Start by marking “Clean Water For Elirose” as Want to Read:
Clean Water For Elirose

Read Book

Clean Water For Elirose

4.68  ·  Rating Details  ·  25 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
A children's picture book about the lack of clean drinking water in the world and how we can help.

Maria and her friends love all kinds of different drinks, but when they learn a girl their age doesn’t even have clean water to drink they set out to help. Read about all the great ways these kids help make a difference and how you can too!

All profits from book sales go to sup
Published September 21st 2010 by The Fine Print (first published August 11th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Clean Water For Elirose, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Clean Water For Elirose

Nathan Wheeler
Dec 01, 2011 Nathan Wheeler rated it it was amazing
Many of us are aware of the clean drinking water crisis in the world today. Millions of people in the world don’t have access to clean drinking water and with that come a whole host of issues. How as concerned people who want to love our neighbors teach others about these issues. For many of us we blog about it, we contribute, we promote causes within our circle of family and friends, we might talk about it at church but what do we tell children?

Well author Ariah Fine has written a children’s bo
April Vinding
Mar 22, 2011 April Vinding rated it it was amazing
My three year-old loves this book. He's drawn to the bright, clean illustrations and has easily connected with the children in the story. I appreciate having a story that addresses issues of poverty and social justice in a way that's developmentally appropriate-- and hopeful.

I think the best thing I can say about the book is this: My son has connected with it strongly enough that Elirose and the actions in the book now show up in his imaginative play. It sure does this parent's heart good to he
Jen Chau
Mar 22, 2011 Jen Chau rated it it was amazing
I loved this book - it teaches children to be aware of what might be happening globally, not to take for granted all of the resources/luxuries one might have here in the states...and to take action! Anything that can encourage baby activists, I am going to love! Definitely a good book for the kids in your lives (the questions and activities in the back of the book were a nice touch - moving from the story to action)!
Tiffany
Mar 24, 2011 Tiffany rated it it was amazing
My three year old really liked this book because it helped to connect him with kids from different places in the world. He asked a lot of questions after reading this book, and we were able to have some good conversations. This is one that we intend to buy for birthday gifts for friends of our kids!
Jeremy Duncan
Aug 01, 2011 Jeremy Duncan rated it it was amazing
Excellent book for teaching young children about the problem of accessing clean water in the third world.
Mar 29, 2011 Laura rated it it was amazing
This is a great, easy to understand book for children that teaches them that although they have lots of good things to drink, it's not the same all over the world. I like how the book gives suggestions for families of how they can help those who lack clean water.
Adele
Apr 02, 2012 Adele rated it liked it
This is a great little book if you want to introduce your kids to the idea of impacting the world around them. The idea that they, even as little people, can help someone else. The website has a downloadable coloring page version of the book too.
dthaase
Mar 24, 2011 dthaase rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-to-the-kids
A wonderfully written book offering awareness to kids of clean water needs in the world. Includes practical tips for children to go beyond the book and respond!
Cyn Armistead
Apr 28, 2011 Cyn Armistead rated it it was amazing
Great book! I'm buying it to send to my niece and nephew right away - and recommending it to all the families I know with children!
Elisa
Mar 30, 2012 Elisa rated it really liked it
got this as a goodreads 1st read. My kids really liked it. They found it easy to read and thought it was a great story.
Jasdeep Kaur
Jasdeep Kaur marked it as to-read
May 22, 2016
Catur Prasetys
Catur Prasetys marked it as to-read
May 21, 2016
Caroline
Caroline marked it as to-read
May 18, 2016
Laura marked it as to-read
May 16, 2016
Janet
Janet marked it as to-read
May 10, 2016
Emma Haack
Emma Haack marked it as to-read
May 05, 2016
Liz
Liz marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2016
Lyndlee
Lyndlee marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2016
Garnet Zetroc
Garnet Zetroc marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2016
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2016
Pjohn Villanueva
Pjohn Villanueva marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2016
Joanell
Joanell marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2016
Phed Villanueva
Phed Villanueva marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2016
Chelsea Irvine
Chelsea Irvine marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2016
Nicole Gauss
Nicole Gauss marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2016
Barb
Barb marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2016
Jamilie
Jamilie marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2015
Cyndi Carpenter
Cyndi Carpenter marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2015