Start by marking “Clean Water For Elirose” as Want to Read:
Clean Water For Elirose
read book

Clean Water For Elirose

4.68 of 5 stars 4.68  ·  rating details  ·  25 ratings  ·  10 reviews
A children's picture book about the lack of clean drinking water in the world and how we can help.

Maria and her friends love all kinds of different drinks, but when they learn a girl their age doesn’t even have clean water to drink they set out to help. Read about all the great ways these kids help make a difference and how you can too!

All profits from book sales go to sup...more
Published September 21st 2010 by The Fine Print (first published August 11th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Clean Water For Elirose, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Clean Water For Elirose

Nathan Wheeler
Many of us are aware of the clean drinking water crisis in the world today. Millions of people in the world don’t have access to clean drinking water and with that come a whole host of issues. How as concerned people who want to love our neighbors teach others about these issues. For many of us we blog about it, we contribute, we promote causes within our circle of family and friends, we might talk about it at church but what do we tell children?

Well author Ariah Fine has written a children’s bo...more
April 'Huston' Schmidt
My three year-old loves this book. He's drawn to the bright, clean illustrations and has easily connected with the children in the story. I appreciate having a story that addresses issues of poverty and social justice in a way that's developmentally appropriate-- and hopeful.

I think the best thing I can say about the book is this: My son has connected with it strongly enough that Elirose and the actions in the book now show up in his imaginative play. It sure does this parent's heart good to he...more
Jen Chau
I loved this book - it teaches children to be aware of what might be happening globally, not to take for granted all of the resources/luxuries one might have here in the states...and to take action! Anything that can encourage baby activists, I am going to love! Definitely a good book for the kids in your lives (the questions and activities in the back of the book were a nice touch - moving from the story to action)!
Tiffany
My three year old really liked this book because it helped to connect him with kids from different places in the world. He asked a lot of questions after reading this book, and we were able to have some good conversations. This is one that we intend to buy for birthday gifts for friends of our kids!
Jeremy Duncan
Excellent book for teaching young children about the problem of accessing clean water in the third world.
This is a great, easy to understand book for children that teaches them that although they have lots of good things to drink, it's not the same all over the world. I like how the book gives suggestions for families of how they can help those who lack clean water.
Adele
This is a great little book if you want to introduce your kids to the idea of impacting the world around them. The idea that they, even as little people, can help someone else. The website has a downloadable coloring page version of the book too.
dthaase
A wonderfully written book offering awareness to kids of clean water needs in the world. Includes practical tips for children to go beyond the book and respond!
Cynthia Armistead
Great book! I'm buying it to send to my niece and nephew right away - and recommending it to all the families I know with children!
Elisa
got this as a goodreads 1st read. My kids really liked it. They found it easy to read and thought it was a great story.
A. Blair
A. Blair marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2014
Shazan
Shazan marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2014
Ayushi
Ayushi marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2014
Mphiwe
Mphiwe marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2014
Olga Mosner
Olga Mosner marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2014
Kimberly
Kimberly marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2014
Callum Jones
Callum Jones marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2014
Lydia Sollenberger
Lydia Sollenberger marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2014
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2014
Julia Flores
Julia Flores marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2014
Jim
Jim marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2014
Aliza
Aliza marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2014
Leah Wall
Leah Wall marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2013
Laura marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2013
Dana
Dana marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2013
Bret
Bret added it
Sep 20, 2014
Zoe
Zoe marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2013
Lenka Příplatová
Lenka Příplatová marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2013