Start by marking “The Cake Mix Doctor Returns!: With 160 All-New Recipes” as Want to Read:
The Cake Mix Doctor Returns!: With 160 All-New Recipes

The Cake Mix Doctor Returns!: With 160 All-New Recipes

What could be better than a phenomenon? The return of a phenomenon. Ten years ago Anne Byrn's "The Cake Mix Doctor" began its extraordinary run as one of the most popular baking books of all time. Now Anne Byrn is back with the all-new "Cake Mix Doctor Returns!" From the beloved author who showed home bakers how adding a touch of sweet butter or a dusting of cocoa powder, ...more
Published September 24th 2009 by Workman Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Cake Mix Doctor Returns!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Cake Mix Doctor Returns!

Rachel
Jun 30, 2012 Rachel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I had heard of the Cake Doctor from a friend of mine, who swears by her cake recipes. So I decided to give her newer basic cookbook a try. I will say that she does know what she is doing as most of the recipes seem relatively simple and fun to make. I like that she doesn't just do layer cakes, but also poundcakes, bundt cakes, brownies, bars, cookies, cupcakes, and frosting. I've been looking for a cake to do at my son's birthday party and I think I may have found it in the Lemonade Chiffon Laye ...more
M. E.
Aug 28, 2016 M. E. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: baking
The Cake Mix Doctor Returns is a compendium of over 160 mouth-watering recipes that turn ordinary cake mixes into extraordinarily scrumptious desserts. Author Ann Byrn has appeared on dozens of television and radio shows such as "Good Morning America" and "All Things Considered" to share her delicacies; now she brings the straight scoop on everything from layer cakes to bundt and pound cakes to sheet cakes, cupcakes, brownies, bars, cookies and more. Many recipes include a space on the left of t ...more
Jun 02, 2014 Laura rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbook, nonfiction
I didn't so much read this book as much as I glanced through the recipes and fantasized about a summer full of baking. During the school year, I sometimes don't have time to eat, much less bake. Still, a teacher can dream.

The recipes are not intimidating and the ingredient lists tend to be practical. The author allows for several different pan sizes so there's no need to buy more pans.

I enjoy these books. I may even glance at her website someday. This book is a keeper.
Marcia
Feb 19, 2010 Marcia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: bakers, dessert lovers
Shelves: grown-up-books
I'm a fan of Anne Byrn--she performs magic by adding ingredients to mixes. (Starting with a mix always seems less intimidating to me, yet in some recipes you add quite a few other ingredients.) I made the hummingbird cake and it was easy and delicious. She even provides instructions to make your own wedding cake! I think the cupcake book is still my favorite, but this one has some new and unique ideas.
Reading Fool
Jul 23, 2016 Reading Fool rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
This book and the earlier book, The Cake Mix Doctor, should be on every busy person's kitchen shelf (at least every person who has occasion to bake and doesn't have the time or skill). This is more of the same from the earlier publication - more recipes whose base is a cake mix. What is produced is a great treat to be shared, so these recipes are convenient for those who have to bake something for a picnic, potluck, school event, or child's birthday party. This is a keeper.
Cymiki
Nov 23, 2015 Cymiki rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ald-staff-picked
more than just cakes - find cookie recipes, too, based on using cake mixes. i copied plenty of pages to try new and yummy-sounding desserts. also liked the various tips such as the ability to freeze bundt cakes. who knew?
Ginny
Dec 31, 2009 Ginny rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh My Goodness........awesome! My first cake is in the oven right now....pg 7, the yellow cream cheese one with the ganache topping and toffee bits for a new Year's party tonight.
Susan Ryan
If you didn't get enough recipes from her first book, you'll love this one. I have tried some of the recipes and they are great. Fantastic book to borrow or own.
Sandra
Apr 15, 2010 Sandra rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This cookbook has several items I admire......photos of every recipe, easy to read font, and short comments, stories or notes about each recipe.
Georgia
Georgia rated it liked it
Feb 24, 2015
Valeri
Valeri rated it really liked it
May 30, 2012
Olliebelle
Olliebelle rated it it was amazing
Nov 28, 2014
Carla Suson
Carla Suson rated it really liked it
Mar 26, 2015
Melissa
Melissa rated it it was amazing
May 25, 2014
Elisabeth
Elisabeth rated it it was amazing
Jun 29, 2011
Tiffany T
Tiffany T rated it really liked it
Feb 27, 2011
M S
M S rated it it was amazing
Sep 03, 2016
Robin
Robin rated it really liked it
Oct 16, 2011
Amy Stotts
Amy Stotts rated it it was amazing
Aug 27, 2014
Mary Lisa Cochran
Mary Lisa Cochran rated it it was amazing
Mar 15, 2015
Karen
Karen rated it liked it
Jul 09, 2014
Rachel Vacek
Rachel Vacek rated it really liked it
Feb 10, 2013
Erika
Erika rated it did not like it
Aug 20, 2015
Cynthia Torres
Cynthia Torres rated it liked it
Jan 02, 2015
Mary Partington
Mary Partington rated it liked it
Feb 04, 2015
Dana Taylor
Dana Taylor rated it really liked it
May 22, 2012
JUDY C WISE
JUDY C WISE rated it it was amazing
Feb 13, 2016
Camilla
Camilla rated it it was amazing
May 03, 2015
Jan Shaulis
Jan Shaulis rated it it was amazing
Feb 26, 2014
Rebecca  Jordan
Rebecca Jordan rated it it was amazing
May 21, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Top Secret Restaurant Recipes 2: More Amazing Clones of Famous Dishes from America's Favorite Restaurant Chains
  • The Bartender's Bible: 1001 Mixed Drinks and Everything You Need to Know to Set Up Your Bar
  • The Lee Bros. Simple Fresh Southern: Knockout Dishes with Down-Home Flavor
  • Alice's Tea Cup: Delectable Recipes for Scones, Cakes, Sandwiches, and More from New York’s Most Whimsical Tea Spot
  • Quick & Easy Chinese: 70 Everyday Recipes
  • The Casserole Queens Cookbook: Put Some Lovin' in Your Oven with 100 Easy One-Dish Recipes
  • Bobby Flay's Throwdown!: More Than 100 Recipes from Food Network's Ultimate Cooking Challenge
  • Recipes from the Root Cellar: 270 Fresh Ways to Enjoy Winter Vegetables
  • Baking Basics and Beyond: Learn These Simple Techniques and Bake Like a Pro
  • Down Home with the Neelys: A Southern Family Cookbook
  • 101 Things to Do with Ramen Noodles
  • D.I.Y. Delicious: Recipes and Ideas for Simple Food from Scratch
  • The Bread Lover's Bread Machine Cookbook: A Master Baker's 300 Favorite Recipes for Perfect-Every-Time Bread-From Every Kind of Machine
  • Frozen Assets: Cook for a Day, Eat for a Month
  • The Confetti Cakes Cookbook: Spectacular Cookies, Cakes, and Cupcakes from New York City's Famed Bakery
  • The Lazy Gourmet: Magnificent Meals Made Easy