Start by marking “Turn the Other Cheek (911, #3)” as Want to Read:
Turn the Other Cheek (911, #3)

Turn the Other Cheek (911 #3)

4.02 of 5 stars 4.02  ·  rating details  ·  308 ratings  ·  36 reviews
In this sequel to the popular Cheek to Cheek, Mallory and Will have moved past dating, though it's still a race to hit the sheets every time they look at each other. Trouble is brewing, however, since hitting the sheets is a no-no for firefighters who work together. Will is ready to move forward, to tell the world that they're together, but Mallory is still trying to keep ...more
Published September 8th 2010 by Torquere Books

To ask other readers questions about Turn the Other Cheek, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Turn the Other Cheek

Serena Yates
If the first volume of Will and Mallory's story (Cheek to Cheek) was all about the initial meeting and beginning of their relationship, this second volume was like their coming of age. Relationship-wise, that is.

Mallory is still struggling with this "commitment thing", even though his issues with it now seem limited to the few occasions that some outsider or an event reminds him of it. It takes him a long time, and Will putting his foot down, to actually confront his own fears. When he does, I l

Overall, I still liked it. I was not expecting the climax and the eventual ending. And to be honest, this was drawn out a little long. I got bored with some parts. But thank goodness the last 25% made up for it.

A feel good follow up!

Ije the Devourer of Books
I bought this ages ago I was so pleased to be able to get to it and re-visit Mal and Will the fire fighters who are now an established couple.

In this second book Mal and Will are working through the implications of their relationship and the impact of this on their work and family life. It isn't just about coming out as gay but it is also about finding time for each other, having to work different shifts and also having to plan for one of them to move to a different station.

After the beginning o
A perfect, mushy romance with well fleshed out characters and just enough conflict to keep things interesting. Highly recommended.
Indie Reviews

3.5 Stars

Turn The Other Cheek is the sequel to Cheek To Cheek in which Chris Owen picks up Mal and Will’s story several months into their relationship.

As with the first book, Turn The Other Cheek is well written and told from Mal’s point of view. One of the distinguishing traits of this author is her ability to dig deep into her characters and provide rich character perspectives and this is exactly what she does with the character of Mal. Chris Owen delves into this character to provide the read
A sweet continuation from the previous book. Nice, but not quite as good as the others.
Much more entertaining than the first Will and Mallory book, Cheek to Cheek, as it has more depth in it and a very interesting look into the difficulties of managing a career as a firefighter and a relationship with a colleague at the same time. I love Chris Owen's writing - always have - and I'm so glad she's published this sequel because I've missed her writing quite a lot since Acquired Tastes.
Tracy~Bayou Book Junkie
This is the conclusion of Mal and Will's story. We watch Mal struggle in this book with his feelings for Will. He wants Will, just not the label of a boyfriend(this word nearly chokes him to say).

Mal and Will continue to work together, but as the relationship gets more serious and the words "I Love You" are spoken, it's time for one or the other to transfer. How will there co-workers take the news of the couple?

This was a great conclusion to the story. I enjoyed getting to see Drew, from book
I really enjoyed this wonderful sequel to Cheek to Cheek.

I loved seeing Mal and Will's relationship develop. They convinced me to believe in them as a couple, and I even came to like Mal a lot more than I did while reading the first book. There's no added drama here—the plot is driven by inner conflict, mainly Mal's struggle to accept that he really does want to commit to Will, even though he went into their "arrangement" with an entirely different attitude. I liked that the book was truly only
Jan 24, 2011 Tam rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: m-m
3.5 Stars

This is the follow-up to Cheek to Cheek. Mal and Will have fallen into a comfortable relationship but they finally realize they have to tell their boss as it's against the rules to have couples working on the same shift. Mal's not thrilled as he keeps his personal life private, but they have no choice. In general people are okay with it, although Will's brother still seems to hate Mal for being white. When it's time to take the next step, Mal freaks and does something hurtful. Will's en
Great ending to a wonderful series. Now that Mal has overcome his commitment issues he and Will can finally get on with their lives. Makes me smile!

Both Cheek to Cheek by Chris Owen and this book are told mostly from Mals POV. I would have liked to know why Will let his brother Don interfere with he and Mal's relationship when he did, and just a little more of what Will was thinking. I also had one tiny problem with the author's memory. I could've sworn that in the first book Mal and Trish were MARRIED and split up when
I'm glad their HFN ending turned into a HEA in this book.

I wondered how Mal would adjust. Because let's be honest. I was barley believing the HFN ending from the last book.

This book almost read as a gay episode of Chicago Fire. Lots of in depth on to the shift work of a fireman. Most of the time their jobs get lost within the story. This takes center stage.

It was good to watch them work at getting it right. I have to say I was shocked by the ending. The thought of it never even crossed my min
This was as good as book 2, its more of Will and Mal, and them realizing that alot of things are going to change. Mal has some serious decisions to make about where he wants to work and how commited he is to Will and their relationship. These two really are a fun couple, they're hot and very loveable. The boys from the first book are in here as a cameo, but it was nice to see them that way. Good book.
Apr 13, 2014 Eve rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: m-m
Great ending for this wonderful couple. Mal finally grew up and stopped acting like a scared kid when it comes to relationships. Loved the ending. :)
Readers Roundtable
At 233 pages, this follow-up to the popular Cheek to Cheek by Chris Owen delivers on its promise to give us more of the main characters and answer some of the issues raised by the first novella. If you've liked Cheek to Cheek then I definitely recommend picking up Turn The Other Cheek without even reading the rest of this review: Chris Owen's writing is so consistent that the transition between the two books is seamless. You won't even realise you've picked up another book, as opposed to just fu ...more
Felicia (Ferishia)
Firefighters *sighs* how sexhay! I love the way Chris Owens writes! This takes place in the 911 universe, so if you haven't read that one or Cheek to Cheek, you will be lost. I HIGHLY rec 911 (delicious 3some!).

