Mint Julep Murder (Death on Demand, #9)

Mint Julep Murder (Death on Demand #9)

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  718 ratings  ·  11 reviews
One of America's most beloved mystery writers, Carolyn G. Hart, the Agatha, Anthony, and Macavity Award-winning author, returns to her original mystery
series that features Annie Darling, owner of the Death on Demand Bookstore, and her husband, Max, with Mint Julep Murder.

Normally, Annie Laurence Darling would be eagerly awaiting her trip to Head Island, where this year's D...more
Published October 14th 2009 by Bantam (first published August 1st 1995)

Kitana
okay this is one of my mischievous BOOKS that i really like because it tells you about a mysterious murdering story and if you are interested in strange story i CONSIDER you to read it or buy it ;) !!!!!
Author: Carolyn G. Hart !!
M0rfeus
Jun 27, 2008 M0rfeus added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: my worst enemy
Shelves: whodunnits
ok i want to write a letter to the author telling her i will never purchase another of her books because of the gratuitous way in which she slanders conservatives. I don't know the demographics of the audience for mystery "cozies" which is what this is, but I guess it must be overwhelmingly liberal.

I see no reason to shell out money to have my political beliefs insulted. Hart makes conservatives out to be:

alcoholic
sneaky
swaggering
cowardly
ill-mannered
frauds

And while this makes for a good "red her...more
Ruth
I fine little romp despite (and it's a big "despite" in my book) ONCE AGAIN the novel resorting to suspecting one of the series' lead characters of murder. Really? how about someone else be suspected for a change? Just saying. We're all mystery fans, I think we'd be able to suspend our disbelief long enough to go with people-tend-to-die-around-Annie-and-Max-a-lot as an adequate reason for a nw book -- it really does NOT have to always be Annie and Max suspected of murder.

That being said, I real...more
Jessica
Of the nine books so far in the series, I liked this one the least. It was good, but it felt repetitive. Really, she has kind of done this story, in the first book. A group of authors, and a wanna-be author writing a tell-all book. Been there, read that, in this series. It was good, and there were plot twists and differences from the other story, but it felt a little stale.
Vondraya
A good fun read. Annie Darling, mystery book store owner, goes to the Dixie Book Festival and of course when a book publisher announces he's willing to write a "tell all" book about the five authors who are being honored...oops, he's murdered by poison.

A charming yet high spirited cozy.
Ashley FL
Cute cozy mystery. I think I've read others from this series. It doesn't make me want to rush out and read the rest of the series, but I would read others if I came across them.
Vicky Beltz
Cozy murder mysteries set out of a bookstore "Death On Demand."
Cherri
A very good who-dunnit. Good characters, fun mystery.
Cindy
Nov 17, 2007 Cindy rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: cozy lovers
Shelves: mysteries, cozy
Murder at a writer's convention in South Carolina.
Missy
Aug 20, 2007 Missy rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: bibliophiles
Dixie Book Festival..need I say more?
Natalie
Predictable easy read.
V  J Fazio
V J Fazio marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Susanne
Susanne marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2014
Rachella Baker
Rachella Baker marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
Vykki
Vykki marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
Melanie Brittingham
Melanie Brittingham marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2014
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2014
  • White Elephant Dead (Death on Demand, #11)
  • The Murder at the Murder at the Mimosa Inn (Claire Malloy, #2)
Also writing as Carolyn G. Hart.

An accomplished master of mystery with 46 published books, Carolyn Hart is the creator of the highly acclaimed Henrie O,Death on Demand, and Bailey Ruth Raeburn series. Her books have won multiple Agatha, Anthony, and Macavity Awards. Letter from Home (2003), her standalone mystery set in Oklahoma, was nominated for the Pulitzer Prize. Her latest book is Dead by Mid...more
More about Carolyn Hart...
Ghost at Work (Bailey Ruth, #1) Dare to Die (Death on Demand, #19) Sugarplum Dead (Death on Demand, #12) Yankee Doodle Dead (Death on Demand, #10) Engaged to Die (Death on Demand, #14)