Start by marking “The Barbarian Prince (Dragon Lords, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Barbarian Prince (Dragon Lords, #1)

The Barbarian Prince (Dragon Lords #1)

3.68  ·  Rating Details ·  2,935 Ratings  ·  164 Reviews
Paranormal Dragonshifting Romance
Revised Expanded Anniversary Edition

Breaking up was never so hard...

Going undercover at a mass wedding as a bartered bride, Morrigan Blake has every intention of getting off the barbaric planet just as soon as it’s over. Or, more correctly, just as soon as she captures footage of the mysterious princes rumored to be in attendance.

After
Paperback, 1st Edition, 204 pages
Published June 1st 2005 by New Concepts Publishing (first published May 2004)

To ask other readers questions about The Barbarian Prince, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Barbarian Prince

Treece
May 30, 2009 Treece rated it it was ok
Michelle Pillow is a superb and creative author. This was a fabulous series.

The problem I had with the first book was that I could not stand the heroine, Morrigan. She was obnoxious as heck, childish and annoying. You don't trash a man's house to make a point. Plus she was useless. This only served to make her more disagreeble.

I LOVE spirited, tough and assertive women in my fiction but this woman just came off as being a jerk. She made me like the hero more than I liked her. I felt he should
Missy
Feb 02, 2012 Missy rated it it was ok
THE BOOK WAS TERRIBLE. IF YOU LIKE THE COUPLE FIGHTING THE ENTIRE BOOK AND I DO MEAN THE ENTIRE BOOK AND GETTING TOGETHER FINALLY IN THE LAST 3 PAGES THIS BOOK IS FOR YOU THEN. I DON'T EXAGGERATE WHEN I SAY THE LAST THREE PAGES THEY MAKE UP AND FINALLY DECIDE THEY ARE GOING TO BE TOGETHER.
Marion
May 21, 2008 Marion rated it it was amazing
Shelves: erotic-romance
Morrigan Blake is a reporter who joins the Galaxy Brides to do a story. She has no intention to marry anybody. When Ualan sees her the crystal around his neck glows which means she is his mate. After the ceremony Morrigan tells Ualan that she has no intention of staying with him. Too late she realizes that according to Qurilixian law she is now married to Ualan. When he refuses to let her leave she declares herself a slave. Now Ualan has to treat her as such until Morrigan asks his parents to pa ...more
Julia's Book Haven
A very surprising book. I enjoyed it very much. Most alien romance books, at least the ones I've read, end up following the same plot. Alien dude kidnaps/saves and kidnaps/buys from somebody, a girl. And books usually focus a lot on the sex part of the relationship. This was different and refreshing. Even though the couple is married, the author comes up with a believable reason for the couple to get to know each other better before bringing sex into the relationship. I liked that a lot. Especia ...more
Grace
I really wanted to like the book based upon the premise, but I just ended up hating it. My main problem was the heroine, Morrigan, who is supposed to be a successful undercover reporter. This is the second book I have recently read where the author tries to make the heroine come off as smart and independent, but ends up failing miserably. Morrigan ends up coming across as immature, not smart, and childish. The way she treats the hero, Ualan, in some scenes is ridiculous. First, I do not believe ...more
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
What an frustrating book.. I almost ripped my hair out! If only the damn couple would communicate with each other better...xp Hope there's more books of Morrigan and Ualan :) Liked the side-kicks as well.
Monica **can't read fast enough**
This chick worked my very last nerve. I can't handle stubborn to the point of stupidity and Morrigan has this down to perfection. She is one of the most annoying characters that I have come across. I actually felt sorry that Ualan's one chance at happiness is this bratty harpie. But the world created is interesting. Review to come.
Erika
30% DNF

Wanted to keep going to see if it improved, but I just couldn't.
Really blah-dislikable-unrelatable-annoying heroine
Hero is blank slate at this point.
More erotica-like so far with no character depth, emotion. (didn't expect that)
ValerieC
March 30, 2016 - My taste in books has certainly changed since I first read this in 2011. I reduced this rating to 3 stars. The choking incident was waaaaay worrisome to me now, and the whip business was a total non-starter, too. I think this book is still a little too short, even though I am reading the revised/expanded version this time. There's just not enough world-building for me, although I know more if that comes in subsequent books (because I have read them).

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
2011 Revi
Karen
Jun 28, 2012 Karen rated it it was amazing
I Loved this book, bought it thinking it was a erotic book but it is more of a fantasy romance with some sex, As you can see from the description Women from Earth go thru a Bride service who says they will place them with a prince on a Planet far away, What they don't say is they are shapeshifters called Draig or dragons.. 7 feet tall. and hot.

