Start by marking “My Give a Damn's Busted (Honky Tonk, #3)” as Want to Read:
My Give a Damn's Busted (Honky Tonk, #3)

My Give a Damn's Busted (Honky Tonk #3)

4.08 of 5 stars 4.08  ·  rating details  ·  596 ratings  ·  32 reviews
He's just doing his job...

If Hank Wells thinks he can dig up dirt on the new owner of the Honky Tonk beer joint for his employer, he's got no idea what kind of trouble he's courting...

She's not going down without a fight...

If any dime store cowboy think's he's going to get the best of Larissa Morley-or her Honky Tonk-then he's got another think coming...

As secrets emerge
Published October 1st 2010 by Sourcebooks Casablanca

To ask other readers questions about My Give a Damn's Busted, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Give a Damn's Busted

Wendy Hines
Larissa Morley is the newest owner of the Honky Tonk, a bar where people come to relax, dance, and listen to good ole country music. Larissa has had a rough time of it, so settling into her new (fixer-upper) home and bar, she feels like she has come home. She takes no sass from anyone and gives as good as she gets.

Hank Wells has been investigating Larissa and really wants to get his hands on the Honky Tonk. He can't figure out why she won't sell when the price is so good. He figures he'll lay lo
Sandy M
Now, this book I really enjoyed! The heroine came with no relationship baggage like the two previous heroines, so maybe that’s the difference to Ms Brown when she writes these types of characters. We met Larissa in Hell, Yeah when she ends up in Mingus and the Honky Tonk trying to find herself. She definitely found herself and I found a new side of this author.

This is not to say there aren’t still some issues in the book, but this is such an improvement over those before it. The heroine has a mu
(Tori-Smexybooks) smexys_sidekick
Becky Albritton
Larissa & Hank are great characters. However, I thought this one went on a bit too long and the same thing was repeated several times in different spots. Overall it was a decent read and had some funny moments. I would say "Give it a try."
Amy Jacobs
In this third installment of the series, we get the pleasure of meeting Hank and Larissa. I loved the bickering, the sparks and the western bar theme. The author knows how to bring the pages to life and make you feel as though you just stopped by for a drink in a great place! Larissa is strong willed and ready to fight for what she has and believes in. She doesn't take any grief from anyone. Hank is hiding secrets, yet he has the sex appeal to make you forget the real reason he is in town. He al ...more
Evolet Yvaine
First of all, let me just say that I don’t like country music. At all.

Let me rephrase that: I like very little (eensy-teensy, really) country music.I can handle Taylor Swift and a little Shania, but the twangy my woman/tractor/dog/boss/done-me-wrong whiny shit I cannot stand. With that being said, this whole series is all country, all the time.

Interesting things about this series as a whole:

* It takes place in a little town called Mingus, Texas. Probably one of those sneeze-blink-and-you’ll-miss
Bookaholics
My Give a Damn’s Busted by Carolyn Brown
Contemporary Western -Oct. 5th, 2010
3 1/2 stars

Honky Tonk, a bar in Mingus, TX has a 'curse' - every one of its' female owners has fallen in love with a cowboy and found their happily ever after. Larissa, the latest owner, of Honky Tonk has to fend off a corporate buyout, run the bar, and resist her growing attraction to Hank Wells, a strapping “drugstore” cowboy. Larissa doesn’t want to go back to her past life, but does Hank love her enough to give up hi
Carrie
MY GIVE A DAMN’S BUSTED is the third book in the Honky Tonk series. I was really looking forward to Larissa’s story. I have mixed feelings about this book. I enjoyed reading it and loved the characters, but some of the characters actions annoyed the heck out of me. Hank knows that he shouldn’t get involved with Larissa since they are on opposite sides of a very important issue. Larissa doesn’t know that he is really there to work against her and they would have been saved a lot of heartache if h ...more
Julie Failla Earhart
Jo Dee Messina’s hit country song is not only the title of this rollicking new romance, it’s also the anthem of the hottest new bartender in Texas, Larissa Morley.
Larissa moved to Mingus because she was tired of trying to find herself. She got out a map, turned around three times, and where her finger landed is where she landed. The Honky Tonk’s previous owners, Daisy and Cathy, found love everlasting and gave the bar to Larissa. Mixing oldies and contemporary country music, the bar is gainin
Cheryl
Larissa Morley is the latest owner to run the Honky Tonk bar. Larissa is wondering if she will find the perfect man for her. This is how the last couple of owners found their husbands.

