Start by marking “Bayou Moon (The Edge, #2)” as Want to Read:
Bayou Moon (The Edge, #2)

Bayou Moon (The Edge #2)

4.09 of 5 stars 4.09  ·  rating details  ·  14,625 ratings  ·  969 reviews
The Edge lies between worlds, on the border between the Broken, where people shop at Walmart and magic is a fairytale–and the Weird, where blueblood aristocrats rule, changelings roam, and the strength of your magic can change your destiny…

Cerise Mar and her unruly clan are cash poor but land rich, claiming a large swathe of the Mire, the Edge swamplands between the state
Published September 28th 2010 by Ace (first published September 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Bayou Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bayou Moon

Divergent by Veronica RothThe Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsHarry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. RowlingGraceling by Kristin CashoreCity of Bones by Cassandra Clare
Original Stories . . . a Breath of Fresh Air
467th out of 3,683 books — 6,326 voters
Worth the Fall by Claudia ConnorSeduction and Snacks by Tara SivecNever Too Far by Abbi GlinesLaw Man by Kristen AshleyMotorcycle Man by Kristen Ashley
Children In Romance
75th out of 254 books — 152 voters

More lists with this book...

Jessica ❁ Elsecaller ❁ at Rabid Reads
So here's the problem with Ilona rereads--I have a vague recollection of not liking this book as much as I usually like an Ilona book (still liked it, of course, but I think we've established that Ilona operates under a different set of standards), but I cannot, for the life of me, remember why . . .

Not much of a problem, I know (that's the point).

So we're back in the Edge. With William this time.<-----that's right, there's a POV change. FYI.

Two years have passed since we were last in the Ed
Jo ★The Book Sloth★
5 IA Can Do No Wrong Stars

Re-read with the awesome IAA gang.

I was sooooooooooo late for this. I barely finished before the 3rd book BR started BUT it was awesome so I regret nothing!xx

I think IA is gradually becoming my favorite author!! Once again I loved her book. William was... Well Meg Ryan can show you!

Cerise was a very likable heroine. She is smart, responsible, loyal and pretty. I like the fact that although IA gives her heroines
✘✘ Sarah ✘✘ (former Nefarious Breeder of Murderous Crustaceans)
Buddy read with my crazy eye candy IA Addicts girls starting Jan 26, 2015.

I'm very sorry but I have no idea what to do with this review. It's been almost a week since I finished the book. I don't know how to rate it. I don't know what to say about it. I don't know what to do. Okay. Breathe Sarah, breathe.

So. Bayou Moon. First scene? IA wonderland. Because who else would come up with the idea of a werewolf having a conversation with the action figure army on his porch? Only the Andrews.
William s
Robin (Bridge Four)
Buddy Read/reread beginning January 26 with all my fellow addicts at Ilona Andrews Addicts (IAA)

This is a private group but PM me if you want to join in on the fun.

Again I loved it even more the second time through. There are a few slow spots here and there but I loved

The Hobo Queen
Lord Leather Pants
The Little Lark Monster *you break my heart*
In-Laws worse than the Beverly Hill Billies
Awesome Granny (I'm starting a fan club for all the awesome IA Grannies)
VoUGMaS (Villains of Unusual Gene
Kat Kennedy
It's hard to categorize how I felt about Bayou Moon.

On one hand I absolutely loved it. I loved the relationship between Cerise and William. I did adore Declan from On The Edge, but I loved William's vulnerability and dedication more. Reading and seeing William find his happily ever after was absolutely delightful.

[image error]
Also, werewolves are kind of awesome...

But between bouts of schizophrenic awesomeness were periods of meh. Let me try to explain. Most of this novel was just so great that
I had too-high hopes for Bayou Moon. That must be it, right?

I've been anticipating Moon since On the Edge. William's wolfy thought-processes are endearing, and he's just vulnerable enough without stepping into woe-is-me territory, even if he does think to himself one time too many that he's not worthy. He's earned at least that much, maintaining his humanity despite rearing as a child soldier at Hawk's Academy.

Female lead Cerise similarly bears up under pressure in the swamp as head of some two
Mrs. Badass
447 pages...woah. A Long book!

