Start by marking “L'amore è un cane che viene dall'inferno” as Want to Read:
L'amore è un cane che viene dall'inferno

L'amore è un cane che viene dall'inferno

4.18 of 5 stars 4.18  ·  rating details  ·  16,469 ratings  ·  625 reviews
Vagabondi, falliti, pezzenti, ubriaconi, giocatori d'azzardo di terz'ordine, prostitute e naturalmente il poeta stesso, fallito tra i falliti e pezzente tra i pezzenti: è questo il mondo di cui si popolano i versi di Bukowski, un mondo osservato a volte con il distacco sarcastico di chi ne scorge con chiarezza e lucidità i limiti e le piccolezze, altre volte con la genuina ...more
Paperback, Le Fenici tascabili, 207 pages
Published June 28th 2007 by Guanda (first published 1977)

To ask other readers questions about L'amore è un cane che viene dall'inferno, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about L'amore è un cane che viene dall'inferno

people are not good to each other.
perhaps if they were
our deaths would not be so sad.

Love him or hate him, Charles Bukowski was a bitter, drunken asshole with a gift for putting onto paper all the ugliness and baseness hiding in the human heart. Before jumping into the discovery and thoughts that are the inspiration for this ramble about the dirty old writer, a few moments should be spent on the actual poetry found in this volume. I’ve always enjoyed the earlier Bukowski, before he became too ja
Bukowski. Here's a poem.

I don’t know how many bottles of beer
I have consumed while waiting for things
to get better
I don’t know how much wine and whisky
and beer
mostly beer
I have consumed after
splits with women—
waiting for the phone to ring
waiting for the sound of footsteps,
and the phone to ring
waiting for the sounds of footsteps,
and the phone never rings
until much later
and the footsteps never arrive
until much later
when my stomach is coming up
out of my mouth
they arrive as fresh a
Don't tell me I don't get it. I know I probably don't. But Jesus Christ, if I have to read one more poem about the women he's screwed and the women who've screwed him, I'm going to start writing my own collection of poetry about the cereal I eat in the morning and try to publish that.

Granted, I am not a great lover of poetry. And I have very low tolerance for people who want to eloquently bemoan about their shitty lives without seemingly caring to get their shit together. Honestly, I'm not reall
Amira Mahmoud

قررت أن استعين به لاقتحام عالم بوكوفسكي
خاصة وأن قراءة شعر مترجم ليست بالأمر السهل
أنا قل

An Almost Made Up Poem

I see you drinking at a fountain with tiny
blue hands, no, your hands are not tiny
they are small, and the fountain is in France
where you wrote me that last letter and
I answered and never heard from you again.
you used to write insane poems about
ANGELS AND GOD, all in upper case, and you
knew famous artists and most of them
were your lovers, and I wrote back, it’ all right,
go ahead, enter their lives, I’ not jealous
because we’ never met. we got close once in
New Orleans, one half
والرجال يفرطون في السكر
ولا أحد يجد ضالته،
لكنهم يحتفظون جميعا بالأمل
زاحفين من سرير لآخر.
اللحم يبحث عن ما هو أَنْفَسُ من اللحم.
ليس هناك أي خلاص:
امتلأت المقابر
إنها فعلا الأشياءُ الوحيدة
التي تمتلئ.

Kat Stark

I don't believe that any reviewer can properly review poetry. There are too many different assumptions, perspectives, and overall feelings that a person can have toward a set of words. That being said, Bukowski's writing is something that I enjoy reading. He is a dark, bitter, and drunken asshole, but I tend to either hate him and/or sympathize with him. Then, at times...I would want to have a drink with this man. He is quite the character. Instead of talking about the themes, ups and downs of h
Aritry Das
Jan 11, 2013 Aritry Das rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who like beat poetry
Recommended to Aritry by: Atindriyo
Shelves: favorites
You either love Bukowski or you don't. There is no in between these two choices.

Life as we live it - is depicted in his verses like a nude woman, stripped off all covers and ornaments, bared, with all the beauty and ugliness. There's no pretension, there's no guilt, only bare faces with intense eyes of his muses, and objects and every little nice things and dirty stuff, lots of drunkenness and love, in various forms. I love this book of poems and I don't need to say why. You like reading Bukowsk
Mar 17, 2008 Faith-Anne rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Faith-Anne by: Dr. B
Bukowski is one of those poets you can show to people who swear up & down that poetry is all rhyming & flowers. Even if you hate Bukowski, you must admit that he's an original. I love Bukowski. His poems are a perfect break from the 'real' world. They're brutally honest & lovely in their grotesqueness. This collection is wonderful. Sure it isn't for the faint of heart, but Bukowski really does prove that poetry comes in all shapes & sizes.
Ahmed Oraby
حين تكف النساء
عن حمل المرايا
إلى كل مكان يذهبن إليه
فعندئذ ربما
يمكنهن أن يحدثنني
عن التحرر
Prendete un essere umano che è stato mille volte e più deluso dall’amore e chiedetegli cosa ne pensa. Riuscirà ad inanellare una serie di similitudini e metafore perfette che probabilmente riuscirete a capire solo se siete stati delusi mille e più volte anche voi. ”Love is a dog from hell”.. che, forse, non è così?
Bukowski di amore ne sapeva un sacco in quanto si innamorava troppo facilmente. In fatto di amore lui era il Sognatore. Ci sono certe persone che appena nascono iniziano a pensare all’
بثينة العيسى