Hank Wells was sent to dig up any dirt that he could on the new owner of the Honky Tonk bar. Boy did Hank get in over his head. Hank makes the worse first impression with Larissa. He almost runs her off the road. From there things just go down hill quickly. Luckily, Hank is a pro at getting his foot out of his mou
April
MY GIVE A DAMN'S BUSTED by Carolyn Brown is an exciting contemporary romance set in modern day rural town Texas. It is the third in the Honky Tonk series, Book one,Hell Yeah, Book two I Love This Bar. It is well written with details and depth. It has love, wit,sensuality, romance, passion, rural charm, gutsy characters, betrayal, secrets, sexy cowboy,sassy woman, country music, and high society meets country. This is a fun, flirty country romance with lots of wit, great dialog and country music. ...more
Vicki
The Honky Tonk charm continues in book three of the series.

This time Larissa Morley is running the Tonk and as with Daisy and Cathy (the previous owners from books 1 and 2) Larissa is as happy as a pig in mud running her bar and living in her quaint little house in Mingus, Texas. And it might have been Daisy and Cathy's destiny but she didn't need any handsome cowboy in hers. Yessiree, life is pretty good.

That is until the Radner Corporation come calling. Hayes Radner wants to build a massive a
My Give a Damn's Busted. Carolyn Brown. 2010. Sourcebooks. 366 pages. ISBN 9781402239281.

My Give a Damn's Busted is the third novel in Carolyn Brown's Honky Tonk bar series, regaling us once again with unlikely romance between two people and featuring sassy country-gal Larissa Morley.

The Honky Tonk bar resides in small-town Mingus, Texas. When city-bred Hank Wells literally crashes into bar owner Larissa with his truck, the possibility of true love mingles in the air, formulating flirtations and
Kimberly Lewis
This is the third book in Ms. Brown’s “Honky Tonk Series” and I gotta say, this one didn’t reel me in like the first two did. This one also got on my nerves the most with the country music references (Jo Dee Messina’s “My Give A Damn’s Busted” is the running theme…as you can tell from the title). That being said, the rest of the book made up for it. I was hooked from the middle on and honestly didn’t want to put it down. Larissa Morley now owns the Honky Tonk and takes care of running the place. ...more
David Bailey
Carolyn Brown's books are womderful romantic series books. The Honky Tonk books are excellently written. Be sure to read them in order as they are a progression of the history of the bar known as the Honky Tonk. "I Love This Bar" is the first of the 4 books in this series. Carolyn Brown is one of the finest author's today. She includes humor into an unlikely set of circumstances that create wonderful love stories.
PCT
Like the rest of the books in the series, I was engaged by some plot twists and conversations - some bits were very heartfelt and endearing, but at other points I was drifting off and bored and annoyed with repetition, and just wanted to skim to finish. Numerous references to title song become monotonous. The downsides reduced my rating from 4 to a 3 star.
Wminbc
I loved Hank and even though he made a very bad decision to with hold information, he knew that it would have changed everything...he would have missed the dance and so would have Larissa...

Fate or kismet or the stars have something to do with meeting your HEA...but if it is really meant to be, the players need to be open, honest and tell their partner how they really feel. In life and in books, I love it when people put themselves out there...Love as if you have never been hurt. A better motto
Gail
The characters seemed to talk awful fast, and even the ones who weren't supposed to be talkers talked a lot. And always had the perfect comeback. But it was a cute story and I enjoyed it. Though the kiddie rodeo went on a little long for me. Probably because it wasn't a novel thing for me.
Joycee
I was pleasantly surprised. Everyone's happy in the end despite the complications in the protagonists' lives. Dunno if I want to read the previous 2 in the series, but I want to meet the cowboy that sweeps Sharlene off her feet. And what will become of the Honky Tonk when Sharlene starts her happily ever after?!
Michelle
I'm not sure what it was but I enjoyed this book so much more than the others in the series. I loved how Hank and Larissa both had a past that they were trying to escape except they fit together so well no matter where they were. I enjoyed that the major "reveal" happened midway through the book so that there was time for growth and not just a quick makeup in the last chapter. This has been a fun and enjoyable series so far and I am still looking forward to the last because this book has raised ...more
Amanda
It was cute. Pretty predictable but cute just the same. I didn't realize when I picked up this book that it was in a series and that there are 2 books prior to this. It didn't seem to detract anything from the book but the references to the other characters got a little old after awhile. It was a quick read and I would recommend to my friends. Of course I would probably recommend they read the first two in the series first and then tell me how good they were:)

