Start by marking “Eat What You Love: More Than 300 Incredible Recipes Low in Sugar, Fat, and Calories” as Want to Read:

4.17 of 5 stars 4.17  ·  rating details  ·  168 ratings  ·  19 reviews
Marlene Koch's has been called a "magician in the kitchen" for her amazingly ability to make excess sugar, fat, and calories disappear, "but never the taste"! In "Eat What You Love" she works her magic once again crafting incredible tasting guilt-free recipes for everyone's favorite foods -from luscious milkshakes and melty sandwiches, to creamy soups and crunchy "fried" f ...more
Published April 1st 2010 by Running Press Book Publishers (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Eat What You Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eat What You Love

Ray
WOW! This book, "Eat What You Love" is what started the three volume (so far) series along with "Eat More of What You Love" and "Eat What You Love Everyday" by author Marlene Koch. Each cookbook boasts and delivers recipes that are "low in sugar, fat and calories."

With all three editions in our cookbook collection, it's hard to pick a favorite because each cookbook has several recipes that we have successfully tried and more recipes on the menu plans for the months ahead.

Marlene's name may not
Carrie
this is another book where I wish we could give half stars. For me, this book didn't introduce a wealth of new ideas, and I was disappointed by the reliance on artificial sweeteners. That said, I have tried several of the recipes, mostly for the savory dishes, and they have been great. The recipes are straightforward, easy to follow and clearly well tested, and they work just like they are supposed to. While I didn't walk away with a ton of new ideas, I did get a handful of new recipes and I wou ...more
Steven Peterson
Right up front, Marlene Koch lays out the purpose of this book (Page 9): "My fabulous news is that eating for pleasure and eating for good health can be one and the same. I am thrilled to tell you that with this book you never again have to be deprived or sacrifice the foods you love for the sake of your health--yes, you really can have it all."

At the outset, Koch looks at some of the key nutritional concepts--calories, fat, salt, carbohydrates, and proteins. In each instance, she lays out the n
Julie
This looks like a cookbook worth buying. I will be on the lookout for it. Full of easy, good sounding, healthy recipes.
Angie
I like recipes naturally low in sugar but this book uses Splenda.
Sue
PERFECT! This is an excellent book for anyone looking to eat better without giving up the wonderful foods you love. I have made the macaroni and cheese. It really is to die for! My hubby is diabetic and LOTS of these recipies work for him and are tasty enough for BOTH of us. We have made the shakes too and they are WONDERFUL!!!
frogfairie
So, technically I haven't read every page of this book BUT I was so impressed by the recipes I tried that I went ahead and bought it! The main dishes have been delicious and so far the one dessert I tried was good, although not quite sweet enough for my liking. I'm looking forward to working my way through the whole book.
Susan Erhardt
This cookbook had lots of delicious sounding recipes, til I got to the dessert section. Many, if not most, of the recipes there use artificial sweetener. Blech. Cooking Light manages to come up with many good dessert recipes that don't use fake ingredients, so I'd not be making anything with Splenda, etc.
Kristine
read this again once at goal weight! great tips when I'm maintaining. things like Apple Jicama Cranberry Slaw and Stewed Italian Zucchini Parmesan, Chicken Curry in a Hurry all caught my eye. The recipes are listed as good for diabetics with health stats.
Rachel
Great book! Features easy-to-prepare recipes made with common ingredients. Recipes taste great! You can't tell you're eating healthy. I highly recommend both this book and its sequel Eat More of What You Love.
Sherri
I couldn't find any out of this 400pg whopper (well except for the banana dishes and some fish dishes which are just a preference for me). Will think seriously about buying this one. The pages look yummy! M'mmm
Mrspam4ever
Got some great ideas from this book to help with my blood sugar issues. They are things my whole family will enjoy, and easy recipes wit normal ingredients. I will sub Truvia for the Splenda though!
Kenley
My Grandma and I make things out if this book whenever we get the chance, and it is amazing! Everything turns out FABULOUS! Easy instructions and great recipes! 5 Stars!
Gina
P. 258 Roasted Veggies
p. 44 Chai Freeze
p. 69 Vanilla Cake Batter Milkshake
p. 80 Zucchini Muffins
p. 99 Lemon Loaf
p. 100 Quick Overnight Oatmeal
Diane
Love this book! Everything is so easy to make and really does fast terrific!!! I love the second book too!
Lynn
I copied quite a few recipes out of this one - now I just need to try them to see how they are. :)
Stephanie
I enjoyed the recpies, and the information about how to lighten up regular recipes.
Kaycee1976
I did not find a recipe that I tried and didn't like in this cookbook! It's fantastic!
Dena
Healthy makeovers of all your favorite foods. Can't wait to use these recipes!
Sam
Sam marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2015
Crissy
Crissy marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2015
Gina
Gina marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Hungry Girl to the Max!: The Ultimate Guilt-Free Cookbook
  • Taste of Home Comfort Food Diet Cookbook: Lose Weight with 433 Foods You Crave!
  • The Volumetrics Eating Plan: Techniques and Recipes for Feeling Full on Fewer Calories
  • I Can't Believe It's Not Fattening!: Over 150 Ridiculously Easy Recipes for the Super Busy
  • The Fat Smash Diet: The Last Diet You'll Ever Need
  • The 5 Factor Diet
  • Six Weeks to OMG
  • The Master Your Metabolism Cookbook
  • 500 Low-Carb Recipes: 500 Recipes, from Snacks to Dessert, That the Whole Family Will Love
  • So Easy: Luscious, Healthy Recipes for Every Meal of the Week
  • The G.I. Diet: The Easy, Healthy Way to Permanent Weight Loss
  • Southern Plate: Classic Comfort Food That Makes Everyone Feel Like Family
  • Eating for Life: Your Guide to Great Health, Fat Loss and Increased Energy
  • Nutrient Timing: The Future of Sports Nutrition
  • Life Without Bread Life Without Bread: How a Low-Carbohydrate Diet Can Save Your Life
  • Everyday Food: Light: The Quickest and Easiest Recipes, All Under 500 Calories
  • SuperFoods Rx: Fourteen Foods That Will Change Your Life
  • The Zone: A Dietary Road Map to Lose Weight Permanently
Eat More of What You Love: Over 200 Brand-New Recipes Low in Sugar, Fat, and Calories Eat What You Love--Everyday!: 200 All-New, Great-Tasting Recipes Low in Sugar, Fat, and Calories Marlene Koch's 375 Sensational Splenda Recipes: Over 375 Recipes Low in Sugar, Fat, and Calories Unbelievable Desserts with Splenda: Sweet Treats Low in Sugar, Fat and Calories Fantastic Food with Splenda: 160 Great Recipes for Meals Low in Sugar, Carbohydrates, Fat, and Calories: 150 Great Recipes for Meals Low in Sugar, Carbohydrates, Fat and Calories