قصيدة بوكوفسكي ذكية، ولكنها ليست فجة. هي مضحكة في أحايين كثيرة، ومبكية في أحايين أكثر، ولا مبالية غالباً.

المبالاة هي ما لم يعجبني، أحس بأن شرط الشعر هو انفتاحٌ مطلق على العالم، ولا يسعك أن تكون متفرجاً لا مبالياً إلى هذه الدرجة، ولكن انحيازه - غير المباشر - إلى المسحوقين، الهامشيين، يطفو على السطح من حينٍ إلى آخر، ويفضح إنسانيته.

وجدتُ بأنك كلما تقدمت في الكتاب صارت القصائد أجمل / أطرف / أقسى ..
Ever felt like there was no one for you, nothing and no one who could hold your existence? As if you were drifting through life-going from person to person, place to place, job to job? Read this-it might wake you up. And make you feel a lot less lonely. Devastatingly, shatteringly beautiful.
I did not enjoy this collection nearly as much as what I have already read by Bukowski, though this was still well worth my time. I had planned on changing my rating to 3 stars but then I started flipping to the pages I had saved and I am now comfortable with the 4 stars. Once again, when I had finished, the book looked very important and worthy, with so many of my little paper scraps hanging out, noting the pages of poems I did not want to forget.

This collection lacked the fire I felt in the l
Ryan Milbrath
Bukowski’s poetry brings to mind the free verse ranting found on scrawled on bathroom stalls with permanent marker. Love is a Dog from Hell provides a collection of his finest prose on woman, every-day living, drinking, and of – of course – love (in its most low and basest forms).

I believe Bukowski is one of the greatest poets in the modern world of poetry not because of his style, topics, rhyme schemes, or his connection with the beats. I believe he is one of the best because of his honesty. L
Nov 22, 2015 Anne rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
The various sides of Charles I met with in this collection of poetry.
I won't be offering any interpretations or analysis because this man was a train wreck, and trying to analyze his chaotic thoughts would only provide suboptimal satisfaction.

1.Sweet and romantic Charles

she solves all her
lives down by the sea
puts sugar out for th
Raegan Butcher
Bukowski has so many books of poetry that it almost staggers the imagination; if one were to rank them in over-all quality, i would have to say this is in his top five.
Written as his early to mid 1970s underground cult hero/legend status was firmly rising to a peak, this collection shows him to be as much the sensitive sufferer in the battlegrounds of love as anyone, despite his persistently negative reception among critics as nothing more than a drunken, vulgar boor.
بوكوفسكي ذلك الرجل الذي يكتب بتأثير الجعة، حقًا هو كذلك، هو الشاعر الذي يوجّه كاميرا قصائده إلى الناس المهمشين، الفقراء، الذين لا وجود لهم في الحياة، يكتب عن الشيخوخة بطريقة تجعلها غريبة، كيف لم ننتبه لها، ماذا فعلنا حتى وصلنا إليها.
"الألم زهرة...الألم زهور".

يكتب عن المثقف وعن المجنون وعن الاجتماعي.
"بعضهم يفقد عقله ويصبح روحًا:
بعضهم يفقد روحه ويصبح عقلاً:
بعضهم يفقد الاثنين:
المقبول اجتماعيًا".
I love, love, love Bukowski. And here is why I love him.

"she wore a platinum blonde wig
and her face was rouged and powdered
and she put the lipstick on
making a huge painted mouth
and her neck was wrinkled
but she still had the ass of a young girl
and the legs were good.
she wore blue panties and I took them off
raised her dress, and with the TV flickering
I took her standing up.
as we struggled around the room
(I'm fucking the grave, I thought, I'm
bringing the dead back to life,
so marvelous
hanan al-herbish al-herbish
هذا الديوان .. لا تكفيه قراءة واحدة .. هذا الديوان .. صديق كل هؤلاء الذين يشعرون بالوحدة في الأزقة المظلمة و الأرصفة المبللة بالمطر .. ديوان المعدمين المهمّشين المختبئين في الأفنية الخلفية .. البسطاء الذين يخرجون للعمل كل صباح ، و يرجعون الى بيوتهم ليناموا ملء اعينهم .. ديوان التفاصيل الصغيرة التي اقتنصتها عدسة بوكوڤسكي الحسّاسة ..