4 Stars this was a great read!

I can't classify The Edge Series. It isn't Urban, it isn't Paranormal. It isn't Romance.

I could try to classify this book as 'Swampy Magical Fantasy', but I doubt there are other books out there that would fit into this new category. I suppose I could agree with Gordon and say it is Rustic Fantasy. I think it suits this particular story anyway.

Ilona and Gordon have written a complex miasma filled with Political Intrigue, Fantastic M
Initial thoughts: Another Ilona Andrews book I thoroughly enjoyed!!! I liked this one better than the last Edge book, which I totally loved. Review to come.

Actual rating: 4 I-Always-Leave-IA-Books-Feeling-Happy stars. No story spoilers.

Content photo: Lady and the tramp: sleeping tumblr_lk1c582Sz91qh7ceyo1_500.gif

I've read plenty of IA books at this point. I've yet to write a "real" review for one. I always end up gushing. SorryNotSorry. I love the way they write. It hits that booknerd happy spot inside me. You know exactly what I'm talking about. That spot deep i
There are a lot of things that I enjoyed about Bayou Moon. The world building was incredible. Ilona Andrews (and her husband Gordon) are a very imaginative duo. When they build a world, they fully immerse the reader in that world. Bayou Moon is a world of swamps, mud, strange creatures, eccentric characters, and magic.

Bayou Moon takes place two years after On the Edge. For those who have not read these books, The Edge is a place that exists as kind of a buffer zone between our world (The Broken
Anzu The Great Destroyer
Ilona Andrews has to be my between my most favorite authors because I’ve yet to read one of her books and rate it under four stars. I absolutely love this woman. No wait, let me rephrase. I absolutely love this team (since Mr. Gordon is helping with the books as well).

As you probably know, I am not a Romance chick. I actually can say that I kind of hate the Romance genre. I can count on one hand the total number of Romance books I actually liked. But The Edge, my friends… this is the way I like
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja)
William's story lived up to my expectations. He is a very cool character that more or less stole the show from the hero in On the Edge. Not that Declan wasn't a perfectly good hero. Well, he was a bit more 'golden boy' than I like my heroes. But he worked for Rose. As for personal taste, I go with William!

What can I say? I like 'em edgy. I appreciated how the Andrews shaped Williams character and showed all his textures and layers. One would think that a changeling would be a pretty basic guy,
(Contents: one fairly quick sex scene, violence, lots of gruesome gore, minimal swearing, if any)

Of the four books in the series, I like Bayou Moon best. Originally, I only gave Bayou Moon 4 stars, but I have boosted it to 5 because I keep going back to re-read it, in parts or whole. Each time I read it, the plot with the red burial shroud moss gets better. And I love William, aka Lord Bill, the secret agent changeling wolf.

CHARACTERS: William (aka Lord Bill) is a changeling wolf. His mother ga
I liked Bayou Moon better than On the Edge for some reason. I think one reason may be that the hero was not a blonde, Norse god, good-guy type. Yes, I prefer the damaged, brooding hero, slightly unstable but with a good heart, who deserves a chance at happiness and can also seriously kick butt when needed. What can I say? William made a much more interesting story than Declan, in my opinion.

Oh, and Cerise is another strong heroine who can keep up with the butt-kicking and lead an entire clan of
Number two in the series and I enjoyed it every bit as much as number one although the main characters have changed. I am not usually a fan of werewolves but this one is very attractive and the girl he wants, Cerise, is a pretty amazing character too. Some great world building, fascinating creatures, an endlessly amazing extended family and a cute love story make this a very readable book. There is also quite a lot of fighting and blood and gore. But that's okay too. My only complaint would be t ...more
Erica Ravenclaw

I had a really hard time getting into this book, suddenly I was halfway through and loving it. I account all that to the genius that is IA, but even they started to lose me there, till the end. Then I was bowled over with happy feelings and loved it all over again. I'm not certain how to rate it... let's go with...

No spoilers and colorful language abound!

