Start by marking “Summer's Road” as Want to Read:
Summer's Road

Summer's Road

4.31 of 5 stars 4.31  ·  rating details  ·  32 ratings  ·  18 reviews
After her father’s death, Summer Quinn realizes just how alone she feels in the world. With no family to fill her life now, she finds comfort among friends, but yearns for true love, contentment, and family. When her boyfriend, Matt, suggests they raise their relationship to a higher level, Summer jumps at the chance to get everything she’s always wanted. Only, she doesn’t ...more
Paperback, First, 300 pages
Published March 25th 2011 by The Wild Rose Press (first published March 23rd 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Summer's Road, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Summer's Road

Divergent by Veronica RothSilence by Becca FitzpatrickThe Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsBloodlines by Richelle MeadForever by Maggie Stiefvater
My 2011 Summer Reading List
61st out of 409 books — 514 voters
Divergent by Veronica RothClockwork Prince by Cassandra ClareUnearthly by Cynthia HandSilence by Becca FitzpatrickCrossed by Ally Condie
Published in 2011
8th out of 228 books — 137 voters

More lists with this book...

Romancing the Book
Review: Before you read this book you may want to have a box of tissues handy as they may be needed.

Art teacher Summer Quinn has gone through an awful lot in her life. Raised by her father, her mother left them while she was young; she now has to deal with her past.

Summer having just lost her father to cancer is now on her own. All her life she has relied on her friends to get her through any situation that arises. And as good friends they coddle her and help her to survive.

Summer was teased as
Lisa
I recently received a copy of Summer's Road by Kelly Moran from the publisher.
When I sat down to read it, I thought I would read a few chapters and then come back to it later that evening. I did not know I would become so engrossed in the novel, that it would not be possible for me to do that. What I also did not know is that because of this, I would end up sitting on my bed till 1:30 am reading until the very last chapter.
It’s been a long time since I have done that with any book. Sure, I have
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
When Summer's mom left her and her dad, she said she was fine. When people belittled throughout her childhood because she didn't have a mother involved in her life, she said she was fine. When her father got sick and died, she said she was fine. But Summer was not fine. She hid her emotions and thoughts away from the friends who stayed by her side. They never pressed her to talk about the feelings she had bottled up inside. Summer never really opened up before. And now, things are changing rapid ...more
Marilyn Brant
Art teacher Summer Quinn has long been haunted by her mother's abandonment when she was a baby and, more recently, has experienced the profound loss of her father. But Summer always found solace in her good friends, Rick, Dee and Ian, the latter of whom has been "the boy next door" for as long as she can remember.

Now, just at the point when Summer seems to be getting her life together with Matt, her kind and reliable boyfriend, and gaining a burgeoning sense of the security she's always craved,
Donna
This is an incredible story. At times sweet and shy and others gut-wrenching and painful. I appreciated the way that we got the background information necessary to understand why Summer is the way she is. The characters are so well written you feel as if you’ve known them their entire lives. Ms. Moran takes no shortcuts and you are with Summer, Ian & Matt for the entire process. Break out the tissues and prepare to laugh and cry I know I did.
I received a copy of this book from the author in
Guilty Pleasures
This is my first book from author Kelly Moran and it was such a well written book. Summer’s Road grabbed me from the beginning page and stayed with me long after I finished. To me that’s a sign of a good book when you think of these characters as real people and you begin to care for them as such.

Summer's Road is a story of loss and forgiveness and how one deals or doesn’t deal with them.

To read Amanda's entire review click this link

Sarah Butland
Summer’s Road is mixed with romance, heartbreak, friendship and a road not commonly travelled but in the end it taught me to cherish what I have and not dwell on what I don’t.

While travelling a road you can stop to smell the orchid’s, take in the sights but you need to keep moving as you never know what beauty is waiting just ahead.

Remember what made you who you are but be that person and grow.

Thanks again to Kelly Moran for sharing this novel with me. It’s like we’re Summer and Dee even though
Nicola
A lovely story about the discovery of the truth and what is really important in life - so true to reality. I read this book in one sitting. It was easy to sympathize with all the characters, and their progression over the story was realistic and poignant. Tissues are a requirement, but the sadness is well balanced by the humour and happiness of the story.
Faith
Summer's Road is a very touching story about love, loss, and friendship. I was prepared to love this book, from reading other reviews, what I didn't expect was to feel so much.