المعدم .. السكّير الذي يسبح في قعر الكأس .. يستنطق التفاصيل الصغيرة ، التافهة ، و المهملة التي تحيط بنا بصمتها الذي ينطوي على الكثير من المعاني و الدلالات ..

لقد أحببت
Love for this romantic man was when the love of his life packed her bags and left him for eternity, love was shouting and yelling and throwing things to cause pain. In Love Is A Dog From Hell, underlies the secret of a man who knew tough love better than any of us could. There was a lot of love, or what he would call love surrounding his entire life. For Bukowski love came in empty bourbon bottle form or a punch in the face and women who would leave his side to never return before he woke up in ...more
Nouhé AL-Fradi
المنطقة التي تفصل الدماغ عن الروح
تتأثر بالتجربة بشتى الطرق ...
بعضهم يفقد عقله ويصبح روحا :
بعضهم يفقد روحه ويصبح عقلا :
بعضهم يفقد الإثنين :
المقبول إجتماعيا
Sep 19, 2007 Alyson rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of a good potty-mouth
I just happened on this one in a bookstore and sat down to read a bit. Whoa! As a junior in high school I was just getting into literature that was off the beaten path, and this just about blew my mind. I ended up writing my junior year literary analysis paper on his prose. It was called "Banality and Booze: Charles Bukowski Doesn't Like You." I was lucky to find him.
طاهر الزهراني
من أروع الدواوين المترجمة التي مرت عليّ، واعتقد أن سبب روعة القصائد، استخدامه لبعض الصور والمفارقات، وتوظيف تقنية القص والنهايات الفجة والصادمة، الإشتغال على الأشياء التفاهة والسخيفة والإهتمام بها هو ما جعل هذا الشعر بهذه الروعة والتفرد، طبعاً هذا الديوان عبارة عن مختارات، كم أتمنى أن تترجم كل دواوين هذا الرجل للعربية.
Jayaprakash Satyamurthy
I haven't read every poem in this collection, but poetry collections aren't meant to be read from cover to cover like novels. I feel qualified to opine on a poetry collection when I've read over 2/3rd of the contents, and I'm a little over that point now with this one.

Someone whose poetic sensibilities I trust recommended this particular one to me. I like it. Bukowski writes in choppy, demotic declarations, writes about seedy, sordid places and messed-up, sexy situations. I can't tell if he's a
Cee Martinez
"Don't bring a whore, I'll only fall in love with her."

The verse appears more than once in Charles Bukowski's set of poems, "Love is a Dog From Hell." The majority of the poems are devoted to the various muses of his life, lovers and exes, some of them overlapping. Each one of these women is studied, catalogued, screwed, licked, tickled, and nailed into this shadowbox of poems like spread eagled Monarch specimens, not a single detail or secret concealed.

The human condition in this volume is show
Ya well, this pretty much sums it up.

Tuqa Mohammad
لبوكوفسكي قدرة لكتابة قصيدة كامله عن تفاصيل دقيقه حياتية واحده !
Abeer Saleh
لا أعلم السبب , لكن أغلب القصائد لم تكن كما أتمنى , صحيح أني أشعر بصدق بوكوفسكي, وشفافيته, و عيشه حياته بالطريقة التي يحبها من خلالها, لكن ما قرأته هنا لم يكن كـ "مكتب البريد", أو بمعنى أصح لم يدهشني مثله, و أعترف لو كان كاتبها غير بوكوفسكي لكان التقييم أقل, هل هو تحيز ؟ ربما :)

مع ذلك, سأحب أن أقرأ لهذا المجنون مرة أخرى, متمنية أن يكون القادم أفضل.
Marwa الإتربي
  • Early Work, 1970-1979
  • Book of Longing
  • Lunch Poems
  • The Air-Conditioned Nightmare
Henry Charles Bukowski (born as Heinrich Karl Bukowski) was a German-born American poet, novelist and short story writer. His writing was influenced by the social, cultural and economic ambience of his home city of Los Angeles.It is marked by an emphasis on the ordinary lives of poor Americans, the act of writing, alcohol, relationships with women and the drudgery of work. Bukowski wrote thousands ...more
More about Charles Bukowski...

“there is a loneliness in this world so great
that you can see it in the slow movement of
the hands of a clock.

people so tired
either by love or no love.

people just are not good to each other
one on one.

the rich are not good to the rich
the poor are not good to the poor.

we are afraid.

our educational system tells us
that we can all be
big-ass winners.

it hasn't told us
about the gutters
or the suicides.

or the terror of one person
aching in one place

unspoken to

watering a plant.”
“I loved you like a man loves a woman he never touches, only writes to, keeps little photographs of.” 2785 likes