Eh. That's about all I've got here. I don't understand why I don't know what to say! It couldn't have anything to do with the fact that I
Lisa Kay
Louisiana Bayou, by artist Bettie Jean Bordelon

This is one of those books that I’ll probably re-read in a year or two and LOVE. Right now it hasn’t been fitting my mood, causing me to take forever to read it. Maybe the labyrinthine twists and turns of the Louisiana Bayou are the perfect setting for the Byzantine-like world that is presented in this one, book #2 of The Edge series. I absolutely loved the first, On the Edge, which was a total surprise. I remember trying to pick up all the intr
Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog)

In the second book on Ilona Andrews The Edge series, we focus on William Wolf, whom we meet in On the Edge. As a Changeling William has never been shown much affection or kindness, most people are afraid of him, sensing the lethal animal just inside his human skin. For this reason, he is asked to do one last mission before he is left alone in the Edge. This leads him to meet Cerise, an Edger and the newly made head of her large and crazy family now that her parents have been taken by the same m
William/Cerise romance: 3-stars
World building: 4-stars

3.5 stars rounded up to 4 stars

I'm in the midst of an Ilona Andrews glom so I decided that this would be a great time to try and get through Bayou Moon.

To date, Bayou Moon is the only Ilona Andrews book that I stopped reading and never picked back up. How?! WHY?! I'm sure those questions are running through your head, lol.

I am a wussy and Bayou Moon is one of the darker Ilona Andrews books I've read thus far. There is just so much tragedy in Bayou Moon that
January 2015 Re-read: I cannot believe I've never written a review for this.

But as I sit here and try to think of how to quantify my feels about this book with words... I kind of can understand why I have not.

I adored On the Edge. Declan and Rose were fantastic. George and Jack wormed their way into my heart and made me love them. The world - as to be expected from Ilona Andrews - was amazing, fun, and scary. I wasn't sure how I was going to feel getting away from them so completely. Sure, I'd m
Beanbag Love
Oct 06, 2010 Beanbag Love rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of both urban fantasy and PNR
I'm not sure how to describe this series. It's romance, but it feels like urban fantasy. And it's not urban. Far from it. The first in Andrews' "The Edge" series took place in a tiny, backwoods community and this one takes place in a swamp. Not much urban about that, is there?

So, after much thought, I've decided to call this series "contemporary fantasy". For now.

We met William in the first book of the series, "On the Edge" and I personally fell in love with him then. I was so thrilled to find o
I almost feel bad for giving it only 3 stars, but there were too many things about this book that I didn't love to raise it to a 4.

I'm a big fan of Ilona Andrews writing , how they come up with this original, twisted and amazing worlds is beyond me. What I don't love so much is how descriptive they can be. Don't get me wrong, I like descriptive stories, as long as I'm seeing things trough the charachters eyes and experiences, but this was not the case and I ended up completely overwhelmed by the
Faith Hunter
First book in this series for me. Picked it up in the middle. But sooooo good.
I adored this book! No complaints. THIS is why I read bestselling writers so often -- they know what they are doing, and they do it with style. Fantastic world, wonderful magic sytems, and I adore Lark.
Maria Snyder
I just loved this one! I listened to the audio - the reader is fantastic, just fantastic - she gives everyone their own twang. I also loved the interaction between the main protagonists, Cerise (sp?) and William. He's on a mission to kill this horrible dude named Spider and she's trying to protect and save her family. She can fight and is snarky and stubborn (sound familiar?). And he can fight, but has no idea how to woo a lady.

This is the second book in the Edge series and I'd recommend you sta
Wow, that was so much better than "On the Edge"!

While 'On the Edge' suffered from lack of focus with the story, it 100% excelled at complex world building! And... now that the stage has been set, so to speak... 'Bayou Moon' offers up a compelling story set almost exclusively in a dark, gritty (not too mention mucky!) section of the "the Edge" called the Mire.

Here, in this swampy expanse, we're introduced to a family known as the Mars who've been embroiled in a feud with another local family sinc
So much better than the first book. RTC.
Monty Cupcake
Something about Bayou Moon just didn't fully wow me. The first chapter, talking about William and his action figures was funny, but then it became quite confusing (and sometimes boring) between William's chapter, Cerise's chapter, and when they first meet. I had to reread both to figure it out and I'm still confused about how the Broken, the Mire, the Edge, and the Weird are all spaced out. Anyone got a map?

