Start by marking “Guerrilla Gardening: A Manualfesto” as Want to Read:
Guerrilla Gardening: A Manualfesto

Guerrilla Gardening: A Manualfesto

3.97 of 5 stars 3.97  ·  rating details  ·  75 ratings  ·  10 reviews
The term “guerrilla” may bring to mind a small band of armed soldiers, moving in the dead of night on a stealth mission. In the case of guerrilla gardening, the soldiers are planters, the weapons are shovels, and the mission is to transform an abandoned lot into a thing of beauty. Once an environmentalist’s nonviolent direct action for inner-city renewal, this movement is ...more
Published April 1st 2007 by New Society Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Guerrilla Gardening, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Guerrilla Gardening

Mo Tipton
This is a really entertaining, useful and important read. Tracey packs in loads of landscaping/gardening tips, political tidbits, advice on how to deal with city officials, and other essential know-how for the guerrilla gardener. The Q&A's with practicing guerrillas are very inspiring and instructive, and it's hard not to get the urge to start planting anywhere and everywhere after reading this book.

I also appreciated Tracey's discussion on "to ask or not to ask for permission," and I thoug
S Wobbegong
Hilarious and really informative. Full of tips and tricks for how to start your own 'projects' but wraps them up in a way that really gets you into the spirit of the notion. Brilliant book.
Frank
Fantastic book. Weaves ecology and politics together and has a load of fun doing it. I laughed more times reading this book than I can remember.

But most of all it's inspiring. We can change the screwed-up world one seed at a time. Now I'm a guerrilla gardening too and I can hardly wait to plant something.
Dean P.
Tracey brings a fun, sometimes tongue-in-cheek tone to the topic that he embraced years ago. It is a political "hot topic" in some senses and Tracey accomplishes the heady task of speaking to those with a variety of comfort levels with guerrilla gardening. Definitely one I will recommend to many friends.
Chad
May 11, 2008 Chad rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: DIY (sub)urban planners and green-thumbed anarchists.
Recommended to Chad by: Jennifer
Very funny and easy-to-read. Would be entertaining even to people uninterested in gardening. Even though the attitude is tongue in cheek, it provides very realistic ideas about how to deal with a blighted landscape.
Jane
Books on gardening should feature lots of colour photos. This book had few pictures and they were all black and white.

The book may have planted a seed though...
Hope Struck
Lexie got me this for Christmas, when she was scouting sites for her wedding to my brother--and I can't freakin wait to read it.
Elizabeth Hills
Best gardening book I've read so far. Definite must have for library.
Christy
Read this in one sitting. Couldn't put it down.
Wojtek Majcherczyk
Wojtek Majcherczyk marked it as to-read
May 13, 2015
Bonnie DaRienzo
Bonnie DaRienzo marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2015
JoAnna
JoAnna marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2015
Staci
Staci added it
Mar 01, 2015
Moth Dust
Moth Dust marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2015
Justin Morgan
Justin Morgan marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2015
Ben
Ben marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2015
Peprmntpurple
Peprmntpurple marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2015
Fiona
Fiona marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2015
Selina
Selina marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2015
Ondine
Ondine added it
Jan 23, 2015
Allen
Allen added it
Jan 07, 2015
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2015
  • On Guerrilla Gardening: The Why, What, and How of Cultivating Neglected Public Space
  • The New Seed-Starter's Handbook
  • Holy Shit: Managing Manure To Save Mankind
  • Life in the Soil: A Guide for Naturalists and Gardeners
  • Toolbox for Sustainable City Living: A Do-It-Ourselves Guide
  • Food Not Lawns: How to Turn Your Yard into a Garden and Your Neighborhood into a Community
  • Edible Forest Gardens, Volume 2: Ecological Design and Practice for Temperate Climate Permaculture
  • What's Wrong With My Plant? (And How Do I Fix It?): A Visual Guide to Easy Diagnosis and Organic Remedies
  • Forest Gardening: Cultivating an Edible Landscape
  • Growing 101 Herbs That Heal: Gardening Techniques, Recipes, and Remedies
  • Creating a Life Together: Practical Tools to Grow Ecovillages and Intentional Communities
  • Eliot Coleman's Winter Harvest Handbook: Four Season Vegetable Production for the 21st Century
  • Breed Your Own Vegetable Varieties: The Gardener's and Farmer's Guide to Plant Breeding and Seed Saving, 2nd Edition
  • One Magic Square: The Easy, Organic Way to Grow Your Own Food on a 3-Foot Square
  • Creating a Forest Garden: Working with Nature to Grow Edible Crops
  • Greenhouse Gardener's Companion, Revised: Growing Food & Flowers in Your Greenhouse or Sunspace
  • The One-Straw Revolution
Urban Agriculture: Ideas and Designs for the New Food Revolution The Miracle Tree The Mustard Seed