Start by marking “Supernatural: Beginning's End” as Want to Read:
Supernatural: Beginning's End

Supernatural: Beginning's End (Supernatural Graphic Novel #3)

3.92 of 5 stars 3.92  ·  rating details  ·  160 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Dean and Sam Winchester were raised as hunters by their widowed father, seeking vengeance on the supernatural elements that took their mother from them. But the road to vengeance is a dark one...
Published November 26th 2010 by Titan Books Ltd (first published September 14th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Supernatural, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Supernatural

Andrew
Beginning's End is a prequel to the Supernatural series - it begins with Sam graduating from high school and ends with him leaving for Stanford. The majority of the story takes place in New York City, which is a nice change of pace from the small towns generally featured on the show. We get to meet some new hunters, the ones who take care of the city, but mainly the story is about John Winchester and his sons.

Sam and his dad have a very rocky relationship, primarily because of John's obsession o
Clover
Chapter One: Takes place in 2001. The Winchester's are in New York to track down a guy John thought he killed in '93. John Dee and into black magic. John hopes he will give him a lead on Mary's killer.

Sam is angry that they had to leave two days before his graduation.

They go to Dee's place and are attacked by some mysterious dude with a black fedora. He escapes but leaves purple blood.

At the hotel, Sam reads his Stanford acceptance letter. Dean asks when he's going to show it to their dad. A hun
Anne
Great prequel story that tells us more about the Winchesters prior to the TV series pilot. Got to love the twist and turns behind what happened before John Winchester disappeared in the TV series. Fans of the show should check out this graphic novel.
Vivienne
Jan 31, 2012 Vivienne rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: fans of Supernatural
I picked this up on a whim seeing it recently on a graphic novel display at my local library a few days back.

I am a fan of the TV series in that I watch it when it gets transmitted in UK about a year after USA and buy the DVD box sets when they drop to bargain price. I have some friends who live and breath the series and attend conventions but my appreciation is not at that level.

As a result I don't feel I need to know all that much about the back story of the show's characters, so this graphic
Summer Robinson
I swear these just make you hate John Winchester, and make you feel super bad for Dean. You can tell it just SUCKED for Dean trying to keep his family together. This is an enjoyable novel that fills in the gap of how Sam ended up leaving for college, however, the John that is in this doesn't really match the John we meet in the show. The John in this to be blunt is a total asshole and crappy father, which isn't what we get in the show. Good for hard core fans who love having more Supernatural b ...more
Chrissy
Having just finished reading this I don't know if I can give coherent thoughts on the work in question, as I am busy making high pitched noises in praise of the book.

The art is much more crisp than the previous volumes, and the expressions more readable.

The story is better flowing as well like a true episode.

The characters are really starting to look, and sound like the ones I know and love.

If you can get your hands on it grab fast, and enjoy.
Saphirablue
Robin Conley
I love supernatural, so it was interesting and fun to see a story of the characters from the show in this format. The only trouble I had was reconciling everything that happened here, with things from the show. I know it's not perfectly overlapping, but it was still enjoyable. The art was well done also, so it made it fun to look at. Overall, perfect for anyone who likes Supernatural.
Stacy
Again, more like 3.5 stars. In this TPB, the boys are all grown up and Sam has just received his Stanford acceptance letter. This story explores Sam's decision to leave hunting for college, and how John reacts/pushes all along the way. Has some hunts by the boys without John, and we meet Yellow Eyes for the first time.
Adeva Lewis
Really feel for Dean in this, he is stuck between Sam and his dad. And turns out John told Sam to go to Stanford to toughen him up and keep him out of play for a while, you even see that town Sam gets kidnapped and ends up with all the other special children. Weird....how much did John know but never told them.
Most distressing Supernatural comic ever, I don't even. The level of hatred it creates towards John Winchester is just immense and you really just want to hug Dean forever because nobody ever treated him right.
Beth
eh... the art was nothing special, the story is unremarkable however it does shed a little light onto why Sammy left his family to go to Stanford. This book just illustrates the tensions between John, Dean, and Sam.
Emma Rose
Oh my god the last few pages of this comic were just a thrill to read and so so good, Seriously, if your a fan of this series then this is the comic for you, you won't believe the final few pages.
Jacqueline
I WANT TO READ THESE NOW!!!! Instantly, immediately, absolutely this very moment!
Maria
Most distressing tie-in I have ever read
stephanie
this made me want greasy chinese food.
Morgan Buechler
Morgan Buechler marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
Ana Lovett.
Ana Lovett. marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2014
Madeleine Hernandez-g
Madeleine Hernandez-g marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2014
Expendableavenger
Expendableavenger marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2014
Bear
Bear marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2014
Chimen Kouri
Chimen Kouri marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2014
Gemma Benavent galbis
Gemma Benavent galbis marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2014
  • Rising Son
  • Supernatural: The Official Companion Season 5 (Supernatural : The Official Companion, #5)
  • Supernatural: The Dogs of Edinburgh
  • Supernatural: Bobby Singer's Guide to Hunting
  • One Year Gone (Supernatural, #7)
  • The Supernatural Book of Monsters, Spirits, Demons, and Ghouls
  • Coyote's Kiss (Supernatural, #8)
  • TV Goes to Hell: An Unofficial Road Map of Supernatural
  • Beyond Wonderland
  • Night Terror (Supernatural, #9)
  • Heart of the Dragon (Supernatural, #4)
  • In the Hunt : Unauthorized Essays on Supernatural (Smart Pop Series)
  • Witch's Canyon (Supernatural, #2)
Supernatural -  Beginning's End Issue #1 Supernatural - Beginning's End Issue #2 El retorno de los dragones (Dragonlance Chronicles, #1) Dungeons & Dragons: Forgotten Realms - Legends of Drizzt Omnibus Volume 2 La Tumba de Huma (Cronicas de la Dragonlance, #4)