Start by marking “Like Pizza and Beer (Dino Martini Mysteries, #2)” as Want to Read:
Like Pizza and Beer (Dino Martini Mysteries, #2)

Like Pizza and Beer (Dino Martini Mysteries #2)

Dino Martini Mysteries, #1

Working for his ex and his boyfriend, Dino's past and present cross.

Dino is caught off guard when his ex shows up out of the blue asking for help. His current lover, Seth, is pushing him to find dirt on his sister's boyfriend. Juggling between two cases – and his boyfriend and ex – isn't easy, but what choice does he have?Working with his ex t
Published October 4th 2010 by Lyrical Press, Inc. (first published January 1st 2010)

Tara♥
Jul 15, 2014 Tara♥ rated it it was amazing
I want more.

And I want it now.

Still cheesy, still over the top and still awesome.

Oh Dino and Seth!!

Seth is just so amazing and in this he is still snarky and funny but we also get a look at his jealous side and he was at times completely unreasonable but Dino was also a bit of a douche at times and all I wanted to do was hug Seth. When he gives himself to someone he gives everything, no holding back any part of himself. With Dino only recently discovering he is bisexual it was never going to b
Kaje Harper
Jun 10, 2013 Kaje Harper rated it it was amazing
This sequel to Like Coffee and Doughnuts is another sweet, occasionally poignant, and funny adventure in the developing relationship between Dino, a reliable private investigator, and his friend-turned-boyfriend, the more mercurial mechanic, Seth. In the first book, Dino acknowledged being bi, and discovered his love for Seth, but this is still a very new relationship. For Dino, who always walked on the straight side of bi, the public face of a gay relationship is unfamiliar and sometimes uncomf ...more
Kassa
Sep 21, 2010 Kassa rated it really liked it
Finally! I totally adored the first book of the series (Like Coffee and Doughnuts) and have eagerly awaited the sequel. Like Pizza and Beer reads very similar to the first book with good characters, a decent mystery, and a solid step by step resolution that’s interesting but without the crazy heroics that put mysteries over the top into ridiculous. There’s a few bumps in the road here but minor and those that liked the first book of the series will definitely be on board for the second. You shou ...more
Vio
Dec 03, 2011 Vio rated it really liked it
Recommended to Vio by: Td
I didn't think I could love the guys much more, but I did, they are lovely and its the chitchat and teasing wisecracks that kill me, damn these two are fun. This sequel is fabulous and had even more to offer, Seth and Dino's relationship is deeper and we have more character development. A definite feeling of playful fun and sparks. Seth as always is an adorable shit who makes life bearable and wonderful for Dino. The inquisitive, lovely old ladies are back and are as delightful as ever.
Ami
Oct 05, 2010 Ami rated it really liked it
I read the first book (Like Coffee and Doughnuts) early this year. I didn't remember much of the story (blame my small capacity of memory term) BUT I did remember liking Dino and Seth, and had fun while reading their adventure. So, when I knew that there was a sequel, I definitely decided that I would be on board.

Like the 1st book, this story still written from Dino's point of view. This time, Dino handles two cases at one time. His mechanic boyfriend, Seth, (though Dino still don't know whether
Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*
I have to admit, I was hesitant to read this one because of the whole ex coming back into the picture theme. I'm not too fond of exes. In fact, I hate when they appear in my books. Thankfully, my lovely friend HC set me straight and basically told me to suck it up and read the thing... Kidding. Well, kinda.

Anyway, I'm really glad she reassured me it wouldn't be so bad because I absolutely loved this one as much as I loved Like Coffee and Doughnuts. Dino and Seth make sure a wonderful couple. Th
Jane
May 27, 2011 Jane rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m
Loved this just as much as the first one, even if I really wanted to smack Dino at one point (though he redeemed himself, bless him). The humor, the wit, the realism coupled with that slightly insane edge you get from mixing sun and margaritas...

Really fun, charming book. Highly recommended and so very readable. Looking forward to more in this series (I hope there are more. I need more :-))
ttg
Jul 06, 2012 ttg rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, favorites, reviews
4.5 stars. Like Pizza and Beer is the second Dino Martini mystery and the sequel to Like Coffee and Doughnuts. And like the first book, this one is also a very fun and enjoyable m/m mystery romance.

I do recommend reading Like Coffee and Doughnuts first, even though this sequel is a stand-alone mystery. You’ll get way more out of the character progression as well as see where Dino and Seth’s relationship started if you read the first one.