More Will and Mallory. This time their relationship gets deeper and more involved. They are still not 'out' at work yet, and that's just fine with Mallory. But Will sees their relationship in a different light. Not that he thinks everyone should know, but he doesn't want to hide from anyo
Wendy Ann
I loved this sequel for Mal and Will! In fact, one of the things that really struck me was how subtly the story approaches the fact that this is an interracial couple. It’s not something that’s in your face – they are just two guys first and foremost – but, I loved that diversity could be shown in such a positive light. They’ve come a long way in being together and out to others. Their passion for dance and for each other just made my heart happy. A great ending for a great couple. Loved it!
Barb ~rede-2-read~
This was a very enjoyable follow-up to Cheek to Cheek. I almost didn't read it because the description looked like the MC's, Mal and Will, were going to spend most of the story in angst-induced hurt. That was not the case, however. This story builds on the relationship started in the original and takes them to the ultimate HEA. I'll be reading their story, both books, again in future.
Kaje Harper
This book was a sweet, satisfying conclusion to Cheek to Cheek. It lacked some of the emotional events that intensify my very favorite books. Most of the conflict was internal, with Mal not able to sort out exactly what he wants and needs and can live with. This books handles that better than most, precisely by making it an obstacle but not deep, traumatic angst. It fit the man and the story, and resulted in a warm, sometimes funny, very believable love story.
A lovely conclusion to the story!!
The story came to a lovely ending. Mal grew up and sorted his issues out. Will gave him the push and the love he needed.
A good sequel and ending to the series!!
This was a great follow up to Mal and Will's story! Really fun and sweet read. These guys are perfect for each other. Will was so patient in hanging in there with Mal who came so far from what he had done in his previous relationships.

Lots of hot loving again but the writing so clearly showed how these guys just fit. It was also fun to get some scenes with the 911 guys with Drew helping Will and Mal out.
Another superfabulous book by Chris Owen! I absolutly LOVE Mal and Will. The last book was good, and this one got better. I can not get enough of reading about the two of them. And we got little appearances but Drew, Scott, and Erik. Mal struggles with commitment, but in the end love always wins. If you enjoyed the first two, you are sure to enjoy this one.
I think the actual plot in this book could have easily been included in the previous installment. There were some nice, plot-moving, character building moments for the couple which I enjoyed but mostly, this was them shagging(which became a little repetitive after a while and I ended up skipping over a fair chunk of the story). Nice ending to their story, though.
Chris Owen wrote some of my favorite m/m romance novels. "Turn the other cheek" is a continuation of "Cheek to cheek" and a spin off of "911". I would recommend this series highly. For those who like tame m/m this is not your series. There are many sex scenes, but they have a purpose. That's right a plot and great characters.
four stars.
Elizabeth H.
Just exactly right. Doesn't pretend to be anything it isn't, but thoroughly takes the reader on a delightful, lighthearted, romantic journey. There aren't many who do this sort of story better than Chris Owen. Turn the Other Cheek strongly reminds me of another one of her novels, Shady Ridge and the Neon Sky. I gave that one five stars too.
In this sequel to Cheek to Cheek, the author continues the story of Will and Mal. Honestly, I think Cheek to Cheek and Turn the other Cheek could've been one book with a lot of editing. There really wasn't enough in it, in my opinion, to merit a separate story. Again, not a bad story, just not enough substance for me.
Dec 16, 2012 Nic rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: mm, series
This 3rd book in the 911 series concludes the story of Mallory and Will. As per Cheek to Cheek, it lacked any real excitement and felt a bit flat. It had a lovely happy ending but this seemed a bit forced as Mal went from fearing commitment to (view spoiler) overnight without any real explanation of why.
Librarian Kate
Loved the "what'd I do?" moments for Mal, and the process of Mal and Will deciding what they want from each other. The fact that this is set in Canada makes me sad, tho....I'd love it if more stories set in the US could have the same ending.

This is the 3rd book in the series following Cheek to Cheek. I enjoyed both of these although not as much as the first book in the series, 911. That one I loved!
This was a good sequel to Cheek to Cheek. In fact, I liked it better than the first book.
  • On Fire II: Still Burning (On Fire, #2)
  • Heat (Firefighters, #1)
  • Red Lights and Silver Bells (EMS Heat, #6)
  • Hearts Afire: January
  • Aidan and Ethan (Seeking Redemption, #1)
  • Blue Fire
  • Fire on the Mountain (Mountain, #1)
  • Baked (Hammer, #7)
  • Inland Empire (Taking the Odds, #2)
  • Breaking Cover (Life Lessons, #2)
  • Duty & Devotion  (Faith, Love, & Devotion, #3)
  • Packing Heat
  • Fire Balls  (Balls to the Wall, #2)
I live and write in eastern Canada. I went to a bunch of schools, learned a lot of things, and now make stuff up because not to do so is unthinkable. I'm fond of fountain pens, Levenger's Circa system, and Steampunk fashions. Lately I've been watching a lot of Discovery channel. I've seen every episode of CSI Las Vegas and New York, but I'm not terribly keen on CSI Miami. It might be due to weathe ...more
More about Chris Owen...

911 (4 books)
  • 911 (911, #1)
  • Cheek to Cheek (911, #2)
  • 911 short: VALENTINE
Bareback (Bareback, #1) Submission (Deviations, #1) 911 (911, #1) Domination (Deviations, #2) Natural Disaster (Bareback, #2)