Angelina's Christmas

Angelina's Christmas (Angelina Ballerina)

4.04 of 5 stars 4.04  ·  rating details  ·  201 ratings  ·  14 reviews
When Angelina Ballerina sees old Mr. Bell all alone at Christmastime, she decides to bring him some holiday cheer. Cousin Henry doesn't want to help—until he finds that there's a real Santa Claus living in their town! With festive sparkly foil on the jacket and a heartwarming story, this book is perfect for holiday giving. AUTHORBIO: Katharine Holabird's first Angelina Bal...more
Published September 14th 2006 by Viking Juvenile (first published 1986)

To ask other readers questions about Angelina's Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Angelina's Christmas

Kathryn
I'm predisposed to adore Angelina so I may be a bit biased in my review. Still, I thought this was a nice little story about sharing the joys of Christmas with others (and the unexpected rewards that can come from giving for the sake of giving alone!)
Julie Barrett
Angelina's Christmas by Katherine Haliburt
Everyone at her school stayed late to help decorate for the play. Most houses had lights and were decorated for the holiday, except for one house.
She makes cookies in hopes of giving one away to the old man. Her brother Henry wnats to give his to Santa Claus. Next day her mother and her bring holiday food to his house and the dad and Henry cut a tree for him.
He dresses up as Santa as everyone decorates the tree and tells them a story of when he was not a...more
Janet
This is my first Angelina title and I will read more of them. A great Christmas story of giving, sharing, and including other people. Angelina was a cute mouse and I loved her and her friends illustrated in the Nutcracker for her school play. The illustrations are great and Mr. Bell is well drawn as an older mouse. Somehow I noticed a hint of something English about this story/illustrations. The author did spend time living in England and that experience pleasingly is a subtle enhancement in thi...more
PWRL
Jun 24, 2014 PWRL marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2014-new
SM
Linda
I'm an Angelina fan - children's author Katharine Holabird and illustrator Helen Craig combine once again to work their magic in this Christmas tale.

Angelina and her cousin Henry show true Christmas spirit when they visit old Mr Bell, the retired postman who lives all alone. Their generosity is rewarded when they discover that there is a real Santa Claus living right in their own village! (taken right from the jacket)

How could you not want to read it?!
Jen
I read this story today to my 1st graders and I loved the message it has. Angelina notices that every house in town is decorated except that of Mr. Bell's, an elderly man. She decides to make his Christmas extra special and in turn, Mr. Bell shares some very nice stories of when he played Santa Clause many years before. They both have an extra special Christmas thanks to the friendship of the other.
Anne
Fans of Angelina will not be disappointed with this tale of holiday goodwill. Much less "pink" than her other books. In this one, Angelina reaches out to a lonely old man, who then turns around to spread joy and cheer to the children of the town. Predictable, but sweet.
Dolly
Dec 24, 2010 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
Shelves: 2009, childrens, christmas
This is a sweet book in the "Angelina" series by Katharine Holabird and Helen Craig. It honors the spirit of the season and teaches about goodwill toward others, especially the lonely and needy among us. Our girls enjoy these stories.
Heather
I loved this book as a child, and my two-year-old daughter loves it now. I really like how the simple story communicates the importance of giving to others.
Libby
Jul 27, 2011 Libby added it
This was a very sweet book and the illustrations are spectaular. My copy of Angelina's Christmas is signed by the illustrator and the author.
Erin Chambers
This book has kindness and caring for others in its roots. Good for building character and teaching acceptance.
Stacy
Angelina and Henry decide to make Christmas special for the old postman so that he won't feel lonely anymore.
Sarah Sammis
Sep 10, 2011 Sarah Sammis rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Sarah by: My daughter
Angelina and cousin Henry meet Mr. Bell, the ex-postman and want-to-be Father Christmas.
Heather
25 months - nicely illustrated and a good hearted Christmas story.
Anya R
Anya R added it
Aug 26, 2014
Natalie Jenkins
Natalie Jenkins marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2014
Deb Reddy
Deb Reddy marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2014
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2014
Lucy
Lucy added it
Jul 20, 2014
Angela Freeman
Angela Freeman marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
  • Babar and Father Christmas
  • The Jolly Christmas Postman
  • The Nutcracker
  • An Orange for Frankie
  • I'll Be Home For Christmas (Toot & Puddle)
  • Santa Calls
  • Madeline's Christmas
  • You Are My Miracle
  • Auntie Claus
  • The Donkey's Dream
  • Christmas Trolls
  • Merry Christmas, Big Hungry Bear!
  • How Santa Got His Job
  • Room for a Little One: A Christmas Tale
Katharine Holabird is an American writer, best known as the author of the Angelina Ballerina series.

As a child, Holabird was an avid reader who loved fairy tales and stories about heroic animals, and she frequently saw ballets like Cinderella and Swan Lake with her grandmother. The young, imaginative Holabird loved animals, playing in her tree house, and dancing with her sisters. In 1969, she rece...more
More about Katharine Holabird...
Angelina Ballerina Angelina on Stage Angelina and the Princess Angelina and Alice (Angelina Ballerina) Angelina's Baby Sister