Start by marking “Eat What You Love: More Than 300 Incredible Recipes Low in Sugar, Fat, and Calories” as Want to Read:

4.13  ·  Rating Details  ·  211 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
Marlene Koch's has been called a "magician in the kitchen" for her amazingly ability to make excess sugar, fat, and calories disappear, "but never the taste"! In "Eat What You Love" she works her magic once again crafting incredible tasting guilt-free recipes for everyone's favorite foods -from luscious milkshakes and melty sandwiches, to creamy soups and crunchy "fried" f ...more
Published April 1st 2010 by Running Press Book Publishers (first published April 6th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Eat What You Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eat What You Love

Ray
Sep 14, 2014 Ray rated it really liked it
WOW! This book, "Eat What You Love" is what started the three volume (so far) series along with "Eat More of What You Love" and "Eat What You Love Everyday" by author Marlene Koch. Each cookbook boasts and delivers recipes that are "low in sugar, fat and calories."

With all three editions in our cookbook collection, it's hard to pick a favorite because each cookbook has several recipes that we have successfully tried and more recipes on the menu plans for the months ahead.

Marlene's name may not
Carrie
Aug 02, 2013 Carrie rated it liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
this is another book where I wish we could give half stars. For me, this book didn't introduce a wealth of new ideas, and I was disappointed by the reliance on artificial sweeteners. That said, I have tried several of the recipes, mostly for the savory dishes, and they have been great. The recipes are straightforward, easy to follow and clearly well tested, and they work just like they are supposed to. While I didn't walk away with a ton of new ideas, I did get a handful of new recipes and I wou ...more
Steven Peterson
Apr 21, 2010 Steven Peterson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Right up front, Marlene Koch lays out the purpose of this book (Page 9): "My fabulous news is that eating for pleasure and eating for good health can be one and the same. I am thrilled to tell you that with this book you never again have to be deprived or sacrifice the foods you love for the sake of your health--yes, you really can have it all."

At the outset, Koch looks at some of the key nutritional concepts--calories, fat, salt, carbohydrates, and proteins. In each instance, she lays out the n
Julie
Jul 05, 2014 Julie rated it really liked it
Shelves: cooking
This looks like a cookbook worth buying. I will be on the lookout for it. Full of easy, good sounding, healthy recipes.
Angie
Dec 02, 2014 Angie rated it it was ok
I like recipes naturally low in sugar but this book uses Splenda.
Sue
Jul 16, 2010 Sue rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
PERFECT! This is an excellent book for anyone looking to eat better without giving up the wonderful foods you love. I have made the macaroni and cheese. It really is to die for! My hubby is diabetic and LOTS of these recipies work for him and are tasty enough for BOTH of us. We have made the shakes too and they are WONDERFUL!!!
frogfairie
Mar 09, 2011 frogfairie rated it really liked it
So, technically I haven't read every page of this book BUT I was so impressed by the recipes I tried that I went ahead and bought it! The main dishes have been delicious and so far the one dessert I tried was good, although not quite sweet enough for my liking. I'm looking forward to working my way through the whole book.
Susan Erhardt
Apr 10, 2010 Susan Erhardt rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks
This cookbook had lots of delicious sounding recipes, til I got to the dessert section. Many, if not most, of the recipes there use artificial sweetener. Blech. Cooking Light manages to come up with many good dessert recipes that don't use fake ingredients, so I'd not be making anything with Splenda, etc.
Kristine
read this again once at goal weight! great tips when I'm maintaining. things like Apple Jicama Cranberry Slaw and Stewed Italian Zucchini Parmesan, Chicken Curry in a Hurry all caught my eye. The recipes are listed as good for diabetics with health stats.
Rachel
Jan 01, 2013 Rachel rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbooks
Great book! Features easy-to-prepare recipes made with common ingredients. Recipes taste great! You can't tell you're eating healthy. I highly recommend both this book and its sequel Eat More of What You Love.
Sherri
Mar 10, 2011 Sherri rated it it was amazing
I couldn't find any out of this 400pg whopper (well except for the banana dishes and some fish dishes which are just a preference for me). Will think seriously about buying this one. The pages look yummy! M'mmm
Mrspam4ever
Feb 08, 2013 Mrspam4ever rated it it was amazing
Got some great ideas from this book to help with my blood sugar issues. They are things my whole family will enjoy, and easy recipes wit normal ingredients. I will sub Truvia for the Splenda though!
Kenley
Oct 15, 2013 Kenley rated it it was amazing
My Grandma and I make things out if this book whenever we get the chance, and it is amazing! Everything turns out FABULOUS! Easy instructions and great recipes! 5 Stars!
Gina
p. 99 Lemon Loaf
p. 100 Quick Overnight Oatmeal
Diane
Jul 31, 2012 Diane rated it really liked it
Love this book! Everything is so easy to make and really does fast terrific!!! I love the second book too!
Lynn
Dec 02, 2010 Lynn rated it did not like it
I copied quite a few recipes out of this one - now I just need to try them to see how they are. :)
Stephanie
Jun 24, 2011 Stephanie rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the recpies, and the information about how to lighten up regular recipes.
Kaycee1976
Jan 26, 2013 Kaycee1976 rated it it was amazing
I did not find a recipe that I tried and didn't like in this cookbook! It's fantastic!
Dena
Jan 26, 2012 Dena rated it it was amazing
Healthy makeovers of all your favorite foods. Can't wait to use these recipes!
Lindy L. Smith
Lindy L. Smith is currently reading it
Feb 04, 2016
Jenny
Jenny rated it really liked it
Feb 02, 2016
Heather Bladen
Heather Bladen rated it liked it
Jan 29, 2016
Ashley Palacios
Ashley Palacios marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2016
Nick Docious
Nick Docious is currently reading it
Jan 25, 2016
Heather Giuffre
Heather Giuffre is currently reading it
Jan 24, 2016
Kitti Boesel
Kitti Boesel rated it really liked it
Jan 24, 2016
Alina Collins
Alina Collins marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2016
  • Taste of Home Comfort Food Diet Cookbook: Lose Weight with 433 Foods You Crave!
  • Hungry Girl to the Max!: The Ultimate Guilt-Free Cookbook
  • Eating Well After Weight Loss Surgery: Over 140 Delicious Low-Fat High-Protein Recipes to Enjoy in the Weeks, Months and Years After Surgery
  • The 5 Factor Diet
  • The Volumetrics Eating Plan: Techniques and Recipes for Feeling Full on Fewer Calories
  • I Can't Believe It's Not Fattening!: Over 150 Ridiculously Easy Recipes for the Super Busy
  • Six Weeks to OMG
  • The Fat Smash Diet: The Last Diet You'll Ever Need
  • Eating for Life: Your Guide to Great Health, Fat Loss and Increased Energy!
  • The Master Your Metabolism Cookbook
  • The G.I. Diet: The Easy, Healthy Way to Permanent Weight Loss
  • 500 Low-Carb Recipes: 500 Recipes, from Snacks to Dessert, That the Whole Family Will Love
  • Nutrient Timing: The Future of Sports Nutrition