In this one, Dino is still figuring out what it means to be
Chris
Oct 09, 2010 Chris rated it it was amazing
Excellent m/m romantic suspense that you should not even pick up until you've read the first book, Like Coffee and Doughnuts. That won't be a hardship. :) Dino takes on two new cases: one for Seth, trying to find dirt on Seth's sister's scumbag boyfriend, the other for his own ex-girlfriend, which makes Seth very jealous. Add to that Dino's own discomfort with anyone knowing that he's dating Seth...
Jenre
Oct 04, 2010 Jenre rated it it was amazing
Like Pizza and Beer is the sequel to Like Coffee and Doughnuts. Since my first reading, I’ve grown more and more fond of that previous book and it is now firmly on my keeper shelf – it’s funny how some books affect you that way, isn’t it? This means I’ve been greatly looking forward to this sequel and I’m happy to say, it didn’t disappoint one bit.

At the end of the previous book Dino, our first person narrator and private detective, had started a relationship with his best friend, Seth. As this
Edina Rose
May 09, 2011 Edina Rose rated it it was amazing
Waouh! This is even better than the first book in the series, Like Coffee and Doughnuts.
The style is still great, it reads easily and it is like watching the TV series "The Wire" because it feels so real.

I like the fact that the Dino, PI is a good guy, but no straight law-abiding citizen. He knows when to bend the rules. You have to in his business. I find the PI job description captivating. He does not only investigate, he also get down and dirty, being a kind of muscle-man for his clients as
DaisyGirl
3.5 Stars

I liked this one much better than the first book. Dino’s ex-girlfriend (the love of his life ten years prior) shows up out of the blue asking for his help. Her restaurant is being sabotaged and she’s at wits end about what to do. Meanwhile, Seth’s sister is dating a loser and Seth wants Dino to dig up dirt on the jerk. Between juggling the two cases, Seth’s jealousy, and Dino’s unwillingness to come out of the closet, I found this book truly engaging.

I like some angst in my m/m reads a
MsMiz (Tina)
Oct 09, 2010 MsMiz (Tina) rated it really liked it
3.5 - I love stories like this and Elle Parker does it well. I will never get tired of Dino and Seth and really hope that we get more.

Dino and Seth are still feeling their way around this relationship. Dino being more reserved and not willing to be 'out and proud' causes some dust up with these two, but luckily we have two decently mature men in this story and the work they put in to fix issues is both logical, fun and very in character for them. They get added pressure when Dino's old flame wa
Shelby
This is one of those strange cases where I think I liked the second book better than the first. In a lot of ways because I knew what to expect going in. Knowing that this was going to be more of a day to day mystery and investigation and a lot less romance, especially since Dino and Seth are already together, made more enjoyable for me.

I liked seeing Seth and Dino again, and watching these two work out a few more of their issues was fun. The cases in this story were entertaining and a lot more
Stacey Jo
Elle Parker has gone and written another superb story. I swear it's so realistic it's like you are right there in the story. It's an excellently done mystery and the chemisty between Dino and Seth is absolutley awesome. I'm a sucker for angst and it's done well here with Dino and Seth and their issues. Seth is adorable when he's jealous. But it's great to see them get their relationship out of the bumpy and unsure beginnings to something that is more comfortable, trusting and established. This i ...more
Emma Sea
Jun 06, 2012 Emma Sea rated it liked it
Shelves: detective, mystery
Nothing exceptional here, but a pleasant way to spend an evening. Dino Martini is growing on me. Solid writing, a believable mystery, interesting secondary characters. I find Martini's growing collection of acquaintences in the dubious entrepreneurship/organised-crime field enjoyable.
Ang -PNR Book Lover Reviews
Jan 30, 2011 Ang -PNR Book Lover Reviews rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Emanuela ~plastic duck~
I liked it better than the first, because I finally saw in Dino what I thought was missing in the first book: his freaking out about his first male lover. See, Seth is quite a handful, he's open and apparently unshakable, but it was very fascinating to see how his insecurity turns to jealousy and also a bit of indignation. Dino and Seth are a great couple, they perfectly complement each other and I liked seeing how Seth brings out the sexy in the serious Dino.

The evolving relationship between th
Skye Blue
Mar 09, 2016 Skye Blue rated it really liked it
I want the next book!!!!!

I'm really glad that the series is not over, I just with there was an estimate on the next book.

I liked Dino and Seth even better this round.
I liked the mystery, and how the investigation seems pretty realistic. Not way over the top, or clues coming in out of nowhere.

Dino and his love for Matilda! Parking at the strip club cracked me up.

