Start by marking “Triple Whammy Cure” as Want to Read:
Triple Whammy Cure

Triple Whammy Cure

3.94 of 5 stars 3.94  ·  rating details  ·  18 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Body and mind beware: relentless stress, shifty hormones, and dwindling serotonin spell big trouble for the idle. Blending conventional and alternative methods to squash their threat, Dr. David Edelberg presents The Triple Whammy Cure, a comprehensive plan for lifelong physical and mental well-being. Edelberg's work aims to help women, especially, who suffer from moderate ...more
Published December 20th 2005 by Free Press (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Triple Whammy Cure, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Triple Whammy Cure

Tiffanie
Here in my seeming stressful life, this book was a great help as I searched to find out why I was having breakdowns: women suffer from the TRIPLE WHAMMY of:

1) stress
2) low serotonin
3) shifting female hormones.

These three things together cause women to feel either

apathy (overwhelmed, no energy to do anything)
- or -
anxious (stressed out!

(Yup, those are my two emotions most of the time!)

So, how to treat the triple whammy:

1) develop healthy strategies to deal with stress (communication, call
Karen
This was really accessible and an enjoyable read. I've been implementing some of the advice, and so far so good. I appreciate that the authors are respectful to both "conventional" and alternative medicine, and the book was presented in a logical way.

The only bone I have to pick is that the authors rely on gender stereotypes about ancient hunter-gathers; that is, women stayed inside raising children while men went out to hunt and gather to explain the differences in men's and women's brain chem
Sharon
Can you tell where I've been lately? A great stress handbook specifically for women. Trained in Western medicine, but open to holistic healing, this guy has great insight and advice. His steps are relatively straight-forward and focus mostly on raising serotonin levels- a few supplements, 20-minute daily walks, and a selection of stress relievers. I especially appreciated the concise explanation of the whole candida debate.
Betsy
Good explanations of why women's bodies break down from stress. I like that Dr. Edelberg started a holistic practice when he found alternative treatments working for himself and his patients. I like that he includes some alternative treatments like Reiki and guided imagery. This book was recommended to me by Suzanne Fraker, a Colorsound/Colorpuncture practitioner.
Susan
This book said that chronic stress, low seratonin and fluctuating hormones are the root cause of some women feeling crummy alot of the time. I agree with much of what it said, but like other health/diet books, it requires quite a bit more than I'm willing to give to achieve the 'cure' right now.
Sara
Hormones, stress, serotonin...oh my. Very worthwhile read if you are a woman or know a woman.
Carole
Carole marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2014
Joy
Joy marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2014
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2014
Chris
Chris added it
Nov 01, 2014
Dana Wilmoth
Dana Wilmoth marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2014
andrea
andrea marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2014
Lee S
Lee S added it
Apr 07, 2014
Christine
Christine marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2014
Beth
Beth marked it as to-read
May 14, 2013
Jlynn
Jlynn added it
Oct 09, 2013
Tara
Tara marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2013
Megan
Megan added it
Jan 21, 2013
Emilie
Emilie marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2011
Healing Fibromyalgia 101 Ways To Lower Your Cholesterol: Easy Tips That Allow You To Take Control, Reduce Risk, And Live Longer The Everything Digestive Health Book: What You Need to Know to Eat Well, Be Healthy, and Feel Great 101 Ways to Lower Your Cholesterol: Easy Tips that Allow You to Take Control, Reduce Risk, and Live Longer Faster, Better Healing: How to Combine the World's Most Powerful Cures to Remedy Common Ailments as Quickly as Possible