Start by marking “The Sheriff's Surrender” as Want to Read:
The Sheriff's Surrender

The Sheriff's Surrender (Heartbreak Canyon #4)

With his sexy grin and considerable charm, Reese Barnett could make a woman swoon. Neely Madison could attest to that. She'd once been desperately in love with the rugged lawman, but then came the tragedy Reese refused to forgive...and Neely couldn't forget. Now, with a vengeful killer barely a step behind, Neely's life was in Reese's hands.

Neely was the last person Reese
Published April 1st 2001 by Silhouette Books

To ask other readers questions about The Sheriff's Surrender, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Sheriff's Surrender

♥~♥Geri ~ the Racy Lit Reader ♥~♥
4 stars!!

I had a hard time rating this book because of the hero's actions which led to major angst.I felt that I should be indignant because of what he did but honestly, I kinda gave it a pass since it was consistent with his character.

Reese Barnett is a stubborn, mule-headed, set-in-his-ways, small town sheriff. Nine years ago, he did something unforgivable walking out on the woman he professed to love just when she needed him the most. I know that sounds like your standard hero walk-out, but
Marajean
May 07, 2012 Marajean rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The hero of this story was a deputy, the heroine was a criminal defense attorney and they were together. One day the heroine decided to defend a guy who abused his wife because all the little deputy people went to pick him up, didn't read him his miranda rights, and then decided to give him a little payback by kicking the crap out of him while in custody.

So the heroine gets the guy off, and as they are leaving the courthouse, he MAGICALLY pulls out a gun and shoots his wife, killing her. And the
KatieV
3.5 stars rounded up.

It's rare that a series romance causes me to think. I freely admit they're mind candy. Something you can start reading after dinner to wind down from a stressful day and finish by bedtime. Often, I honestly have to read my own review to remember if I've read one or not. There are a few that stand out to me, but often the stories and titles jumble together.

I don't think I'm spoiling anything by discussing the main conflict as it's revealed pretty much right off the bat.

The he
Dinjolina
The hero of this book was just....just....just....oh, I have no words!
If he were a real life person I would beat him up on the spot.Him and his mussings ruined the book for me. :(
Diane
i had heard about this book on one of my amazon fora, and decided to read it, to see if the hero had betrayed the heroine as badly as other readers seemed to think. to make a long story short--yes, he did, but he eventually redeemed himself, though he did not grovel nearly long enough.
Rachel
Dec 28, 2015 Rachel rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Couldn't get past the hero's actions towards the heroine.

Arsehole hero.
Stupid heroine.

Had no idea why she even loved him after everything he had done. Never felt he was sorry. Yes there was some guilt but there was nothing in his actions that made me think he was trying to make it up to her.
Crystal
Aug 02, 2012 Crystal rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

This book has a reputation, which was actually why I got it - rubbernecking, reader style. :D

Basic plot - H keeps h hidden and thus safe, from ex con who has issues with the fact she put him away for 5 years.

Obstacle - H/h were item 9 years previously when a disagreement about what constitutes justice had him leaving her bleeding on the courthouse steps. As betrayals go, that's a doozy, and while I can understand the concept of forgiveness, trust is something else, and the feeling that
DA4Pups
I liked this one. I've read many reviews and discussions on this one and was prepared to hate it. Did I mention that 1-2 star reviews often intrigue me - sometimes I have to read to see for myself.

H had been a famous baseball player - adored by fans and women. After he was injured and couldn't play anymore, he worked in corrupt sheriff's office as rookie cop. h is public defender with a troubled past (why she became a lawyer and specifically a public defender). H/h met and fell in love.

During a
Rachel
Jul 26, 2015 Rachel rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: worst-hero
Amy Blann
Amy Blann rated it it was amazing
Feb 01, 2015
Edna
Edna rated it it was ok
Jun 18, 2014
Donnie
Donnie rated it really liked it
Jun 15, 2015
Wanda Sabin
Wanda Sabin rated it liked it
Feb 22, 2015
Iris Hehe
Iris Hehe rated it it was amazing
Aug 15, 2008
Beth
Beth rated it it was ok
Jan 27, 2013
Othena  ~~ Lady McReadsalot
Othena ~~ Lady McReadsalot rated it really liked it
Mar 17, 2010
Cynthia
Cynthia rated it really liked it
Sep 30, 2008
Katie
Jan 02, 2015 Katie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
really loved the developing story line and would love to read about his undersheriff
Debbie Hodge
Debbie Hodge rated it it was amazing
May 17, 2013
Sharon Mignerey
Sharon Mignerey rated it really liked it
Jul 21, 2009
Saly
Saly rated it liked it
Jun 23, 2011
Fannie
Fannie rated it liked it
Nov 04, 2012
Jessie
Jessie rated it really liked it
Nov 17, 2012
Nicole
Nicole rated it really liked it
May 17, 2015
Dani
Dani rated it it was amazing
Aug 28, 2015
Bergamont
Bergamont rated it really liked it
Dec 06, 2015
Armida
Armida rated it it was ok
Mar 02, 2016
Jojo
Jojo rated it liked it
Jul 18, 2012
Gad
Gad rated it did not like it
Jun 28, 2013
shms
shms rated it liked it
Oct 05, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »

Heartbreak Canyon (7 books)
  • Cattleman's Promise (Heartbreak Canyon, #1)
  • The Horseman's Bride (Heartbreak Canyon, #2)
  • Rogue's Reform (Heartbreak Canyon, #3)
  • Lawman's Redemption (Heartbreak Canyon, #5)
  • One True Thing (Heartbreak Canyon, #6)
  • The Bluest Eyes in Texas (Heartbreak Canyon, #7)