Start by marking “Teeny Tiny” as Want to Read:
Teeny Tiny

Teeny Tiny

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  63 ratings  ·  11 reviews
When the teeny tiny woman goes for a walk, she comes upon a teeny tiny bone that's perfect for making soup. Little does she know that the ghostly owners of the bone will follow her home for a teeny tiny bit of terror! The rhythmic words are wonderful for reading aloud, and dePaola's illustrations are colorful, cheerful and childlike. --Publishers Weekly The repetitive patt ...more
Paperback
Published December 29th 1997 by Puffin (first published March 28th 1986)

To ask other readers questions about Teeny Tiny, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Teeny Tiny

Aimee
The teeny tiny woman goes for a walk and finds a bone that will be perfect for supper. A voice comes to her and the night and demands she give back the bone.

This was my favorite story as a child. It was just spooky enough to excite me, but I was a little scared by the book. The rhythmical text in this book will be engaging to the reader. Very young readers will be able to read this story as it is a very simple text with a lot of repetition. The illustrations of a friendly woman with big eyes wou
Janet
This is almost an easy reader verison of this folktale; even the dimensions of the book are on the small side to match the concept of teeny tiny. I choose to read this because of the dePaola illustrations and these are perhaps more sparse in detail than the typical dePaola illustration. However, I did find his signature heart in one of the illustrations. Thre are other more engaging verisons of this folktale.
Connie
This is a classic English ghost story, in the vein of "The Golden Arm", where eventually you end up screaming at your unsuspecting vict- uh, child.

Great fun, not much more to it than that. If you want to read the story beforehand you can look it up on google.
Larc
Amanda Sevigny recommended Teeny Tiny and The Little Old Lady Who Was Not Afraid of Anything as good children's spooky stories perfect for the holiday season!
Suzanne
I love this story but I had to subtract a star because it also reminds me of Mrs. Freund and Dana Wedin. Lorie, Brian, and my mom will know why.
Maria
I think this makes a better story out loud than ( i think I first heard it at a storytelling festival) a book.
Winslow
You like to count the ghosts on each page, and to chant the refrain, "Give me back my bone!"
Melanie
A retelling of a classic English tale illustrated by award winning Tomie DePaola.
Miri
I enjoyed this version of this story the most, it was short fun and a little spooky.
Amanda Padgett
One of my favorite books as a child. Now my kids love it as well.
Cindy Laporte
Cindy Laporte marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2014
Shana Geiger
Shana Geiger marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2014
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2014
Janna
Janna added it
Aug 27, 2014
Johnknoxpreschool
Johnknoxpreschool marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Empathic Vision: Affect, Trauma, and Contemporary Art Noisy Poems Baa Baa Dead Sheep Grandad's Tree: Poems about Families Playing Dead (Point Crime)