wonderful Plan for Your Life: The Myth of the Modern Message. The subtitle says it all in my opinion. We live in a culture and society that plays around with the gospel message, with the purity of the gospel message. Sometimes the problem isn't so much on what is being said as it is what is being left unsaid.

In Comfort's book, he argues that sinners--and let's be up front, that is what all of us are (Romans 3:23)--don't need to hear the gospel message. I'
Jerome Bushnell
Sep 22, 2016 Jerome Bushnell rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Changed my perspective on biblical Christianity vs. false conversion. Hard to put down. A great read
Jimmy
They say one should not judge a book by it's cover--but with this book by Ray Comfort, the cover speaks volume, illustrating while the irony and tension of the unbiblical nature of the contemporary Evangelical evangelism method of saying "God has a wonderful plan for your life" with the picture of the stoning of the first Christian martyr Stephen. The contrast of Biblical teaching of evangelism and the modern "God has a wonderful plan for your life" message couldn't be ever capture more beatiful ...more
Lillie
Ray Comfort says that we do a disservice to nonbelievers and believers alike when our message focuses on God's "wonderful plan for [our] lives." Too many people miss out on the Gospel message of our sin and God's holiness and come to expect only a "wonderful life" designed by God. They're not told that Jesus warned us to expect tribulation in this life. Their faith falters when they encounter real life that may be very different from the mythical "wonderful life" they expect. This little book is ...more
William
Jan 09, 2015 William rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Throughout much of church history, Christians have been persecuted. Even today, many Christians are persecuted around the world with the exception of the few in western countries. The modern property preachers's "different" gospel could not be preach to many Christians around the world. This book should be a warning to American western Christians of things that could come our way.

Jan 29, 2014 Sarah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very eye opening! A very insightful look at the modern watered down gospel and how it happened and what we can do to preach the Gospel Biblically. Ray shows us that God's law needs to be presented first (the ten commandments) to bring a person to contrite repentance and not so they will come to know Christ for a better life. Will be evangelizing this way from now on! A must read for every sincere Christian to witness God's way.
Pablo Gutierrez
Nov 17, 2016 Pablo Gutierrez rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recomendadísimo. Habia visto a Ray Comfort alguna vez, en algún especial de T.V. y llegué a criticar su forma de evangelismo.

Al leer este libro, me doy cuenta que alguna vez yo también fui un falso convertido y que lo que relata a la luz de las escrituras, es precisamente lo que me había pasado: todo era magnífico pero no había dirigido mis ojos a la ley.

A partir de ahora, cada vez que hable de las buena noticia, no dejaré de hablr primero de la mala.
Mike
Jul 05, 2014 Mike rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An excellent, concise critique of the modern American Gospel which promises a life of bliss and no pain. Instead this book outlines the biblical message which begins with a presentation of God's law in order to shine a light on every person's need for Christ's salvation. Show the person to be guilty and then share the good news of the son of God's substitutionary death. That saves souls!
Cinda
Dec 31, 2012 Cinda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've read this little book twice this week after receiving it for Christmas from my sister-in-law. It deals with the issue of telling others about the gospel and gave me understanding about the use of the Law in true conversions. I highly recommend it to anyone interested in leading others to Christ.
Lisa
Jan 23, 2013 Lisa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Christians
This book is an absolute must read for Christians! It exposes the watered down, false gospel running rampant in our country today that is creating untold numbers of false converts and reveals, through the teachings of Jesus, the way to present the true gospel to create a genuine child of God (God does the creating).
Alex
Oct 31, 2014 Alex rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I didn't even finish it because it wasn't very good. The Lord gave me a message through it from the first couple chapters but I was disappointed in the book due to the author forgetting the Word of God is all God breathed. Totally forgetting the miracles of the gospels and the amazing power we hold within us through Christ. Wasn't worth finishing to me, had other things to read.
Adam Gray
Dec 23, 2013 Adam Gray rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: evangelism
This is one of the easiest reads regarding evangelism that you will find. It serves not only as a great addition to your Christian library but as a perfect tool to reach out to other Christians regarding the biblical use of the Law in evangelism.
Patricia
Jan 20, 2012 Patricia rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
Refuting the methods of modern evangelism. The law is our schoolmaster and causes us to see how much we fall short of God's holiness. Presenting the gospel without the law of God can get many decisions made for Christ but far too many false converts.
Francisco
Jan 01, 2013 Francisco rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A succinct treatise on why people come to the Lord and walk away after beginning their spiritual journey. The author argues that preachers have equivocally presented a gospel of happiness and wonders undermining the gospel's central focus of repentance...and I agree!
Andrea
Sep 02, 2012 Andrea rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christian-help
Next to Voddie Bauchman, Ray Comfort has become my favorite Christian author. I really liked this book. It has made me think differently about how I witness to others, how I disciple my children, and how I view my own salvation. I really enjoyed this and would reccomed this for anyone.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Justification and Regeneration
  • The Gospel's Power & Message (Recovering the Gospel)
  • Family Shepherds: Calling and Equipping Men to Lead Their Homes
  • Jesus the Evangelist: Learning to Share the Gospel from the Book of John
  • Law and Liberty
  • The King James Only Controversy: Can You Trust the Modern Translations?
  • Always Ready: Directions For Defending The Faith
  • Why Pro-Life?: Caring for the Unborn and Their Mothers (Today's Critical Concerns)
  • One Thing You Can't Do in Heaven
  • Evangelicalism Divided: A Record of Crucial Change in the Years 1950 to 2000
  • Morning by Morning
  • Baptist Confession of Faith 1689: Or the Second London Confession with Scripture Proofs (Revised)
  • The Truth War: Fighting for Certainty in an Age of Deception
  • Pocket Dictionary of Theological Terms
  • Culture Shift: Engaging Current Issues with Timeless Truth (Today's Critical Concerns)
  • The Power of a Positive Wife
  • Abortion: A Rational Look At An Emotional Issue
  • Life's Ultimate Questions: An Introduction to Philosophy
Ray Comfort is a Christian.
He is also the founder of Living Waters Publications. After relocating from New Zealand to Southern California in the late 1980s, Ray introduced a long line of pastors and churches to a biblical teaching which he called Hell's Best Kept Secret. From humble beginnings, Living Waters has become an internationally recognized ministry, reaching the lost and equipping Christi
More about Ray Comfort...

“When the gospel is preached, there will be true and false conversions.” 1 likes
“What a tragedy that he thought the precious blood of the Savior was shed simply to make him happy in this life, rather than to make him prepared for the next one.” 0 likes