Start by marking “From E to You” as Want to Read:
From E to You

From E to You

Dear Annabelle, Hi, my name's Guy. In case you've never heard of me, I'm sending this because my Dad and your Dad think we ought to be e-mail pen-pals. I bet you've got far better things to do than write to a boy you've never even met, so I won't mind if you don't want to bother.

Best wishes,

Guy Woodham

Dear woodham@woodworks.com,

You're right, I've never heard of you. Howeve
Published June 26th 2001 by Simon Pulse (first published January 1st 2000)

To ask other readers questions about From E to You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about From E to You

Joni
Feb 10, 2008 Joni rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: EVERYONE!!!
Wow!! How do you begin to describe a book like this? It's so moving, so unbelievably real. I read it three times, going straight back to the first page after I finished the last!

It was co-written by two authors, Chris d'Lacey author of Fly, Cherokee, Fly and Linda Newbery, who also wrote No Way Back, and is about a boy and girl called Guy and Annabelle, whose fathers are business partners. Guy's dad suggests he emails Annabelle, just for fun, but the two of them end up becoming friends and f
Rachel Brand
Apr 25, 2008 Rachel Brand rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2000, children, library
I read this book eight years ago, when I was nine, but I remember it so vividly. I'd love to get hold of a copy and see if I still enjoy it. The things which I remember most about this book are: the girl and the boy think that they're related because their mum's have the same name; their parents had a pancake party; the girl recieves postcards and there is some mystery connected to this; the boy is called Guy and the girl thinks that it's a stupid name so calls him something else in her emails; ...more
John
Feb 24, 2012 John rated it liked it
Short and sweet. The last fifty pages were very extraneous, and since it was written in 2000/2001, the technical aspects of it (someone being confused by email, the general amazement at the basic functions of email) are already outdated. Overall, though, it was really cute. A love story between two teens introduced to each other as e-pen-pals via their parents, and in the process open up to each other, get things in their lives severely confused, and fall in love. It was a nice library read for ...more
Evileye
Jun 07, 2016 Evileye rated it it was amazing
Esther
Feb 19, 2011 Esther rated it really liked it
Summary:
When Annabelle's parents insist that she start an e-mail correspondence with a strange boy, she is none too enthusiastic. Guy feels very similar. However, in spite of their reservations they become real friends... and who knows, maybe something more!

This is a unique book written by two popular authors and told entirely in e-mail format - a must-read.
Kristen Headden
Mar 08, 2008 Kristen Headden rated it really liked it
This was a good book! I like books that have sort of a mystery to them and this one has kind of a mystery behind the locket... you will have to read it to find out about that. The whole book is e-mails because the main characters, Guy and Anabelle, become e-mail pen pals. I would recommend this book to everyone. You should read it.
Sella Malin
Oct 19, 2009 Sella Malin rated it really liked it
This is a sweet book. I love how it's written entirely in emails, and I love how the story has a life of its own outside the emails. I love Annabelle; she's a really awesome, round, zesty character. This book is awesome. :)
Nicola Muzsla
An okay book, lightly entertaining. My edition hadn't been proof-read very well, a lot of typo's like jumping from page 202 to 223 then back to 204! Very annoying!
Camilla
Jul 28, 2010 Camilla rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paperback, epistolary
Thought it was really cool actually.. I was surprisingly hooked from page one!
I only hope, that there will be a 2nd book, so we can find out what happened to A and G.. :)

Tara
Sep 01, 2012 Tara rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wasn't bad, quite a nice easy read, though Annabelle can get on your nerves a little! Nice twisty ending!
Monique
Hate it when I can't get my hands on a copy...

Cute, and laugh out loud funny sometimes!
Some things were a little too inappropriate, though which affected my enjoyment of everything else.
Liz
Apr 05, 2009 Liz rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya, 2009, 2010
Hee hee. Annabelle's so damn sassy and Guy's just so gorgeous (personality-wise, I mean) that you can't help but fall in love with this book.
Jackie
Oct 30, 2009 Jackie rated it it was amazing
This was a great book about a girl and a boys e-mails to each other. It's really funny and an easy read
Devin
Mar 03, 2008 Devin rated it it was amazing
Shelves: can-read-again
This book was cute, and romantic. It showed that when love comes into the picture, nothing else matters. Not age, not hair color, nothing.
Olivia Padilla
Olivia Padilla rated it did not like it
Jun 13, 2014
Andrea Stephenson
Review coming soon
Laura Burgess
Laura Burgess rated it really liked it
Nov 23, 2016
Alex
Alex rated it really liked it
May 08, 2012
Rachel
Rachel rated it it was amazing
Jan 23, 2008
Jelly
Jelly rated it really liked it
May 08, 2013
Litia
Litia rated it liked it
Dec 17, 2011
Steph
Steph rated it it was ok
Aug 11, 2008
manky
Feb 14, 2016 manky rated it really liked it
really gr8 and entrtaining book
i loved it!
Yusra
Yusra rated it really liked it
Dec 03, 2011
Annie Huang
Annie Huang rated it really liked it
Jun 17, 2013
Ailsa
Ailsa rated it it was ok
Aug 30, 2012
Amanda Stewart
Amanda Stewart rated it really liked it
Jan 12, 2013
Adam Alavi
Adam Alavi rated it really liked it
Dec 22, 2011
Aaryama
Aaryama rated it liked it
Sep 19, 2011
Suzanna
Suzanna rated it it was amazing
Jun 28, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Confessions of a Boyfriend Stealer
  • The Meanwhile Adventures
  • No More Mr. Nice Guy (Sweet Valley Jr. High, #26)
  • Cheating on Anna (Sweet Valley Jr. High, #8)
  • Jessi and the Jewel Thieves (Baby-Sitters Club Mystery, #8)
  • The Fox Busters
  • The Whales' Song
  • Alfie
  • Hearts of Iron
  • Princess Jellyfish, Tome 10
  • How It's Done
  • Stealing the Network: How to Own a Shadow (Stealing the Network) (Stealing the Network)
  • The Jolly Pocket Postman
  • Nightwork: A History of Hacks and Pranks at MIT
  • Rule #1: Don't Touch Anything (Jumpman #1)
  • A Sterkarm Kiss (Sterkarm, #2)
He was born in Valetta, Malta, but as a child moved first to Leicester and then to Bolton. After gaining a degree in biology from the University of York, he returned to Leicester and got a job at the University of Leicester in their Pre-Clinical Sciences department.
Originally his writing was confined to songs and he didn't turn to fiction until he was 32. His first piece of work was a 250,000 word
More about Chris d'Lacey...