Guerrilla Gardening: A Manualfesto

Guerrilla Gardening: A Manualfesto

3.9 of 5 stars 3.90  ·  rating details  ·  69 ratings  ·  10 reviews
The term “guerrilla” may bring to mind a small band of armed soldiers, moving in the dead of night on a stealth mission. In the case of guerrilla gardening, the soldiers are planters, the weapons are shovels, and the mission is to transform an abandoned lot into a thing of beauty. Once an environmentalist’s nonviolent direct action for inner-city renewal, this movement is...more
Published April 1st 2007 by New Society Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Guerrilla Gardening, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Guerrilla Gardening

Mo Tipton
This is a really entertaining, useful and important read. Tracey packs in loads of landscaping/gardening tips, political tidbits, advice on how to deal with city officials, and other essential know-how for the guerrilla gardener. The Q&A's with practicing guerrillas are very inspiring and instructive, and it's hard not to get the urge to start planting anywhere and everywhere after reading this book.

I also appreciated Tracey's discussion on "to ask or not to ask for permission," and I thoug...more
S Wobbegong
Hilarious and really informative. Full of tips and tricks for how to start your own 'projects' but wraps them up in a way that really gets you into the spirit of the notion. Brilliant book.
Frank
Fantastic book. Weaves ecology and politics together and has a load of fun doing it. I laughed more times reading this book than I can remember.

But most of all it's inspiring. We can change the screwed-up world one seed at a time. Now I'm a guerrilla gardening too and I can hardly wait to plant something.
Dean P.
Tracey brings a fun, sometimes tongue-in-cheek tone to the topic that he embraced years ago. It is a political "hot topic" in some senses and Tracey accomplishes the heady task of speaking to those with a variety of comfort levels with guerrilla gardening. Definitely one I will recommend to many friends.
Chad
May 11, 2008 Chad rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: DIY (sub)urban planners and green-thumbed anarchists.
Recommended to Chad by: Jennifer
Very funny and easy-to-read. Would be entertaining even to people uninterested in gardening. Even though the attitude is tongue in cheek, it provides very realistic ideas about how to deal with a blighted landscape.
Jane
Books on gardening should feature lots of colour photos. This book had few pictures and they were all black and white.

The book may have planted a seed though...
Hope Struck
Lexie got me this for Christmas, when she was scouting sites for her wedding to my brother--and I can't freakin wait to read it.
Elizabeth Hills
Best gardening book I've read so far. Definite must have for library.
Christy
Read this in one sitting. Couldn't put it down.
Yvonne Loveday
Yvonne Loveday marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2014
Caitlin
Caitlin marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2014
K.O.
K.O. marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2014
Ohioans
Ohioans marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2014
Audrie
Audrie marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2014
M
M marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
Candy Wyman
Candy Wyman marked it as to-read
May 21, 2014
Tatjana
Tatjana marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2014
Dayna
Dayna marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2014
Bonnie
Bonnie marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Urban Agriculture: Ideas and Designs for the New Food Revolution The Miracle Tree The Mustard Seed