Start by marking “Highland Rebel” as Want to Read:
Highland Rebel

Highland Rebel (Highland Dream #5)

3.56  ·  Rating Details  ·  117 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
Meet the irresistible Highland Rebel... He's music's hottest pop idol, a Celtic bad boy whose tradition-drenched rock rules the charts. But Ian MacGregor hails from 18th-century Scotland. And nothing can make him return except perhaps a certain blue-eyed lassie. Ellie Graham is his tour manager. But when she's swept back almost 300 years into the past and into treachery, o ...more
Published March 3rd 2009 by Berkley Books (first published February 2nd 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Highland Rebel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Highland Rebel

Zeek
Mediocre Scottish highland time travel romance. Interesting time travel twist but the heat level and chemistry between the h/h is tepid at best. I gave up about halfway through and skipped to the last chapter.

meh.
Kathy
The Highland Rebel is one Ian MacGregor, hot Celtic music pop idol whose music, and looks, tend to make women swoon. Ellie (Eleanor) Graham is his Goth clothed tour manager. What Ellie doesn't know is that Ian time traveled from the year 1711 to the current year. During one of his concerts Ellie realizes she's in love with Ian but a past hurt causes her to block out her feelings for him.

When Ellie accidentally travels back three centuries, Ian follows to save her and they both end up engaged in
Barbara ★
Mar 07, 2009 Barbara ★ rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Barbara ★ by: Tess Mallory
Wow Ian sounds delicious - he wears the kilt and plays the pipes...ooh la la.

Ian is from 1711 who time travels to 2008. He is the lead singer / bagpipe player in a very prosperous Celtic band. His road manager, Ellie is in love with him and unexpectedly travels back in time to 1734. Ian follows to save her and gets entangled in the Jacobite rising against England's enslavement of Scotland.

I really enjoyed this book. Really, what's not to love...Scotsmen, kilts, bagpipes and time travel. Definit
Pat Harris
Nov 18, 2015 Pat Harris rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
LOVED IT!!!
Denise
Jul 31, 2009 Denise rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This had a bit of the Outlander feel with the trying to change the future of Scotland. A few twists and turns that were not anticipated which I like.
Crystal
Oct 06, 2012 Crystal rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: time-travel, traded
Ian became a bit of a dipstick. Guess I've watched Back to the Future too many times - there's always a chance that your changing the past might alter your own future. In this case... his changing his family's future might cause her to cease to exist. So he's resolutely going about trying to change things, trying to send her back to her own time, and she's... trying to convince him to stop and come with her. At least there were no editing mistakes.

I had a bit more difficulty believing she'd tota
Tammy
May 01, 2013 Tammy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I didn't connect with the characters as much as I normally would in a book. I don't know if its because the author was getting tired of the series and wasn't feeling all that connected herself or what. I usually love reading Tess Mallory books but I struggled through this one.
Mary Lou DeVriendt
I love Tess Mallory's books, and this is her latest. It's full of adventure, romance, and fun. When I got to the last chapter, I stopped reading for awhile because I didn't want it to come to an end. A real page turner. Not to be missed!
Erica
Nov 21, 2011 Erica rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was okay, Its one of those one day reads that you spread out over a week. But an enjoyable story. PLus Highlander does = Hot. I recommend this if you want a light read after you have readmany other Highlander time travel novels.
Michelle
Jul 22, 2012 Michelle rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: traded-sold
This had the potential to be a GREAT story, but something was lacking. Ian was inconsistent, Ellie was scared of loving, I didn't really believe the chemistry between them.
Nina
Apr 20, 2011 Nina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a heartwarming time travel story. It is predictable, but I enjoyed it very much. I understand this is part of a series, but read very well as a stand alone.
Amy
Aug 17, 2012 Amy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book I thought was excellent how to two different people found each other and fell in love with each other
Jodotha
Predictable, but if you're stuck in an airport with nothing better to do, it'll pass the time fairly painlessly.
Amber
Oct 12, 2009 Amber rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 5-star-reads
Very much enjoyed this book. Loved that he went from being a piper to a rockstar, very fun read.
Kendra
Fun little time travel/romance book. Second book in a series.
Debbie Economidis
Not Gabaldon.
Trace
Sep 18, 2010 Trace rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010-books-read
Boring!
Lindsay B
Lindsay B marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2016
Julia
Julia marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2016
Mary Lamb
Mary Lamb marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2016
Viola Prins
Viola Prins marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2016
Debbie Diamond
Debbie Diamond marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2016
zebroshyennie
zebroshyennie marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2015
Kari Behune
Kari Behune marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2015
Carmen Haskins
Carmen Haskins marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2015
Sararollings
Sararollings marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2015
Katie Mcdonald
Katie Mcdonald rated it liked it
Oct 21, 2015
Andrea
Andrea added it
Sep 18, 2015
Simmu Pham
Simmu Pham marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Sword of the Highlands (Highlands, #2)
  • Rough and Ready (Viking II, #6)
  • A Hoboken Hipster in Sherwood Forest
  • Highlander's Curse (Daughters of the Glen, #8)
  • After The Storm
  • Once a Pirate
  • The Last Highlander
  • Highlander in Her Dreams (Highlander #2)
  • The Mammoth Book of Time Travel Romance
  • Night Visitor
Tess Mallory still believes in fairies, so she strives to make her books as magical as possible, filled with romance, humor, history, fun, and fantasy. Her life has been pretty magical, too. Not perfect, but truly blessed. She's a breast cancer survivor married to a guy so understanding, his name should be in lights, their three children love her in spite of the dragon shirts she loves to wear, an ...more
More about Tess Mallory...

Highland Dream (5 books)
  • Highland Dream (Highland Dream, #1)
  • Highland Fling (Highland Dream, #2)
  • Highland Magic (Highland Dream, #3)
  • Highland Rogue (Highland Dream, #4)