Start by marking “Dragon Ball Vol. 20” as Want to Read:
Dragon Ball Vol. 20

Dragon Ball Vol. 20 (Dragon Ball #20)

4.32 of 5 stars 4.32  ·  rating details  ·  877 ratings  ·  19 reviews
With the mighty Kaiô-ken amplifying his strength, Goku fights Vegeta in a desperate battle to save the world--only to find that the elite Saiyan warrior is even stronger than his new techniques! In desperation, Goku calls upon the Genki-dama, the "spirit ball," drawing power from the Earth, its people, plants, and animals. But alone, even Goku is not enough. The last worn- ...more
Published July 1997 by PT Elex Media Komputindo (first published January 10th 1990)

To ask other readers questions about Dragon Ball Vol. 20, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dragon Ball Vol. 20

Sam Quixote
This entire book is Vegeta vs Son Goku, Son Gohan, Kuririn, and Yajirobe. It’s an incredible, epic, massive, completely over the top fight - and I loved it! It sounds like the worst kind of excess but it’s really not - it’s so much fun, really.

Goku unleashes wave after wave of kaio-ken before Vegeta transforms into the giant ape form we saw child Goku change into in the original Dragon Ball series. The entire book is them one-upping the other in each chapter. Goku does this super-amazing move a
Previously on Dragon Ball Z

(I) Vegeta and Nappa (2 Saiyans) have arrived to Earth to annihilate everyone and find the Dragon Balls. Goku is Earth's last salvation and luckily he makes to the battle before they kill his son.

(II) Yamcha is dead, and Nappa killed Tenshinhan and Chaozu. As fate would have it Vegeta killed Nappa because he couldn't fight Goku anymore.

(III) Vegeta and Goku are going to head into one of the dangerous battles of this series and we have no idea what the outcome will be.
Amanda L
Best fight so far.
Adam Tucker
Been a while since I've read properly, but recently my best friend has gotten her dream job of working in a library and one day I visited her at work and she convinced me to get a library card and take out this book as she knows I'm a fan of dbz. I must thank her because of her i have gotten back into reading. This is the first dbz manga that I have read. I have seen every episode of the anime numerous times and it felt weird comparing the two together with the difference in some names of people ...more
Kurami Rocket
This whole vol is the entire fight against Vegeta. Those of you who love action will surely love this volume since it is full of it. The action is very fast paced, and neither good or evil let up in their attacks. It is blow after blow in this fight for desperate survival.

My favorite part was definitely Yajirobe. He of all people was truly helpful and unexpected in this fight. Not to mention Gohan and Krillin played important roles as well. It wasn't just our main hero, Goku, who fought bravely
This book is a good book full of action and and battles. A main character even dies. The setting is on Earth and a guy named Vegeta and his partner fight against Goku and his friends. But in the end Goku is badly wounded and several of his friends are dead.
Goku, Krillin, and Gohan fight Vegeta this volume. The only reason I didn't give it five stars is because I fly through these in no time at all. :/
How do I download it?
Joshua Mcnicholl
as the fight continues against Goku and Vegeta for the earth. Vegeta has come to kill off the human race and sell Earth to other alien races. But Earth has a elite group of warriors called the Z warriors and lead by there Saiyan warrior Goku. but will goku be able to defect Vegeta or will Vegeta's unseen power be to much for Goku will his training with king kia pay off? or is it the end for the Z warriors all will be revealed in this volume. it's a must read!
this book by wulong. this book story is talking about the goku join the boxing for fighting with another guys. First goku fight with kakashi but kakashi is good at fighting but at last wukong was beat kakashi. and last goku was win. but lot the enemies join to fighting. goku will won or lose?
Annchan Maulana
Duh duh duh Songoku, Trunks, Bezita, BuLma ... dah lama banget ga baca and nonton Dragon Ballz. Salah satu kartun jepang favoritku dulu nie, selain Sailor Moon and Doraemon ^^
Annchan Maulana
Wow I love this book because I has lots of action in it.And I will finish the whole series.
The little bits of personality of some of the more minor characters make this tolerable.
Rushi Patel
Goku and Piccolo are fighting Ritiz the saiyan that traveled from planet Vegeta.
Timothy Deraps
This book is action packed! Goku,and Vegeta fight one on one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Goku fought Vegeta throughout the book. Vegeta escaped in the end.
jorge ochoa
jorge ochoa marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2015
Balckstar1225 marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2015
Luis added it
Nov 23, 2015
Ahmad marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2015
Like A
Like A marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2015
  • ワンピース [Wan Pīsu] 58 (One Piece, #58)
  • 1/2 王子 8 (1/2 Prince, #8)
  • Ranma 1/2, Vol. 26 (Ranma ½ (US 2nd), #26)
Akira Toriyama is a widely known and acclaimed Japanese manga artist known mostly for his creation of Dragon Ball in 1984. It is difficult to pin point the source of Toriyama's artwork inspiration. He admires Osamu Tezuka's Astro Boy and was impressed by Walt Disney's One Hundred and One Dalmatians, which he remembers for the great art. Jackie Chan's early movies had a noticeable influence on Tori ...more
More about Akira Toriyama...

Dragon Ball (1 - 10 of 42 books)
  • Dragon Ball, Vol. 1: The Monkey King (Dragon Ball, #1)
  • Dragon Ball, Vol. 2: Wish Upon a Dragon (Dragon Ball, #2)
  • Dragon Ball, Vol. 3: The Training of Kame-Sen'nin (Dragon Ball, #3)
  • Dragon Ball, Vol. 4: Strongest Under the Heavens (Dragon Ball, #4)
  • Dragon Ball, Vol. 5: The Red Ribbon Army (Dragon Ball, #5)
  • Dragon Ball, Vol. 6: Bulma Returns! (Dragon Ball, #6)
  • Dragon Ball, Vol. 7: General Blue and the Pirate Treasure (Dragon Ball, #7)
  • Dragon Ball, Vol. 8: Taopaipai and Master Karin (Dragon Ball, #8)
  • Dragon Ball, Vol. 9: Test of the All-Seeing Crone (Dragon Ball, #9)
  • Dragon Ball, Vol. 10: Return to the Tournament (Dragon Ball, #10)