I turned the corner and parked Matilda on the street, rather than put her in The Mermaid's parking lot. It wouldn't be dignified for he
Wendy Ann
Loved this second book in the series even better than the first and hope the author plans more for the future! As with the first book, this one is told from Dino’s point of view and I had one of those aha moments when I realized that I’ve come to equate him to the actor that narrates the Geico commercials. The tone of voice and mannerisms completely fit how the book reads to me and how I envision Dino’s character as a somewhat prim and proper (not quite out) private eye – LOL! Seth is still his ...more
Momof3-in an Ash and Cael sandwich
4 stars. I seriously love these guys...I hope there are more to come. This one seemed a little less "hot" than the first one, but I enjoyed the side--investigation plot more than the last one. Overall, quick reads with good characters and realistic relationship issues. Hope to read more from this author in the future.
Ravyn
Excellent. Great balance of mystery and romance. Realistic romantic hurdles, with no sappy crap. And one of the few m/m romances out there that has me actually laughing out loud at the main characters' interactions and genuinely witty banter.
Hannah
I didn't enjoy this book quite as much as the first one. It didn't have quite as much humor, and the characters got on my nerves a bit. But it was still a fun, quick read, and I wish there were more books in the series.
Paris
Jul 09, 2011 Paris rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, favourite-m-m, kindle
I think about Dino Martini mysteries as Gay Noir :-) At least that's what it feels like to me. The pace, the taste of scenery, the characters. They also drink too much and drive at the same time (it's like The Thin Man all over again) :-)

Nadine
Sep 05, 2012 Nadine rated it really liked it
So it doesn't look like there's going to be another book from this series? Too bad because now I'm actually hooked! I liked #2 even more than the first book tbh :)
LynnMarie
Dec 21, 2010 LynnMarie rated it it was amazing
Ren's Review

This is Elle Parker’s second novel in the Dino Martini Detective series and I have to say that even though I haven’t read the first one (which I am going to rectify, shortly) this carries on from the first novel without missing a beat.

I bet you’re saying: how do you know this?

Ms. Parker’s talent is clearly evident as she is able to bring the reader up to date without a series of dragging flashbacks and as such, Like Pizza and Beer can be read as a stand alone novel.

Dino Martini an
Trix
4.5 rating again. The sequel of the Dino Martini series turned out to be just as good as the first book. The fragil balance between mystery and romance development was justly measured providing an interesting read from start to finish.

I felt there was perhaps less banter between Dino and Seth but then again, they have moved from the friends status and had several issues to overcome in their new relationship... which didn't leave much room for witty phrases. However, there were still enough to ma
Khaoula
Aug 26, 2013 Khaoula rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
this is a unique book , i like how Dino & Seth are so REAL , like: so i guess we are gay :D , i liked this book a little bit better than the first one because Dino said he loved Seth too but (view spoiler) it was 07:57 AM & i was reading t ...more
LutaWolf
May 26, 2011 LutaWolf rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, nook-lendable
I love the book. Good plot and the characters are every day people. You can completely get them and how they ended up together. The only down side for me is the chemistry. I know there is chemistry but for me it's the kind of chemistry you'd feel for that boss at work you really shouldn't be crushing on but you totally are. It's not that "oh baby oh baby I gotta get me some of that" chemistry. I'm hoping that this gets played off in the third book as nerves and there will be more pow. There shou ...more
Fangtasia
Apr 13, 2011 Fangtasia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fabulous! Even better than Like Coffee and Doughnuts, loved it! Dino and Seth are exactly how I like my gay characters, they are men who behave like men. Seth has his 'extremely gay' behavior, but he knows when to use it and always with a very specific purpose. The interactions between these characters reminds me of they guys in the Cut & Run series. They are great friends and they also happen to be lovers. Perfect!
  • GhosTV (PsyCop #6)
  • Trust Me If You Dare (Romano and Albright, #2)
  • Inland Empire (Taking the Odds, #2)
  • Deadly Wrong (Deadly Mystery, #2)
  • Death by Misfortune (Bill Turner, #2)
  • All She Wrote (Holmes & Moriarity, #2)
  • Hide Out (Private Dicks, #2)
  • Breaking Cover (Life Lessons, #2)
  • Private Eye (Liaisons #1)
Elle Parker is a lover of romance in many forms. She writes erotic novels and short stories in several genres, most notably gay romance. She is a member of the Erotic Authors Association, Erotica Readers & Writers Association, and Romance Writers United.
More about Elle Parker...

Dino Martini Mysteries (3 books)
  • Like Coffee and Doughnuts (Dino Martini Mysteries, #1)
  • First Frost (Neighborly Affection, #3.5; Dino Martini, #2.5; Highlander Heat, #0.5)