Start by marking “Dial Emmy for Murder (Soap Opera Mystery, #2)” as Want to Read:
Dial Emmy for Murder (Soap Opera Mystery, #2)

Dial Emmy for Murder (Soap Opera Mystery #2)

Soap operas can get so dirtyTabloids and fans are stunned when daytime soap opera star Alexis Peterson leaves her show. She's too busy with her new job as presenter at the Daytime Emmy Awards to even notice. But when a co-presenter goes missing on award night, Alexis is determined to find who is killing Hollywood's biggest and brightest before another burns out...
Published June 2nd 2009 by New American Library

To ask other readers questions about Dial Emmy for Murder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dial Emmy for Murder

Theresa
Sep 04, 2010 Theresa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, chick-lit
I broke one my rules about reading books that are part of a series with this book – I haven’t read book one and this is book two. As with most series, the book does stand alone, but I think there are some things that may have made more sense if I’d read book #1 first.

That said, I enjoyed the story. Alexis Peterson has recently joined a new soap cast. She left her last soap because her cast mates thought she had killed a co-star and she couldn’t continue to work with people who thought she was ca
Michelle Randall
This is the second book in the Soap Opera Mystery Series written by a long-time soap actress herself.

Now, the first was good, and this one a little better. Maybe it's just that first book think, that you seem to find the second book better.

Alex is still our lead, and she is a little more open to the reader and other people in this one, and we gets hits of her ex-husband Randy in this book, and that proves to be exciting and the idea of Randy in the next book is what is making me want to read the
Cheryl
Sep 08, 2009 Cheryl rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There is only so much gossip and finger pointing an actor like Alexis Peterson can take from her own cast mates. She leaves The Yearning Tide to join the cast of The Bare and the Brazen. This sets the media a buzz with frenzy. Following a murder case that Alexis helped solved previously, she is ready for a break. Unfortunately she is busy preparing to co-present Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series with her new leading man…the hunky Jackson Masters.

It comes time for Alexis and Jackson
Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews
They always say you should write about what you know and Eileen Davidson has done just that. As an actress who has had roles on The Young and the Restless and Days of our Lives, she definitely has an in to the soap opera world and is able to use that knowledge to her benefit. She even mentions some well known soap actresses in the book although she has changed the names of the various shows but the titles aren't too far off!

This is the second in a series and while this book could stand on its ow
Shonda
Sep 10, 2009 Shonda rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2009
Readers were first introduced to Alexis Peterson in Daytime in Death, book one of A Soap Opera Mystery series. Alex is the number one suspect in the murder investigation of a head writer on The Yearning Tide. Determined to clear her name, she begins her own investigation and finds she’s quite good at being an amateur sleuth.

In Dial Emmy for Murder, Alex has left her former soap, The Yearning Tide, and is now a cast member of The Bare and the Brazen. It’s the night of the Daytime Emmy Awards and
Dana
Jun 27, 2009 Dana rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Alexis Peterson is a soap star. Just as she goes to present a Daytime Emmy award her co-star and co-presenter turns up dead and dripping blood all over her. Alexis realizes she can really help the police solve the mystery because she knows the industry inside and out. The police in the form of handsome detective Frank Jakes whom Alex has an attraction for find out there have been other similar murders of young handsome young actors. Although Jakes is only too willing to allow Alex to help, his b ...more
VJ
Apr 15, 2013 VJ rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cozy-mysteries
I really wish these books didn't have bad language. This is such a fun series aside from that fact. I'm going to read the third book because I've already checked it out, but not going to search out any more by this author after that. Sad, really. For a light cozy written by a soap star, they are actually fairly well-written. I don't get the feeling this is a YA novel playing grown up. The dialogue flows pretty well and the world building and character development are pretty good.

Obviously, this
Mendy
Jan 12, 2009 Mendy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2009
Loved it! This is a really good 2nd novel. Alexis is in wonderful form in the Soap Opera world. She's still dealing with her feelings for her boyfriend Paul and Jakes, the detective she longs for. Her ex-husband has re-entered the picture and she fears for the safety of her daughter Sarah.

Eileen Davidson has slid into the role of cozy mystery writer wonderfully and I can't wait for the next installment.
Amy
Jul 23, 2009 Amy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cozy-mystery, 2009
I don't want to wait for the next book.. I want to read it NOW!!! Hurry up Eileen Davidson! ;)

I love Alex Peterson, her mom and her young daughter, Sarah.. I love her relationship with detective Frank Jakes and her best friend George who is the hair dresser for a soap cast.. And most of all I love the way she can totally suck me into the story and keep me guessing about the how, the who and the why!!! :)
Jeannie and Louis Rigod
This was a light hearted and fun murder mystery/stalker journey. Soap Opera Actress, Alexis Peterson, is excited to be a presenter at this year's Emmy's. Her co-presentor, Jackson doesn't show up. So, bravely, Alexis strides forward and as she begins...a body descends.