They are born with a crystal that will match them with a soul mate so when Rigan goes to this planet to get a story since is a reporter she thinks she wil
SaturNalia
Rigan is an undercover reporter, possing as a potential bride for a Qurilixen male. Ualan is hopeful bridegroom who falls for Rigan at first sight. They are married by Qurilixen custom but Rigan is unaware. This sets up a light and quick romantic comedy. The characters are not too deep, here is no angst. I thought this was erotica, but there is not much sex. Rigan had a month to learn about Qurilixen but she missed the most important parts, like the marriage customs. Ualan didn't explain anythin ...more
Cindy
Jan 22, 2010 Cindy rated it liked it
For a 'star reporter' the heroine was pretty lame - not even doing the simplest research... Hero was more fun, but equally stubborn.

Dragon Lords
1. The Barbarian Prince (2005)
2. The Perfect Prince (2005)
3. The Dark Prince (2006)
4. The Warrior Prince (2006)

Related series:

Lords of the Var
1. The Savage King (2006)
2. The Playful Prince (2006)
3. The Bound Prince (2006)
4. The Rogue Prince (2006)
5. The Pirate Prince (2006)
Edylin
Feb 20, 2014 Edylin rated it did not like it
I couldnt finish the book :(
Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog)
Not much in know about the Qurilixens, they are a viking like, male dominated race; however, journalist Morrigan is determined to get the story on their marriage practices; especially about their royal family who are rumoured to be taking a wife from the latest batch of mail order brides supplied by Galaxy Brides. Going undercover as a prospective wife, Morrigan never expects to be swept off by a handsome barbarian herself, especially when he starts calling her wife...

I loves me a cheesy sci-fi
Edwina " I LoveBooks" "Deb"
EROTIC, FUNNY SCI FI FANTASY ROMANCE!!

Barbarian Prince was a light hearted, funny at times Sci Fi/Fantasy. It was a bit erotic too. Morrigan is a reporter posing as a Galaxy Bride to get the inside scoop of the Royal Qurilixian Males and there breeding marriage ritual. She never believed in a million years she would be chosen to marry a Draig. Let alone Prince Ualan who one day would be King. Ulan is a Dragon Shifter Prince and eldest son heir to thrown. He has this crystal that lite up when he
Alisa
Jun 23, 2014 Alisa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ahh, this aggravated me. I do like the fact that the heroine was strong and would NOT change for anyone... even a hot guy. That's a plus. But damn... no smut until like 80% of the book. And there's strong then there's just stubborn -_-

And why? Why is it that couples never talk?! WHY?! lol. A lot of probs could be avoided had they just talked instead of ASSUMED. Well, guess it happens in real life too >_<

But I really like the beginning to this series :0)
Lex Book Lover
Apr 28, 2016 Lex Book Lover rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The universe of this story is amazing. We are introduced to Morrigan Blake she signed up for Galaxy Brides Corporation so that she can expose any illegal or deceptive activity. She wants to do this in hopes that it will boost her career as a reporter. Morrigan was tired with just reporting wedding pieces and celebrity appearances. Galaxy Brides Corporation travels to trade with the many "barbaric, male-populated, humanoid planets eager for fertile young brides." The brides were being paid with e ...more
Marta Cox
May 17, 2015 Marta Cox rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
To celebrate a decade of being published Ms Pillow has gone back to where it all began and has issued new anniversary editions of her famous Dragon Lords books. These expanded and slightly revised editions hopefully show the growth that the author has gone through and it's a wonderful experience for this reader as this story was the first I read by Ms Pillow and I absolutely adore the new cover artwork!
Morrigan is a reporter and she's desperate to find out the truth behind Galaxy Brides and whil
Megan
What a great world Ms. Pillow has created with this new series The Dragon Lords! It is about four brothers, princes, and the trials and tribulations they encounter on their way to a happily ever after. All of the brothers meet their ‘life mates’ through a mail order type system where Earth women are invited to come to their planet which is mostly populated by men. There they participate in a ceremony where the men will or will not choose one of them for a bride.

The series starts with the oldest
IrishAmber
Reporter with no questions!?!

This female lead was not likeable at all! She's supposedly a clever news reporter, but yet she never asks any important or necessary questions. This woman, (if you can call her that) shows no inclination or intelligence to research and get to her new planet whatsoever. Inquisitive reporter my butt, that back story didn't fall inline with the pampered princess attitude she had from the very beginning. Spoiled, hurtful, childish, lazy, bad tempered, these were not acti
Book Nook  Nuts
Apr 21, 2016 Book Nook Nuts rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Audible Book: Barbarian Prince: Dragon Lords, Book 1 (Anniversary Edition)
Author: Michelle M. Pillow
Narrated By: Mason Lloyd
Reviewed by: Tammy Payne- Book Nook Nuts
My Rating: 4 Stars

REVIEW
"You are my Wife!”

