Start by marking “Angelina's Christmas” as Want to Read:
Angelina's Christmas

Angelina's Christmas (Angelina Ballerina)

4.06  ·  Rating Details  ·  326 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
When Angelina Ballerina sees old Mr. Bell all alone at Christmastime, she decides to bring him some holiday cheer. Cousin Henry doesn't want to help—until he finds that there's a real Santa Claus living in their town! With festive sparkly foil on the jacket and a heartwarming story, this book is perfect for holiday giving.
Published September 14th 2006 by Viking Books for Young Readers (first published 1986)

To ask other readers questions about Angelina's Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Angelina's Christmas

Kathryn
Dec 05, 2008 Kathryn rated it really liked it
I'm predisposed to adore Angelina so I may be a bit biased in my review. Still, I thought this was a nice little story about sharing the joys of Christmas with others (and the unexpected rewards that can come from giving for the sake of giving alone!)
Julie Barrett
May 16, 2014 Julie Barrett rated it really liked it
Angelina's Christmas by Katherine Haliburt
Everyone at her school stayed late to help decorate for the play. Most houses had lights and were decorated for the holiday, except for one house.
She makes cookies in hopes of giving one away to the old man. Her brother Henry wnats to give his to Santa Claus. Next day her mother and her bring holiday food to his house and the dad and Henry cut a tree for him.
He dresses up as Santa as everyone decorates the tree and tells them a story of when he was not a
RC
Dec 01, 2014 RC rated it really liked it
Shelves: holiday
Angelina's Christmas is a lovely story in the Angelina Ballerina series. It tells the tale of how Angelina and her brother Henry exemplify the Christmas spirit and share the holiday with a lonely older gentleman. In return the gentleman, Mr. Bell, shows them his Santa costume and becomes part of their holiday for years to come. It is a sweet story that flows smoothly through the beautiful illustrations. It is a wonderful addition to any holiday collection and a lovely piece of the Angelina ...more
Janet
Mar 19, 2014 Janet rated it really liked it
This is my first Angelina title and I will read more of them. A great Christmas story of giving, sharing, and including other people. Angelina was a cute mouse and I loved her and her friends illustrated in the Nutcracker for her school play. The illustrations are great and Mr. Bell is well drawn as an older mouse. Somehow I noticed a hint of something English about this story/illustrations. The author did spend time living in England and that experience pleasingly is a subtle enhancement in thi ...more
Becky
Nov 26, 2014 Becky rated it liked it
I enjoyed reading Angelina's Christmas. I enjoyed meeting Angelina and her family. I loved how thoughtful and empathetic Angelina was. She realizes that there is one house in the village that is not decorated. She notices that there is one "old man huddled by a tiny fire." She learns from her parents that this old man is Mr. Bell, a retired postman. She decides that she will do something special for him so he won't be all alone at Christmas time. (And Angelina isn't the only one joining in to he ...more
Laurie
Nov 27, 2014 Laurie rated it really liked it
Kimberly
Jan 20, 2016 Kimberly rated it really liked it
This was a sweet Christmas story. Angelina certainly had the Christmas spirit and gave of herself to one who needed the company. The story was well written and the pictures are darling and it kept my children (3 & 5) entertained and interested.
D.
Dec 09, 2014 D. rated it it was amazing
Again, I love the artwork! And the story is a sweet Christmas message.
Libby
Dec 20, 2015 Libby rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015-books
Sweet story. Reminds me that everyone needs to be valued.
Jessica Lauber
Dec 10, 2015 Jessica Lauber rated it liked it
Being kind to others. Sweet, kind-hearted story.
Rachel
SM
Linda
Nov 28, 2010 Linda rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christmas
I'm an Angelina fan - children's author Katharine Holabird and illustrator Helen Craig combine once again to work their magic in this Christmas tale.

Angelina and her cousin Henry show true Christmas spirit when they visit old Mr Bell, the retired postman who lives all alone. Their generosity is rewarded when they discover that there is a real Santa Claus living right in their own village! (taken right from the jacket)

How could you not want to read it?!
Jen
Dec 21, 2011 Jen rated it really liked it
I read this story today to my 1st graders and I loved the message it has. Angelina notices that every house in town is decorated except that of Mr. Bell's, an elderly man. She decides to make his Christmas extra special and in turn, Mr. Bell shares some very nice stories of when he played Santa Clause many years before. They both have an extra special Christmas thanks to the friendship of the other.
Dolly
Dec 22, 2015 Dolly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
This is a sweet book in the Angelina Ballerina series by Katharine Holabird and Helen Craig. It honors the spirit of the season and teaches about goodwill toward others, especially the lonely and needy among us.

Our girls enjoy these stories and I liked this one more than many of the others in the series.
Anne
Fans of Angelina will not be disappointed with this tale of holiday goodwill. Much less "pink" than her other books. In this one, Angelina reaches out to a lonely old man, who then turns around to spread joy and cheer to the children of the town. Predictable, but sweet.
Heather
Dec 08, 2011 Heather rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book as a child, and my two-year-old daughter loves it now. I really like how the simple story communicates the importance of giving to others.
Libby
Jul 27, 2011 Libby added it
This was a very sweet book and the illustrations are spectaular. My copy of Angelina's Christmas is signed by the illustrator and the author.
Erin Chambers
This book has kindness and caring for others in its roots. Good for building character and teaching acceptance.
Stacy
Feb 06, 2013 Stacy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: wegivebooks
Angelina and Henry decide to make Christmas special for the old postman so that he won't feel lonely anymore.
Sarah Sammis
Jan 03, 2015 Sarah Sammis rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Sarah by: My daughter
Angelina and cousin Henry meet Mr. Bell, the ex-postman and want-to-be Father Christmas.
Heather
Jun 29, 2011 Heather rated it really liked it
Shelves: own, christmas
25 months - nicely illustrated and a good hearted Christmas story.
Ella
Ella marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2016
Shannon
Shannon marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2016
Stephanie Locascio
Stephanie Locascio marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2016
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2016
Karen
Karen added it
Apr 15, 2016
Sophie
Sophie rated it really liked it
Mar 30, 2016
Gail
Gail added it
Mar 23, 2016
  • Shall I Knit You a Hat?: A Christmas Yarn
  • I'll Be Home For Christmas (Toot & Puddle)
  • Santa Claus the World's Number One Toy Expert
  • Apple Tree Christmas
  • Great Joy
  • Christmas Trolls
  • Babar and Father Christmas
  • Peter Spier's Christmas!
  • The Carpenter's Gift: A Christmas Tale about the Rockefeller Center Tree
  • Santa's Favorite Story
  • The Legend of Old Befana
Katharine Holabird is an American writer, best known as the author of the Angelina Ballerina series.

As a child, Holabird was an avid reader who loved fairy tales and stories about heroic animals, and she frequently saw ballets like Cinderella and Swan Lake with her grandmother. The young, imaginative Holabird loved animals, playing in her tree house, and dancing with her sisters. In 1969, she rece
More about Katharine Holabird...

Angelina Ballerina (1 - 10 of 88 books)
  • Angelina Ballerina