Start by marking “Out on the Sound (The Adventures of Decky and Charlie, #1)” as Want to Read:
Out on the Sound (The Adventures of Decky and Charlie, #1)

Out on the Sound (The Adventures of Decky and Charlie #1)

If you like a good story with laughter, tears and suspense then this is the book for you. In her late thirties, Decky Bradshaw was set for life. She had an incredibly lucky life up to this point, excluding the brief marriage to her son's father. She had a great job, plenty of money and a very comfortable existence. Decky figured if someone ever came along that tickled her ...more
Kindle Edition, 1st edition
Published August 22nd 2010 by Blue Crab Publishing (first published August 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Out on the Sound, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Out on the Sound

R.E. Bradshaw
Dec 02, 2010 R.E. Bradshaw rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: lesbian
I think this is my favorite, because it was my first, but I really do think this book has some funny scenes and heart thumping drama to boot. It is a book about lesbians coming together late in life, but it is so much more. Charlie and Decky deal with the highs of a new love affair and the lows of what happens to them after Decky's mother finds out. Lizzie, the mom, is a source of many laughs and quite a few gasps of disbelief. I just read it again. I laughed and cried. I am proud of this book.
R
Sunny
Feb 24, 2013 Sunny rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I was really happy to see that this author now has an editor and has re-released some of her early books. The book was MUCH easier to read without all the typos and extra commas. I really liked the first half of the book, but then it sort of went off track for me. The characters became too over-the-top which made the whole story less believable to me. Although, I would love to see Decky's house!
Charlie Avocado
Mar 08, 2017 Charlie Avocado rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lez-be-honest
Refreshingly different in tone and storytelling. Yeah, it requires suspension of some reality, but don't most books? Loved it.
Kristen
Jun 20, 2014 Kristen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ncc-books
At thirty-seven, Decky Bradshaw has had a pretty tranquil life. Decky has a job doing what she loves, which has paid so well that she is living more than comfortably, and she's in great health. All of this changes with a single touch on the softball field, from Charlie Warren, the new math teacher in town. Decky would have never thought that her someone special would end up being a woman. From their first meeting the two become inseparable and Decky soon finds out how mean a small town can be an ...more
Ruth
Jul 03, 2012 Ruth rated it really liked it
Decky, successful author meets Charlie at a soft ball game. Charlie has just moved to the area to teach mathematics at the local university.

Decky has never been in love with woman before and Charlie has just left a 10 year lesbian relationship. Are either of them ready to commit to a relationship ?

Will they survive the stress of Charlie’s ex lover and Decky’s mum ?

This first published book from Rebecca Bradshaw already shows her mastery of characterisation and
setting. What starts off as a stra
Darlene
Apr 19, 2011 Darlene rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Yvensong
Recommended to Darlene by: One of my womyn's groups.
The cover of the book drew me in. Water, the beach. That would have done it alone, but having read Waking Gray, R.E. Bradshaw is a new favorite author. So I had to see. Murder and mayhem, family, and love found unexpectantly, bigotry and court trials makes this a non-stop read. I can hardly wait to read others by/with Decky.
JoAnn
Nov 03, 2014 JoAnn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-it
This was a great read of a thirty something woman who finds herself in a dilemma about her heart. It comes as quite a surprise and it is a story of how she deals with her heart and her feelings! Great read!
Jeanne
Sep 25, 2012 Jeanne rated it it was amazing
This was laugh out loud fun and filled with romance and suspense. You couldn't help liking every character in this book.
Lady Avalon
Lady Avalon rated it liked it
Nov 06, 2014
Ann Randolph
Ann Randolph rated it it was amazing
Feb 26, 2013
Marilyn
Marilyn rated it it was amazing
Mar 12, 2012
Susan T Crawford
Susan T Crawford rated it it was amazing
Nov 01, 2014
marsha alcala
marsha alcala rated it it was amazing
Feb 13, 2015
S0nnie
S0nnie rated it really liked it
Nov 16, 2012
Rebecca Collins
Rebecca Collins rated it liked it
Jul 10, 2013
Agirlcandream
Agirlcandream rated it really liked it
Feb 13, 2013
Coogler
Coogler rated it it was ok
Dec 16, 2012
Corey
Corey rated it liked it
Jan 12, 2013
Eleanor Harris
Eleanor Harris rated it really liked it
May 10, 2016
Someonedark
Someonedark rated it it was amazing
Nov 09, 2012
Victoria
Victoria rated it it was amazing
Aug 25, 2012
Kay ShortStuff
Kay ShortStuff rated it really liked it
Mar 29, 2016
Kim
Kim rated it it was amazing
Apr 27, 2011
Rachael
Rachael rated it really liked it
Dec 31, 2015
Wilmary Orta
Wilmary Orta rated it did not like it
Dec 17, 2016
Amy Halliwell
Amy Halliwell rated it it was amazing
Feb 06, 2014
Hickfromthestix
Hickfromthestix rated it liked it
Jan 19, 2013
Karen Bailey-summers
Karen Bailey-summers rated it it was amazing
Apr 30, 2015
Wendy Hudson
Wendy Hudson rated it really liked it
Apr 24, 2016
  • A Kiss Before Dawn
  • Mending Defects
  • Dust
  • Trails Merge
  • Conflict of Interest (Portland Police Bureau, #1)
  • First Lady
  • Just Jorie
  • Without Warning (Shaken, #1)
  • Like Jazz
  • Lethal Affairs (Elite Operatives, #1)
  • Long Shot
  • Gulf Breeze
  • Fragmentary Blue (Alex & CJ, #1)
  • Carly's Sound
  • The Princess Affair
How did a girl from the Outer Banks of North Carolina end up writing contemporary women's fiction in Oklahoma? Well, there has to be a woman involved. Bradshaw began her writing career in 2010, after leaving Theatre and teaching. Since then, her novels ranging from the popular romance, Waking Up Gray, to the Lambda Literary Award Finalists, thriller Rainey Nights and mystery Molly: House on Fire, ...more
More about R.E. Bradshaw...

The Adventures of Decky and Charlie (2 books)
  • Out on the Panhandle (The Adventures of Decky and Charlie, #2)