Start by marking “Teeny Tiny” as Want to Read:
Teeny Tiny

Teeny Tiny

When the teeny tiny woman goes for a walk, she comes upon a teeny tiny bone that's perfect for making soup. Little does she know that the ghostly owners of the bone will follow her home for a teeny tiny bit of terror! The rhythmic words are wonderful for reading aloud, and dePaola's illustrations are colorful, cheerful and childlike. --Publishers Weekly The repetitive patt ...more
Paperback
Published December 29th 1997 by Puffin (first published March 28th 1986)

To ask other readers questions about Teeny Tiny, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Teeny Tiny

Yesterly
May 14, 2017 Yesterly rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Maybe it tells us that small people can be big in ways. Small but terrible, as they say. I still didn't like it that much.
Aimee
The teeny tiny woman goes for a walk and finds a bone that will be perfect for supper. A voice comes to her and the night and demands she give back the bone.

This was my favorite story as a child. It was just spooky enough to excite me, but I was a little scared by the book. The rhythmical text in this book will be engaging to the reader. Very young readers will be able to read this story as it is a very simple text with a lot of repetition. The illustrations of a friendly woman with big eyes wou
Janet
Nov 20, 2010 Janet rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Jessica
This is almost an easy reader verison of this folktale; even the dimensions of the book are on the small side to match the concept of teeny tiny. I choose to read this because of the dePaola illustrations and these are perhaps more sparse in detail than the typical dePaola illustration. However, I did find his signature heart in one of the illustrations. Thre are other more engaging verisons of this folktale.
Connie
Jul 20, 2008 Connie rated it really liked it
This is a classic English ghost story, in the vein of "The Golden Arm", where eventually you end up screaming at your unsuspecting vict- uh, child.

Great fun, not much more to it than that. If you want to read the story beforehand you can look it up on google.
Miri
Oct 31, 2013 Miri rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: halloween
I enjoyed this version of this story the most, it was short fun and a little spooky.
Suzanne
Jun 05, 2008 Suzanne rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
I love this story but I had to subtract a star because it also reminds me of Mrs. Freund and Dana Wedin. Lorie, Brian, and my mom will know why.
Winslow
Jan 24, 2010 Winslow rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorite
You like to count the ghosts on each page, and to chant the refrain, "Give me back my bone!"
Maria
Apr 03, 2010 Maria rated it it was ok
I think this makes a better story out loud than ( i think I first heard it at a storytelling festival) a book.
Larc
Amanda Sevigny recommended Teeny Tiny and The Little Old Lady Who Was Not Afraid of Anything as good children's spooky stories perfect for the holiday season!
Anthony
Anthony rated it it was amazing
May 08, 2012
Ben Petit
Ben Petit rated it liked it
Jun 23, 2014
Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Aug 02, 2015
Lang
Lang rated it liked it
Oct 17, 2014
Judi Caplan
Judi Caplan rated it it was amazing
Apr 28, 2014
Kathryn
Kathryn rated it it was amazing
Jan 25, 2015
Галина Ткачук
Галина Ткачук rated it it was amazing
Feb 14, 2017
Stephanie Chavez
Stephanie Chavez rated it liked it
Nov 04, 2014
Sadie
Sadie rated it really liked it
Jul 12, 2013
Lamar Daniel
Vocabulary of the letter T
Alanna
Alanna rated it it was amazing
Oct 03, 2015
Josie Nelson
Josie Nelson rated it liked it
Apr 18, 2013
Heather
Heather rated it really liked it
Jul 12, 2012
Daria
Daria rated it really liked it
Nov 03, 2013
Trevor Prentice
Trevor Prentice rated it liked it
Mar 31, 2015
Melanie
A retelling of a classic English tale illustrated by award winning Tomie DePaola.
Courtney
Courtney rated it liked it
Aug 19, 2016
Victoria
Victoria rated it really liked it
Nov 27, 2014
Polly
Polly rated it liked it
May 23, 2011
Dylan
Dylan rated it it was amazing
Nov 05, 2016
Ryan
Ryan rated it really liked it
Sep 27, 2015