Reuniting with Detective Frank Jakes, Alexis heads off to find a serial killer.

This was a fun and enjoyable read. I look forward to her next novel.
Katie R
Very much like watching a soap opera. I'm not knocking it at all, it's something I look for in a book sometimes. It was simple but kept my attention. I'll most likely look up the rest of the books in the series at some point.
Connie
Jan 28, 2011 Connie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is an entertaining story with mystery and romance thrown in. Murder seems to follow Alexis and she has decided to help Detective Frank Jakes find the killer. A great cozy mystery.

FTC disclosure: I bought my copy of this book.
Michael Peeples
Oct 21, 2014 Michael Peeples rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
I only paid $1 for this at my local Dierberg's. The writing was poor, but the ploy moves quick enough that it kept my attention. If you're looking for a quick and relatively fun mystery then this will fit the bill. Keep your expectations low, and you'll have fun.
Heidi (Yup. Still here.)
3.5 stars. I like this series. Just be warned for those who don't like swearing in cozies this one does have some F bombs.
Wiley
Upcoming AuthorsOnTheWeb Internet Marketing campaign for Eileen Davidson.
Donna Peterson
Feb 08, 2015 Donna Peterson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed this series
Jan
Nov 13, 2011 Jan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very enjoyable series!
Linda
Jan 25, 2015 Linda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: challenge
Loved this book! It was such a quick, easy read and kept me up too late last night so I could finish! I like the characters and the story was good too.
Katherine Decker
enjoyed another great chapter in this fun series
Markel
Mar 13, 2015 Markel rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
it was ok, i wasn't hooked and it was a book that i could put down over and over and over and was in no hurry to pick it back up
Erin
Aug 03, 2009 Erin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved it! I ran out and bought this the day after I read the other one....can't wait for the next one!!!
~Gen hearts books.~
Jul 19, 2010 ~Gen hearts books.~ rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: mystery, soap opera lovers, fans of the Young and the Restless
This one deserves about 3.5 stars. I found some parts of this story really hilarious. I enjoyed every time that Alex described Adrienne (what a visual).
Darlene Ferland
Jul 11, 2014 Darlene Ferland rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great read for soap fans and mystery lovers!!! Eileen Davidson's knowledge of the world of soaps gives this book a real feel. I also think this book and the series is a great summer read
Janis
Feb 13, 2012 Janis rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love it! A great quick, fun read! Eileen Davidson gives a great look at the soap world through Alexis. Fun!
Not the most literary of books, but entertaining if you like soap operas.
Cheryl
Cheryl rated it really liked it
May 22, 2014
Tina
Tina rated it really liked it
Jul 26, 2015
Diana Kuskowski
Diana Kuskowski rated it liked it
Jun 29, 2014
Jim
Jim rated it liked it
Mar 29, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • A Body to Die For (Savannah Reid, #14)
  • Deadly Pleasure (Francesca Cahill Deadly, #2)
  • Permed to Death (Bad Hair Day Mystery, #1)
  • Dangerous Cravings (Dangerous Cravings, #1)
  • Love You Madly (Daytime Mystery, #3)
  • Death Takes the Cake (A Della Cooks Mystery #2)
  • Moonrise
  • Maximum Exposure
  • Watch Over Me (Mercenary/Goddard Project, #9; Goddard Project, #4)
  • Paper, Scissors, Death (Kiki Lowenstein Scrap-n-Craft Mystery, #1)
  • Catch Me If You Can (New Orleans Trilogy, #1)
  • Girlfriends
  • The Secret Portrait (A Jean Fairbairn/Alasdair Cameron Mystery #1)
  • Killer Crab Cakes (A Fresh-Baked Mystery, #4)
  • The Chosen
  • Dark Summer Dawn
Eileen Davidson originated the role of Jabot Cosmetics executive Ashley Abbott on The Young and the Restless in 1982. She departed the show in 1989 and returned in 1999. Davidson was nominated for a Daytime Emmy in the category of "Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series" in 2003, and was nominated for a Soap Opera Award for "Favorite Return" in 1999. In 1998, she made daytime television histor ...more
More about Eileen Davidson...

Soap Opera Mystery (4 books)
  • Death in Daytime (Soap Opera Mystery #1)
  • Diva Las Vegas (Soap Opera Mystery, #3)
  • Swingin' in the Rain (Soap Opera Mystery, #4)