Start by marking “The Sopranos: The Book” as Want to Read:
The Sopranos: The Book

The Sopranos: The Book

4.11  ·  Rating Details  ·  120 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Published to coincide with the airing of the series finale and packed with 200 full-color photos, "The Sopranos" provides an in-depth look into the details of the show's creation. Includes more than 50 original interviews with the cast, crew, and show producers.
Published May 15th 2007 by Liberty Street

To ask other readers questions about The Sopranos, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Sopranos

Brian
Jan 28, 2015 Brian rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
It's 2015, and I just finished watching "The Sopranos." As our president once said, "So sue me."

Cognizant that the ending of "The Sopranos" was controversial or ambiguious, I've avoided Sopranos knowledge, imploring those who've watched it not to reveal the end to the final episode, as if it was a football game already played and I was about to watch it on DVR. I've seen the end (no comment), and now I can read the books. I've gone through several, they're all about the same.

The books do clarify
Jevron McCrory
Feb 23, 2014 Jevron McCrory rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is NOT an analytical treatise on the series. This book is a CELEBRATION of the series and for that, it scores HUGE!

Uninterrupted interviews with cast members, lavish full page, full colour photographs of scenes and locations, articles zeroing in on themes through the show, etc, this is an absolutely essential hard back for the Sopranos fan!

I utterly adore this book!
Satine Dali
Dec 20, 2015 Satine Dali rated it really liked it
Goes into detail about how the series was written, casted, filmed, edited, the post production, how the set locations were found or created @ Silvercup Studios, the lighting, how the source music/score was selected, the attention to detail in the costumes and catering and the props that are stored in a huge warehouse. Basically this book is an easy read, with very rich images. Not only is is an easy read, but here you have a collection of the school of thought that went into creating my favorite ...more
Linda Lipko
Ok, I confess, I love the HBO show The Sopranos, primarily because the characters are so well developed.

Just when you think Tony Soprano is a kind, sensitive guy, babba bing, he "wastes" a rival. Just when you have compassion for Pauly Walnuts, slam bang, he dumps a body in the New Jersey pine barrens. Just when Carmela appears to be a conflicted soul regarding her husband's profession, whalla, her shallowness is manifested by the cushy life style she embraces.

This coffee table sized book is rep
Terry Ravenscroft
Excellent behind-the-scenes look at how possibly the best TV series ever (vying for first place with Breaking Bad) was put together. Lots of insights into the characters, the actors who played them and the writers who created them.
Terryann Saint
Mar 04, 2013 Terryann Saint rated it it was ok
The color choices in printing make it hard to read, black on gray, and ick - red on gray - almost impossible. Also, the words behind words is cool visually...but they should have upped the font size of the paragraphs to make them legible.

Cool pics, good coffee table book, I got way bored and left it about for a bit...but then went back and devoured it. I want to watch the whole series again, so I guess it's effective! I especially enjoyed the Episode Guide in the back.
Jono
Jul 27, 2011 Jono rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A brilliant book that you can either just look at and admire for the sheer beauty of its design and the great photos or read and find out some really great information and anecdotes about the greatest TV show ever made. An essential book for any true Sopranos fanatic.
Ian
Apr 01, 2008 Ian rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Obviously not a great literary work, but if you were into the Sopranos it has some really cool anecdotes and insights into some of the imagery within the episodes.
Danae
Oct 12, 2011 Danae rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Libro ultra completo sobre todas las temporadas de mi serie favorita, The Sopranos. Tiene tremendas imágenes y mucha trivia que cualquier fan amará.
Jess
Dec 08, 2007 Jess rated it really liked it
Yes, I really did read this from cover to cover. I only wish it had been longer.
Jessica
An ultra-cool behind-the-scenes look at the world created for The Sopranos.
Doktah
Doktah rated it it was amazing
Jan 24, 2016
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it it was amazing
Jan 20, 2016
Gitte
Gitte marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2016
Elvir Pasalic
Elvir Pasalic marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2016
Patrick
Patrick marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2015
Sandy
Sandy rated it really liked it
Dec 13, 2015
April Vaughn
April Vaughn rated it it was amazing
Dec 31, 2015
MJH1987
MJH1987 marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2015
Chris T.
Chris T. rated it it was amazing
Dec 05, 2015
Totzhe
Totzhe marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2015
Gerry
Gerry rated it it was amazing
Sep 21, 2015
John J Questore
John J Questore marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2015
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2015
Terri Naughton
Terri Naughton rated it really liked it
Jul 30, 2015
Ali
Ali marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2015
Chris
Chris rated it it was amazing
Jul 08, 2015
Lindsey
Lindsey marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2015
Krystle Kouture
Krystle Kouture marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • The Lost Chronicles: The Official Companion Book with Bonus DVD Behind the Scenes of LOST
  • Deadwood: Stories of the Black Hills
  • The Sopranos Family Cookbook: As Compiled by Artie Bucco
  • Grindhouse: The Sleaze-Filled Saga of an Exploitation Double Feature
  • Finding Lost: The Unofficial Guide
  • The Wire: Truth Be Told
  • Crystal Lake Memories: The Complete History of Friday The 13th
  • Scorsese on Scorsese
  • The Making of The Empire Strikes Back (Star Wars:  The Making of, #2)
  • Pixarpedia
  • Simpsons World - The Ultimate Episode Guide (Seasons 1-20)
  • Watchmen: The Official Film Companion (Hardcover Edition)
  • Prometheus: The Art of the Film