William & Cerise are both good characters, but I liked the Mar family best of all. As
Mandi Schreiner
Favorite Quote: Every handsome man had a flaw. It was just her luck that in William’s case that flaw was lunacy. The man was nuts.

Cerise Mar lives in the Edge. A place between the Broken – where you and I live and the Weird – where the people with magic live. The Edgers, as they are called, have some magic and are mostly poor and spend their time feuding with each other. Some from the Edge can cross into the Broken or the Weird, others who have too much magic, can not make the cross and spend th
Sooo, her Kate Daniels series will always have my heart, but this was a good read. I'd say that it definitely should be classified as a ROMANTIC paranormal book that's written way better than the average romance with magical dudes.

I can't say I LOVED this as much as the previous one, just because the whole swamp "family feud" thing didn't really catch me, but the romance and the world are, as always, really well done, not cliched, and if you like Kenyon and Feehan and JD Ward you will like this
If someone had asked him yesterday morning what hell looked like, he would've said he didn't know. He'd spent 24 hours in the swamp, and now he had an answer. Hell looked like the Mire.

This urban (more like rural) fantasy is set in a swamp. If you've ever been to southern Louisiana, you can feel the descriptions of the Mire. It's wet. Always wet. Don't bother trying to wear make-up, if you can get it to stick to your wet face in the first place, it will just come off. Don't bother trying to do
Lovers of Paranor...: Bayou Moon (The Edge #2) by Ilona Andrews 7 26 Dec 23, 2013 04:59PM
Ilona Andrews Fans: * Bayou Moon (Book 2) 21 103 Jan 24, 2013 12:28PM
  • Curran, Vol. II: Fathers and Sons (Curran POV, #2)
  • Double Cross (The Disillusionists Trilogy, #2)
  • Night Blade (Colbana Files, #2)
  • Moonglow (Darkest London, #2)
  • Mortal Sins (World of the Lupi, #5)
  • Unholy Magic (Downside Ghosts, #2)
  • One Salt Sea (October Daye #5)
  • Under Her Skin
  • Fair Game (Alpha & Omega, #3)
  • Magic in the Shadows (Allie Beckstrom, #3)
  • Mercy Blade (Jane Yellowrock, #3)
  • Dark and Stormy Knights
  • Murder of Crows (The Others, #2)
  • Hostage to Pleasure (Psy-Changeling, #5)
Ilona Andrews is the pseudonym for a husband-and-wife writing team. author2sm“Ilona is a native-born Russian and Gordon is a former communications sergeant in the U.S. Army. Contrary to popular belief, Gordon was never an intelligence officer with a license to kill, and Ilona was never the mysterious Russian spy who seduced him. They met in college, in English Composition 101, where Ilona got a be ...more
More about Ilona Andrews...

The Edge (4 books)
  • On the Edge (The Edge, #1)
  • Fate's Edge (The Edge, #3)
  • Steel's Edge (The Edge, #4)
Magic Bites (Kate Daniels, #1) Magic Strikes (Kate Daniels, #3) Magic Bleeds (Kate Daniels, #4) Magic Burns (Kate Daniels, #2) Magic Slays (Kate Daniels, #5)

“The judge's massive eyebrows crept up. "Kaldar. Are you the one speaking for the plaintiff today?"
"Yes, Your Honor."
"Well, shit," Dobe said. "I guess you're familiar with the law. You hit it over the head, set its house on fire, and got its sister pregnant.”
“William leaned forward and pointed at the river. “I don’t know why you rolled in spaghetti sauce,” he said in a confidential voice. “I don’t really care. But that water over there won’t hurt you. Try washing it off.”
She stuck her tongue out.
“Maybe after you’re clean,” he said.
Her eyes widened. She stared at him for a long moment. A little crazy spark lit up in her dark irises.
She raised her finger, licked it, and rubbed some dirt off her forehead.
Now what?
The girl showed him her stained finger and reached toward him slowly, aiming for his face.
“No,” William said. “Bad hobo.”