What did you love best about Barbarian Prince?
I am an avid dragon shifter book lover and was excited to listen to this. I like that we not only meet the two main characters but also others in the family. I loved the last few chapters most of all.

What other book might you compare Barbarian P
Linda
Apr 23, 2016 Linda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook
Morrigans latest undercover mission as reporter was meant to be just to observe and write a great article about the Prince brides, she never thought shed end up one of the married couples.
Prince Ualan never thought this breeding festival would bring his better half, but it seems to be just whats happening. Life together with a woman who knows nothing about their customs, though, isnt a walk in the park, and when secrets starts to uncover, things get even trickier. Miscommunications is just the
Hanife
Resmen ön yargılı olduğum bir yazarı okutturdu bu tür bana. Hatunun daha önceki okuduğum kitabında da olduğu gibi kurduğu dünya tamamen ilgimi çeken. Çiftimizin aralarında olanlar bazen cidden olay olsun da kitap dolsun tadı verdi. Kızımız sinirlerime dokunan cinsten. Resmen eşşek inadı var. Dönmemde davamdan da dönmem diye yırtındı durdu. Oğlanda dengesiz. Bir yumuşak bir sert resmen birbirlerinin beyinlerinin canına okudular. Hikayeye yarıdan sonra alışabildim ama hala bu türde iyi bir kitap a ...more
Raine
Not too bad as the first book to a sci-fi/paranormal series. It felt like it didn't scratch the surface of the story that it could have been. Like Rigan's loneliness throughout her life and Ualan's sadness that she wanted to leave him. I think it could have been more...more emotional...more something.

Hopefully the next books in the series will be better.
Brittany
What, can I say? This book will definitely infuriate you but it is also a funny interesting take on Dragon shifters. I would have liked some more world building to be done. However, it was fun being able to read about the couples growing love. This shall be an interesting series.
Julia
Apr 28, 2013 Julia added it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf
Thought I'd try a new genre and it just didn't work for me. :(
Lisa Powell
Nov 27, 2016 Lisa Powell rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Painful

Can I rate this less than one star. The two characters hated each other until the last chapter. Fight, fight, hate, fight, hate. Exhausting and depressing.
Gigi
Feb 09, 2016 Gigi rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: buy-to-read
When you dislike the protagonist, it is hard to like the book.
Barbara Stewart
Mar 21, 2017 Barbara Stewart rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The book was ok. when a reporter, Rigan decides to go undercover and find out what goes on during this bride cruise she had to sign on as a future bride. but no way was she getting married. no, no way no how. till they dock and she meets the man with a body to die for and the bluest eyes she has ever seen. but she doesn't give up and go easy, nope. she makes him work for it and tires to get off the planet so she can do her job and report there is something crocked about the agency that sends bri ...more
Kymnesha
Jan 28, 2017 Kymnesha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
love this series so far can't wait to read the rest
  • The Lion's Woman
  • Cornering Carmen (Dragon Lords of Valdier, #5)
  • Captured
  • The Empress' New Clothes (Trek Mi Q'an, #1)
  • Alien Rule (Clans of Kalquor, #2)
  • Charlie's Bargain
  • Dual Abduction (Alien Abduction, #3)
  • Tempting Rever (Zorn Warriors, #3)
  • Dragon Down Under (Dragon Down Under, #1)
  • Oath of Seduction: Seducing Sharon (Shimerian Oath, #1)
  • Binding Krista (Fallon Mates, #1)
  • Bay's Mercenary (Unearthly World, #1)
  • More than a Man
  • Mercenary's Reward (War Tribe, #2)
New York Times & USA Today Bestselling Author
#1 Amazon Bestselling Author
www.MichellePillow.com

Michelle M. Pillow is a multi-published, National Bestselling Author writing in many fiction genres including the Bestselling Dragon-Shifter series Dragon Lords and Captured by a Dragon-Shifter, and the mischievously magical Warlocks MacGregor.

Works also include Lord of the Abyss and Lords of the Va
More about Michelle M. Pillow...

Dragon Lords (10 books)
  • Perfect Prince (Dragon Lords, #2)
  • Dark Prince (Dragon Lords, #3)
  • Warrior Prince (Dragon Lords, #4)
  • His Highness the Duke (Dragon Lords, #5)
  • The Stubborn Lord  (Dragon Lords, #6)
  • The Reluctant Lord (Dragon Lords, #7)
  • The Impatient Lord (Dragon Lords, #8)
  • The Dragon's Queen (Dragon Lords, #9)
  • Dragon Lords Books 5 - 8 Box Set (Dragon Lords, #5-8)

“The dreams that were buried the deepest were the hardest to get rid of.” 3 likes