To be so immersed in the story-telling as if I was there. I felt Summer's loneliness, her loss, her love.
I could feel Ian's struggle to tell Summer how he felt. Their friends love and devotion to them and each other.
I loved the glimpses into the past, showing the reader how everything came to be. I love that I cried with
Kari Lemor
The book Summer's Road by Kelly Moran had me on a roller coaster ride from start to finish. This was a well written, emotion-filled story about love, loss and friendship with the added benefit of a nice, though complicated, romance. There were many times I wanted to scream at the characters but a few times I actually cried with them, too. This author has this effect on people with her wonderful stories that pack a punch. I would definitely give this a high recommendation.
Marcia
Excellent book, I love the characters and the love story and how the group of friends all stay together after high school
Sally Wagoner
Apr 14, 2014 Sally Wagoner rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fairy tale and Heartfelt romance readers
*wiping tears* Wow, what an amazing sincere, heartfelt romance. Having married 'the boy next door', I can so totally relate to this. Kelly had me laughing, ready to slap someone and crying throughout this entire book. There were so many gut-wrenching moments that I had to have a mental break for a second so I could wipe the tears and be able to see the words to continue. If you want to be taken on a magical, heartfelt romance than this book is for you. Kelly makes sure you understand what trials ...more
Carol
Mar 30, 2011 Carol rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2011
This should be more like 3.5 instead of 3 stars. This should be a 3.5 rating. It seemed too ambitious to me. There were several main characters with their own thoughts and feelings but there were also flashbacks to the earlier years of the main character, Summer. The part that I liked the most was the story of young Summer and experience of being without a mother while she grew up. There were some tender moments between Summer and her father in this book. I would have preferred for Kelly Moran t ...more
Chele
*SPOILERS* I recently received a copy of Summer's Road by Kelly Moran.....Emotional,'real' characters .Come read this story ,with its ups and down of emotions and denials that lead Summer and Ian to a happy place.
Summer...locking feelings away so that she wont worry people so they wont leave her,never realizing that she is hurting them by shutting them out.
Rick and Dee are two of Summer's friends that will do anything to help her.
Matt another friend who wants more.
Ian.Wonderful Ian,I just wanted
J.M. Stewart
Summer’s Road was such a wonderful read. Heartfelt and emotional, you feel everything right along with the characters. It often gave me the perspective of being an outsider, sitting in someone’s living room, watching them play out their lives. Like you’re sitting in a small town, watching it all happen. Like you’re there with them. The characters aren’t perfect, they’re real, with desires and hurts and fears. Like they're people you could know. A wonderful book. Hooked me from the first page and ...more
Kathy
Summer's Road by Kelly Moran is a lovely friends to lovers romance. It is also an emotional journey of healing and forgiveness for Summer Quinn as she makes peace with her past. But the heart and soul of this wonderful story is the delightful friendship that Summer shares with her best pals Ian, Rick and Dee.

Summer has been unable to move on from the two defining moments of her life-her mother's long ago abandonment and more recently, her beloved father's death from cancer. On the four year ann
Melinda Lorenzo
for my friends with romantic hearts: if you liked the forever of ella and micah, and/or the best friends leading to love type of story you will LOVE this. i actually teared up a bit with some of ian's POV.
Melissa Aguirre
i thought it was awesome it truly tells how someone feels when they don't have anybody.It tells the true story which was great
Jean
Jean marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2015
Dana Heaton
Dana Heaton marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2015
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2015
Suzanne
Suzanne marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2015
Alexa
Alexa marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2015
Anja
Anja added it
Feb 22, 2015
Kimberly
Kimberly marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2015
Gracie Liberty
Gracie Liberty marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Kelly Moran is a romance author of enchanting ever-afters. She is the winner of the 2013 Catherine Award, a RT Magazine Readers Choice Finalist, and a 2014 Award of Excellence Finalist through RWA, plus she earned one of the 10 Best Reads of 2013 by USA TODAY's HEA.

Kelly's been known to say that she gets her ideas from everyone and everything around her and there's always a book playing out in he
More about Kelly Moran...
The Dysfunctional Test Return to Me (Covington Cove, #1) Ghost of a Promise (Phantoms, #1) The Drake House When the Leaves Stop Falling

“I think only when you are truly alone can you see you never were.” 96 likes