Trisha Law
My Give a Damn's Busted had a good story line, I just found the constant one line quips a bit much. I wasn t aware that this was a book in a series until I had read part way through and found the cast of characters quite large, if I had started at book one, it would have been easier to keep all the players straight. I received this book free through Goodreads.
Tammy
Made it to Chapter Two before I gave up. Enough swearing in the first page to make me think the author has a very limited vocabulary. Chapter failed to improve and there is simply to many other books to read to continue to waste my time on trash like this.
Barbara ★
I really liked Larissa and Hank but I thought the story was too long and repetitive at times. I did like the authors use of country music songs and/or lyrics to make her point. This wasn't as good as book 2 in the series, which is the only other one I've read, but I will be reading others as I just love these sassy heroines.
Dawn ♥ romance
This story started out slow with background description of too many characters. The plot has been used before and there was lots of exaggeration It picked up midway but I was already skimming. Hank and bar owner Larrisa get in auto accident and he has hidden agenda.
Kelsey
I have loved all of the books in the Honky Tonk series! I think this one quickly became my favorite after reading the first few chapters. I loved how all the characters were tied to each other in some form. I liked finding out more about Ruby Lee as well.
Nibrock
I picked up this book for the title. It matched my feelings at that moment. It was the first "coyboy" book I had read in a while. I really enjoyed the characters and the setting. The author kept the plot moving.
Tiss
Oct 31, 2010 Tiss rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Tiss by: Kathy Branford
I like her writing style. Every time I think the book is about over, another aspect shows up and I just have to keep turning the pages.
Ann (Noumena12)
I'm not really a fan of country music and honky tonks. Heck, I don't think I've ever been to a honky tonk. But I really enjoy these books!
Charlotte
Jan 19, 2013 Charlotte marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
"My Give a Damn's Busted"?
Best title in HISTORY.

"Honky Tonk #3"

Okay, now I definitely need a drink.
(to-read)
  • Cowboy Fever
  • Teaming Up (Harlequin NASCAR, #26)
  • Turn My World Upside Down: Jo's Story
  • Down In Texas
  • Ex, Why, And Me
  • Straight Up (Wild Hart Saga, #2)
  • Catch Me A Cowboy (Deep in the Heart of Texas, #3)
  • Claimed! (Sons of Chance, #3)
  • Rough Stock
  • Unbreakable (The Dalton Gang, #2)
  • Hearts Under Caution (Harlequin NASCAR, #1)
  • The Great Scot (Chisholm Brothers, #2)
  • Saddled and Spurred (Blacktop Cowboys, #2)
  • Footloose (Bellagio, #3)
  • Desert Rogues Part 2
  • British Bad Boys
Hi! I'm twenty five years old and movie star gorgeous. The camera added thirty plus years and a few wrinkles. Can't trust those cameras or mirrors either. Along with bathroom scales they are notorious liars! Honestly, I am the mother of three fantastic grown children who've made me laugh and given me more story ideas than I could ever write. My husband, Charles, is my strongest supporter and my be ...more
More about Carolyn Brown...

Honky Tonk (4 books)
  • I Love This Bar (Honky Tonk, #1)
  • Hell, Yeah (Honky Tonk, #2)
  • Honky Tonk Christmas (Honky Tonk, #4)
The Ladies Room Love Drunk Cowboy (Spikes & Spurs, #1) Lucky in Love (Lucky, #1) I Love This Bar (Honky Tonk, #1) One Lucky Cowboy (Lucky, #2)