Start by marking “When Your Body Gets the Blues: The Clinically Proven Program for Women Who Feel Tired and Stressed and Eat Too Much” as Want to Read:

3.69  ·  Rating Details  ·  58 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Millions of women don't feel their best and don't know why. They're not outright depressed, but they aren't really happy either. They eat too much or have gained weight lately. They find it hard to concentrate or have trouble sleeping. They feel tense, anxious, or irritable, or they're highly sensitive to criticism. They're tired and not very interested in sex (or even eve ...more
Published February 23rd 2002 by Rodale Books

To ask other readers questions about When Your Body Gets the Blues, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about When Your Body Gets the Blues

Janet
I think that the very simple actions recommended by the researcher authors of this book could have a profound, positive impact on the lives of thousands of women: get more natural light, go for twenty minutes walks five times a week, and take specific easily-obtained vitamin and mineral supplements. What makes the book even more valuable are its structure and tone.

The authors gracefully, gently, and convincingly blend their own scientific research, the findings of other researchers, the experien
Jenny
Jan 26, 2009 Jenny rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read some of this book online at GoogleBooks. I've been telling DH for years that he could tell what my mood was going to be (ie -- will I be cranky or will he get lucky) by the time of the month it was. He thought I was crazy, but eventually realized I was right. This book explains how hormones affect mood and how it relates to your menstrual cycle. I especially liked the contrast with men's hormone levels: "There is no male equivalent to the rise and fall of hormones that women experience wi ...more
Alise
Feb 28, 2014 Alise rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This woman did a study in Seattle on women who were not depressed and had them walk outside 20 minutes a day (or light box + indoor excercise if not able to go outside) and took certain vitamins and their moods all improved. I haven't tried any vitamins but I definitely feel happier when I get outside and excercise!
Sotteria Wetsch
My doctor recommended it. This book saved me! It is the natural way to fight depression.
Catherine
Jan 26, 2014 Catherine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
I've found this book to be very helpful in dealing with the winter blahs. I definitely recommend it.
Libbeth
Oct 19, 2008 Libbeth rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2006
Apr 12, 2013 Laura rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very interested in testing this out and seeing if it makes a difference.... seems simple enough. :)
Linda
Linda rated it it was amazing
Apr 07, 2016
Beth Ann Berger
Beth Ann Berger rated it liked it
Apr 02, 2016
KA Mitchell
KA Mitchell rated it really liked it
Feb 29, 2016
Barbara
Barbara rated it liked it
Feb 21, 2016
Dualsun
Dualsun marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2016
Helen
Helen rated it really liked it
Jan 31, 2016
Mary L. Strife
Mary L. Strife rated it it was amazing
Jan 18, 2016
Judi
Judi marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2015
Victoria
Victoria marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2015
Teri
Teri added it
Oct 03, 2015
Susan
Susan rated it it was ok
Sep 13, 2015
Connie
Connie added it
Sep 02, 2015
Cassie
Cassie marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2015
Carrie
Carrie marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2015
Janean
Janean marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2015
Sarah marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2015
Shannon
Shannon marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2015
Iris
Iris rated it it was amazing
Mar 12, 2015
Deborahanndilley
Deborahanndilley marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2015
Rachel Breyta
Rachel Breyta rated it it was amazing
Mar 09, 2015