Start by marking “What Do You Really Want for Your Children?” as Want to Read:
What Do You Really Want for Your Children?

What Do You Really Want for Your Children?

4.19 of 5 stars 4.19  ·  rating details  ·  143 ratings  ·  21 reviews
If you have children, then you have dreams for them. You want to see them growing up happy, healthy, self-reliant, and confident in themselves and their abilities. But if you're a typical parent, you've wondered if you'll be able to give them all this. There's good news: you can.

Wayne W. Dyer shares the wisdom and guidance that have already helped millions of readers take
Published August 24th 2010 by HarperCollins e-books (first published January 1st 1985)

To ask other readers questions about What Do You Really Want for Your Children?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What Do You Really Want for Your Children?

Jodi
Nov 18, 2011 Jodi rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents
Decent practical advice but nothing really earth shattering. At times it was a little dated too since it was published in 1985. The letter in the front of the book by Bonnie Kippen kind of turned me off becuae she seemed to not want her children to be "good influences" or "sweet" because they would then be too indoctrinated by society and I fail to see why that is so horrible as long as a child can still be creative and enjoy themselves - we have to follow rules to survive as a society! I also d ...more
Judith
This is a great book not just for working with children but with working with friends and family in general. It's amazing how many mistakes we make in our relationships Feb 2009

I realized that this book can help me with my sorry childhood. My parents made the mistakes. No hugs, no encouragement, no praises, no truth about my birth, and no lots of stuff. How'd I turn out so good. Must have been all those great books I read. They left me alone and I found myself in books. I left them at 19 and mar
Tajamul Hussain
children born are as no limit individuals, with zero hang ups. It is the adults, more so the parents who in the garb of parenting carry out the attempts to straitjacket these tiny lives according to their whims. I read this book way back in 1990 when my son was born.I tried my best to implement the prescriptions from the book. Believe me I had to face embarrassment many a time. But my son who is in mid twenties and daughter that is in teens have grown largely into kind of no non sense persons, c ...more
M
Good questions and ideas, this book put my focus on a loving way to live around my kids.
Molly
Aug 21, 2008 Molly rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents
I found this book last winter by one of my favorite authors. I really agree with most of his parenting premises. I find myself going back to it a lot to get new insights because his thinking does not come naturally to me. (I was raised in a lovingly authoritative household). I love his ideas about encouraging wellness and critical thinking.
Smiley
Dec 29, 2008 Smiley rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: ANY PARENT!
This is THE most awesome book on parenting! It really opened my eyes to how my actions, both intentional and unintentional, help shape the personalities my children are developing. I have gifted this book to others and I, myself, have read it and re-read it...going back to it often to affirm what I've learned and am practicing.
Heather
What you really want for children you need to implement for yourself first. It is all connected...I gave it 4 stars b/c it was a bit wordy at times but great insight on how to really give your children what you really want for them and not focus on what you don't want or it will multiply...
Janelle Rush
This is a fabulous book. Every teacher and parent should be required to read it. If only all children could be raised with the practices in this book. The world would certainly be a better place! Highly recommend this one. It's one you need to read more than once, too!
molly
Apr 17, 2007 molly marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Parents everywhere!
A book that finally understand what I am trying to provide from my children - happiness, confidence and peace, not what society has deemed success!!

Dyer communicates how to raise "no-limit" kids.
Shana
AMAZING! We set the example and memories for children...this books shows you how to inspire and motivated children to believe that their goals are attainable - they just have to believe in themselves.
Natalia
I read this book (spanish version off course), few many times. Every time I learned something more than I can apply in my relationships, whit my children and whit other peopple.

Really loved it!!
Rachel Denning
Sheyla Dyer
Fantastico libro, recomendable para padres de niños de TODAS las edades..!
Phivan Wright
One of the best books I've read on the subject (and I've read tons).
Ineke
I read this book a long time ago and I still cherish it.
Kelley
A great book for parents of all ages.
Niki
Aug 01, 2013 Niki is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Never can read enough parenting books.
Shirley Rose
every parent will enjoy
Tam
A great read for parents.
Rabab Newair
Rabab Newair marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2014
Amecari Otañez
Amecari Otañez is currently reading it
Nov 23, 2014
Ryan
Ryan marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Calm and Compassionate Children: A Handbook
  • Raising Children Compassionately: Parenting the Nonviolent Communication Way
  • A Pebble for Your Pocket
  • Life's Greatest Lessons: 20 Things That Matter
  • Raising Boys with ADHD: Secrets for Parenting Healthy, Happy Sons
  • Fire in the Heart: A Spiritual Guide for Teens
  • Building Moral Intelligence: The Seven Essential Virtues That Teach Kids to Do the Right Thing
  • And the Skylark Sings with Me
  • Guiding the Gifted Child: A Practical Source for Parents and Teachers
  • Respectful Parents, Respectful Kids: 7 Keys to Turn Family Conflict into Cooperation
  • Everyday Blessings: The Inner Work of Mindful Parenting
  • Why Your Life Sucks
  • The Beauty of Different
  • Becoming a Professional Life Coach: Lessons from the Institute of Life Coach Training
  • Dreamers, Discoverers & Dynamos: How to Help the Child Who Is Bright, Bored and Having Problems in School
  • The Secret of Letting Go
  • A Fine Young Man
  • Liberated Parents, Liberated Children: Your Guide to a Happier Family
Wayne Walter Dyer is a popular American self-help advocate, author and lecturer. His 1976 book Your Erroneous Zones has sold over 30 million copies and is one of the best-selling books of all time. It is said to have "[brought] humanistic ideas to the masses".

He received his D.Ed. degree in counseling from Wayne State University. He was a guidance counselor in Detroit at the high school level and
More about Wayne W. Dyer...
The Power of Intention: Learning to Co-create Your World Your Way Change Your Thoughts - Change Your Life: Living the Wisdom of the Tao Your Erroneous Zones Excuses Begone!: How to Change Lifelong, Self-Defeating Thinking Habits Inspiration: Your Ultimate Calling