Start by marking “Queen Vernita Meets Sir Heathybean the Astronomer” as Want to Read:
Queen Vernita Meets Sir Heathybean the Astronomer
Preview

Queen Vernita Meets Sir Heathybean the Astronomer

4.07 of 5 stars 4.07  ·  rating details  ·  15 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Queen Vernita continues her educational adventures with Sir HeathyBean the Astronomer.

Sir HeathyBean spends twelve informative months in Queen Vernita's castle in the land of Oceaneers. His visit along with Cora the Teacher is centered on learning everything they can about the solar system.
Published July 27th 2010 by Outskirts Press

To ask other readers questions about Queen Vernita Meets Sir Heathybean the Astronomer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Queen Vernita Meets Sir Heathybean the Astronomer

Bookbzz.com
Dawn Menge's children's books in the Queen Vernita series have won many awards and justifiably so as they combine appealing characters, excellent color illustrations and an educational subject matter in a series of books which will both entertain and educate.

Menge's books are always packed with facts and Queen Vernita Meets Sir HeathyBean the Astronomer is no exception, but they are delivered in a way which seeks to drive further discussion which goes well beyond the sentence that appears. For e
Carrie Rundhaug
Queen Vernita Meets Sir HeathyBean the Astronomer is the latest book by author Dawn Menge. This book was co-authored by Heath Rhoades. This book is highly education as well as entertaining to read.

In this book Queen Vernita has invited Sir HeathyBean the Astronomer and Cora the Teach to her castle in the Land of Oceaneers. Queen Vernita then invites twelve very different guests to come and learn about the solar system.

The authors utilize the style of the book to reinforce the months of the year
Inspired Kathy
3.5 Stars

After reading this book I actually did a little research about why this book was written. Author Dawn Menge works with severely handicapped children. She has used her knowledge to create this book as a teaching tool.

Each month Queen Vernita invites a new visitor to be taught by Sir HeathyBean the Astronomer. The book is laid out in the following Fashion:

In January a visitor comes to learn about the sun.
On Monday he is taught....
On Tuesday he learned...
On Wednesday...

Each month a new vi
Chrissy
I rate this book 4.5 stars

Queen Vernita Meets Sir Heathybean The Astronomer is the third book in the Queen Vernita series. In this book you will learn about the planets over a 12 month period with a new visitor every month..

My daughter loved this book and I like the educational value. She is little now but she will enjoy this book for years to come. My daughter really liked the pictures, they where very colorful and they kept her attention on each page. I have always been fascinated with our pla
Babs
Sep 13, 2010 Babs rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Homeschoolers, teachers etc
I just got done reading this fascinating book with my kids. I learned right along with them about the solar system. This is the fist of this series that I have read and was happy to do so. There were some things I have forgotten all about and my boys were happy to learn. Every school in the US should have this in their system. An easy way for kids to learn about things. I would not mind having my boys read the whole series and I will ask both of their schools if they have them in the library. If ...more
Sandra Stiles
Once again Queen Vernita invites twelve friends to visit her, each for one month. Her visitors learn all about astronomy by Sir Heathybean The Astronomer and Cora the Teacher. The books are full of astronomy facts for the science lover in all of us. This is another great book to add to my shelves. This book is geared more toward the middle grade student. A child of any age will love the wonderful pictures.
PK Reeves
Learning the Solar system via Queen Vernita & HeathyBean see review on Aisle B http://aisleb.tumblr.com/post/2414698...
Dawn
Jul 21, 2012 Dawn added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Ruth Hill
Ruth Hill marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2010
Sarah Sammis
Sarah Sammis marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2010
Celebrating The Newest Queen Vernita Adventure 1 3 Feb 06, 2011 05:29AM
Dawn Menge holds a Bachelors Degree from Washington State University specializing in Human Development. She also holds a Clear Credential and Masters in Special Education from California State University San Bernardino. She is currently entering the dissertation phase of her PHD program at Capella University. She is specializing in Curriculum and Instruction.

As an Education Specialist specializing
More about Dawn Menge...
Queen Vernita Visits the Blue Ice Mountains Queen Vernita's Visitors Queen Vernita Visits Gator Country QUEEN VERNITA VISITS BAJA QUAIL Queen Vernita Visits the Islands of Enchantment