Start by marking “Trusting Yourself: How to Stop Feeling Overwhelmed and Live More Happily with Less Effort” as Want to Read:

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  76 ratings  ·  19 reviews
We are flooded every day with messages from so-called experts in magazines and on TV telling us what’s wrong with us. Our teeth aren’t white enough, we aren’t good enough lovers, we aren’t exercising enough, we have ADHD. No wonder we’re dogged by worry and self-doubt!

Luckily, M. J. Ryan can help. As the creator of the bestselling Attitudes of Gratitude and The Power of P
Published May 11th 2004 by Harmony

To ask other readers questions about Trusting Yourself, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Trusting Yourself

Great book. Refreshing to see a book written in a intelligent, honest form.
Not filled with distracting footnotes. Written with her own words of wisdom.
This is one of those books that is set up in three page chapters on various subjects, kind of a self help lite format. But in all honesty I think it works for this subject matter, because if you picked up a book that addresses the subject of 'trusting yourself', then 9 times out of 10 ANY book you read on it is going to meet up with lots of internal resistance. If you weren't already questioning your decisions, you would never have to pick up this book in the first place, in other words. So the ...more
This book was absolutely cheesy good. Powerful words. The book even took me out of my reading slump. I really did enjoy M.J. Ryan's words of wisdom. I know for fact that I will need to read this book again later.
Really great basics however some of the chapters and the explanation of concepts were so brief I was left feeling we'd simply skimmed the surface. Worth reading if you're not expecting the author to go into much depth. I'd consider this a good solid jumping-off spot for additional thought and reading.
I have this book for almost six years , last month I started reading it for the first time and thankfuly that I read it now when I need it the most . It's a great book . It is different than other self-help books coz it's realistic & applicable . It really changed something in me I just LOVED the book :)
This is the second book that I've read by MJ Ryan and I really like her style. She's clearly read alot and is very analytical. She distills information from various sources to create very short but poignant chapters that "show" you how to trust yourself and to live the life you want to live.

Once you've read Attitudes of Gratitude, then this one, you see how she must have recycled some of her quotes and points from one into the other. They fit better in her "attitudes" book, and, ironically enough, I feel grateful that I read that book first! :)
This little volume (readable in just a short, short time,) crossed my desk a few weeks ago, and I just had a chance to sit down and read it. It has a lot of pithy aphorisms that one might want to write down or remember for later.
This book offered no new insights, but it contained well written, thoughtful reminders on how to remain present and alive no matter what chaos may be going on around us.
Noha  Al-Yahya
كتاب قيّم قيّم جداً
يتناول الثقة بالنفس وكأن الشخص يخاطب ذاته
لدرجة أنه شعرت ان المؤلفة تقرأ أفكاري
جعلني أرغب بأني أريد التهام جميع كتبها
i really enjoyed this book. short and sweet, but loaded with gems, this book will be a great go-to text for years to come.
Bernadine Rosso
Such a great book.
Simple reminders in cultivating confidence and peace of mind in our everyday.
Another quick read and one to keep referencing. Good thoughts and lessons to remember...
Rema H.R
i have read it in Arabic version and its deserve to have it on our books shelf
How to just let go, trust your instincts and be happy with your own choices.
A very good pat on the back when you're in need of such things.
in 2010 also

Hanan Alaali
I read it for several times and it was wonderful
This is a really nice book.
Fadi marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2015
Romancereader is currently reading it
Nov 17, 2015
Valan marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2015
Noora marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2015
Tiffany marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2015
Lior marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2015
Nielle marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2015
Jace Sabado
Jace Sabado is currently reading it
Oct 26, 2015
Carlos Flores
Carlos Flores marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2015
Chamadi marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2015
  • Experience Your Good Now!: Learning to Use Affirmations
  • Don't Just Do Something, Sit There: A Mindfulness Retreat with Sylvia Boorstein
  • 50 Ways to Soothe Yourself Without Food
  • The Okinawa Program: How the World's Longest-Lived People Achieve Everlasting Health--And How You Can Too
  • The Power of Self-Coaching: The Five Essential Steps to Creating the Life You Want
  • Change Your Mind and Your Life Will Follow: 12 Simple Principles
  • Roses Love Garlic: Companion Planting and Other Secrets of Flowers
  • Random Acts of Kindness Then and Now
  • Mr. Darcy's Promise
  • Creating a Charmed Life: Sensible, Spiritual Secrets Every Busy Woman Should Know
  • Write It Down, Make It Happen: Knowing What You Want And Getting It
  • From Panic to Power: Proven Techniques to Calm Your Anxieties, Conquer Your Fears, and Put You in Control of Your Life
  • Life After College: The Complete Guide to Getting What You Want
  • Unfinished Business: One Man's Extraordinary Year of Trying to Do the Right Things
  • Still Here: Embracing Aging, Changing and Dying
  • More-With-Less Cookbook
  • Information Design Workbook: Graphic approaches, solutions, and inspiration + 30 case studies
  • Developing Intuition: Practical Guidance for Daily Life
MJ Ryan is one of the creators of the New York Times bestselling Random Acts of Kindness series and the author of The Happiness Makeover (nominated for the 2005 Books for Better Living award in the Motivational category), Attitudes of Gratitude, The Power of Patience, Trusting Yourself, The Giving Heart, and 365 Health and Happiness Boosters, among other titles. Altogether, there are 1.75 million ...more
More about M.J. Ryan...