Start by marking “Justifiable Means (Sun Coast Chronicles, #2)” as Want to Read:
Justifiable Means (Sun Coast Chronicles, #2)

Justifiable Means (Sun Coast Chronicles #2)

4.22 of 5 stars 4.22  ·  rating details  ·  1,275 ratings  ·  30 reviews
This exciting novel of mystery, suspense, and romance, book 2 of Blackstock's Sun Coast Chronicles, involves a cop's newfound love for a rape victim and the tough Christian choices he struggles to make.
Published February 23rd 2010 by Zondervan (first published May 14th 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Justifiable Means, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Justifiable Means

Deborah
Given that this was written back in 1996, I am willing to cut Justifiable Means some slack. That was before we started expecting more from Christian fiction.

As is, it's a very predictable story with an incredibly annoying female main character. Perhaps she seemed worse because I listened to this as an audio book, so every neurotic moment came across in whiny clarity.

Pros:
Clean light thriller.
Gentle romance (for those who need that in their thrillers)

Cons:
Predictable.
Annoying main character (f
Tia
Robin Willis
I would have rated this book higher if it had been less predictable and more original than the first book in the series. It was practically the same plot with different characters and some of the situations changed. It was still very readable and I liked that some of the characters in the previous book made appearances. It was cool finding out what happened to them afterwards.
Carolyn E
Jan 16, 2012 Carolyn E rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Another terrific book by Terri Blackstock. I have only recently discovered Blackstock's books, although they have been around for a while, and I have loved every one that I have read so far. Justifiable Means is the second book in the Sun Coast Chronicles. I am hoping to be able to read all of her books in the near future.
Jan Jimison
To much praying and screaming for me.
Jill
I normally enjoy Blackstock's books so when I found this one at a used bookstore, I picked it up. I was disappointed in this book. To me, detective Millsaps getting involved with the victim, Melissa, was not overly realistic. Normally I'm fine with the unrealistic aspects in books of fiction, but this one just hit me the wrong way. Plus, I was hoping for more mystery and less sappiness.
Jaime
This one was MUCH better than the first! The villain was totally creepy and had me looking over my shoulder whenever I go outside. ha. I figured out a plot twist ahead of time, but that didn't make the book any less amazing. Didn't care for the love story, but I'm incredibly picky about love stories. Awesome mystery, very suspenseful. I really enjoyed it.
Loretta
A very suspenseful story. Found I had a hard time putting it down, but I didn't want to read it at night as it was rather scary too. She comes up with some really evil people. If a scripture could have been applied to the over-riding story it would have been that "all things work together for good for those that love the Lord".
Tania
Entertaining story about revenge and trust. The characters are likable, believable, imperfect. I love getting a glimpse into the lives of some of the characters of the first book in the series while getting to know the great new characters in this book. Quick moving enjoyable read.
Nina
Wer Kriminalromane gerne mag, dem kann ich diesen hier sehr empfehlen.
Zwei Polizisten, von denen der eine ein Christ ist, ermitteln den Fall einer Vergewaltigung. Zunächst scheint es eindeutige Beweise zu geben, aber es entwickelt sich dann doch alles ein bisschen anders.
Ashley Curnutt
I like how this author gets right to the plot while still having well developed characters. Good suspense even though there is some predictability to some parts. This book was quick to read, and left me with things to ponder. I look forward to reading more Terri Blackstock
Lauren
May 30, 2010 Lauren is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
better than the first one so far. I do like how she uses the same characters from the last book and slightly continues their growth. Don't think I have ever read an author that does this like she does.
Melanie
A story of God's forgiveness and love that is available to us when we finally decide to let Him be in control. It showd us how He can take the worst situations and use them for His glory.
Lisa
So far this one has been hard to put down...another great page turner! It was a bit predictable at times but still a good book to loose yourself in at the beach or on a camping trip.
Ratforce
This police thriller, which is available as an audiobook, is written by best-selling Christian author Terri Blackstock, and may fill your interest in Christian adventure.
Jimmy
The premise Im sure has been done before, but how about from a Christian perspective? Lots of mystery, suspense, and a plot that will make you think. Well done, Miss Blackstock.
Rebekkila
Nov 29, 2011 Rebekkila marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Anne
A vicious killer. A woman with problems of her own, and a good cop torn between the two. I enjoyed this book. Easy and enjyable read.
Andrea
I loved this book. I love how Blackstock connects her characters from the previous book in this Suncoast Chronicles series.
Pr Latta
Sorry, I realize this is a Christian romance, but it was just too schmaltzy for me. But I did finish it.
Jessica
Good Christian mystery.. wasn't sure about reading this genre when I started, but now I really enjoy them.
Deanna Hansen
Terri Blackstock can really write a thriller--her "chase scenes" can make me sweat.
Kim Gough
This is the second book of the sun coast chronicles, could not put it down. Very good.
Ada Moon
A woman find the man that raped her sister and trying to set him up for a fall. good book
Debbie
rape case where the victim is pointing out all the evidence
Susan
Suncoast Chronicles Series
Shari
Sun Coast Chronicles Book 2
Jennifer Busch
Layer after layer of cheese.
  • Showers in Season (Seasons, #2)
  • The Trial
  • Amber Morn (Kanner Lake Series, #4)
  • True Valor (Uncommon Heroes #2)
  • The Cross Examination of Oliver Finney
  • Beyond a Doubt (Rock Harbor Series #2)
  • In Harm's Way (Heroes of Quantico, #3)
19811
Terri Blackstock is a New York Times best-seller, with over six million copies sold worldwide. She is the winner of two Carol Awards, a Christian Retailers Choice Award, and a Romantic Times Book Reviews Career Achievement Award, among others. She has had over twenty-five years of success as a novelist.

Terri spent the first twelve years of her life traveling in a U.S. Air Force family. She lived
More about Terri Blackstock...
Night Light (Restoration #2) Last Light (Restoration, #1) Cape Refuge (Cape Refuge, #1) Southern Storm (Cape Refuge Series, #2) Breaker's Reef (Cape Refuge, #4)