Christmas with the Mousekins

Christmas with the Mousekins

4.07 of 5 stars 4.07  ·  rating details  ·  30 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Join the Mousekin family as they prepare for Christmas! Filled with crafts and recipes, poems and stories, this is a Christmas book to share with the whole family, year after year.

All the highlights of a great December are here. The Mousekins pick out and decorate a tree. Make paper snowflakes with Nana Mousekin. Bake cookies for friends and neighbors. Write letters to San...more
Published September 14th 2010 by Knopf Books for Young Readers

Kathryn
Dec 20, 2011 Kathryn rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Kathryn by: Kathryn Hemstead
Just adorable! Full of all the warmth and snuggly-ness and festiveness I love about Christmas. It just really spoke to me about what I feel about Christmas and family. The story could be enjoyed as a read-aloud picture book, and the included craft ideas and recipes are fun especially because you see how they play out in the story and if your kids are inspired to make the same things that the Mouskins do, they are able to. There's also a sweet message about sharing and giving. Just charming!
Kathryn
The best Christmas book of the year. If I could give it 6 stars I would. Every young child should have this book. It's filled with crafts, recipes, poetry and the story is as heartwarming as any Christmas story should be. Love, love, love this book!
Chris
If you buy one book for Christmas for the kids this should be it as an early Christmas present. This book will keep you and the kids busy for hours.It is not only a story book that describes the life of a mouse family as they prepare for Christmas it also includes side rhymes on the pages, craft activities, songs and recipes. You will really want to take extra time looking all through each page so you don’t miss a thing.
Tricia
This enjoyable potpourri of Christmas crafts, recipes and more intermixed within a story would be best off purchased for a child rather than checked out of the library. This is a book that they will want to read and pour over and over...and will surely ask to make some of the treats (both craft and food)...that are contained within.
Adrienne Furness
August is a fine time to be buying Christmas books for the library. This one is a nice mix of a story that focuses on the routines leading up to Christmas (getting a tree, decorating, baking cookies, caroling, and so on) with recipes and activity suggestions. It's a good choice for libraries and a nice gift for families with young kids.
Lynn
Cute story and illustrations, but I wish they would have put the recipes and craft instructions all at the end instead of mixed in the story.
Angela
Such a cute book! It has great illustrations, craft projects poems, and recipes. I loved it.
Renee
Nov 24, 2010 Renee rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition Recommends it for: K-3rd
I like that it includes crafts, recipes and poems.
Tara
Tara marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2013
Jane Veitch
Jane Veitch marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2013
Funbrarian
Funbrarian marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2013
Grace
Grace marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2013
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2013
Kristin
Kristin marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2013
Denise
Denise added it
Dec 09, 2012
Marni
Marni marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2012
Kate
Kate added it
Dec 02, 2012
Mimi
Mimi marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2012
Pigs in Pajamas Desser the Best Ever Cat One Naked Baby There's A Witch Under The Stairs My Blue Bunny, Bubbit